Neha Dhupia is an Indian Actor, Model, and Television Host. She was one among the Top 10 finalists in the 2002 Miss Universe pageant. Let us find out some more interesting details about Neha Dhupia’s life, her family, biography and other facts.
Neha Dhupia was born on 27 August 1980 (age 38; as in 2018) in Cochin, Kerala, India. She was educated at Nabal Public School in Kochi and Army Public School, Dhaula Kuan, New Delhi. She graduated in History from Jesus and Mary College, New Delhi. She made her acting debut in stage play, Graffiti in New Delhi. Later, she ventured into modelling. In 1994, Neha made her first on-screen appearance as a child artist in the Malayalam movie, Minnaram. At the age of 19, she starred in the Star Plus’ TV Serial, Rajdhani. She also appeared in TV serials like Ssshhhh…Koi Hai, Musafir Hoon Yaaron, and various other programmes. She got her big break after she won the Femina Miss India pageant in 2002.
Family, Boyfriend, Husband & Caste
Neha Dhupia was born into a Sikh Family to Pradip Singh Dhupia and Manpinder aka Babli Dhupia. Her nickname is Chotu. Her father is a retired Indian Navy Officer and her mother is a homemaker. She has a brother, Hardeep Dhupia, who works with Jet Airways.
Neha was in a relationship with a professional squash player, Ritwik Bhattacharya, for a long time. According to some sources, there were even rumours of the duo tying the knot. However, in 2010, they parted their ways.
While in Venezuela, Neha met a dentist named James Sylvester. According to the sources, they were in a relationship for around 3 years and that James moved to India for his lady love. But, later, they parted their ways and James moved back to the US.
In 2014, there were speculations of Neha dating the Indian Cricketer, Yuvraj Singh, when the duo appeared together at a birthday party. However, Neha denied having any relationship with Yuvi.
On 10 May 2018, at the age of 37, Neha married her best friend, Angad Bedi, whom she had been dating for a long time. The couple is blessed with a daughter, Mehr Dhupia Bedi.
Height: 5’ 6”
Weight: 65 kg
Figure Measurements: 36-28-36
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Hair Colour: Brown
In 2000, Neha was seen in a Japanese movie, Nattu Odoru! Ninja Densetsu. In 2003, Neha made her Bollywood debut with the movie, Qayamat: City Under Threat. In the same year, she also made her debut in the Tollywood movie, Ninne Ishtapaddanu. She was much acclaimed for the 2004 movie, Julie, starring Sanjay Kapoor. Subsequently, she starred in various successful movies like Kyaa Kool Hai Hum (2005), Shootout at Lokhandwala (2007) and also played supporting roles in movies like Chup Chup Ke (2006) and Singh is Kinng (2008_. She appeared in a Pakistani movie, Kabhi Pyar Na Karna (2008). She was also seen in the movies like Action Replayy (2010), Hindi Medium (2017), Tumhari Sulu (2017), and an anthology movie, Lust Stories (2018). In 2013, she appeared in Punjabi movie, Rangeelay.
In 2009, Neha was seen in an American TV miniseries, Bollywood Hero, in the role of Lalima Lakhani. Neha also hosted for various shows which include Comedy Circus in 2011 and BFFs with Vogue in 2018. She also hosted an audio show, #NoFilterNeha, which aired on JioSaavn. She interviewed various celebrities on her show #NoFilterNeha. In 2016, she was seen as the gang leader in the reality TV show, MTV Roadies X4: Your Gang, Your Glory. As a judge, she appeared in the TV Show, Chhote Miyan Dhaakad in 2017.
Neha also starred in commercials for various popular brands like Pepsi, Meena Bazar, Reebok, Mitsubishi Lancer, and Maruti. She often participates in ramp-walks organized by renowned companies and people like Monisha Bajaj, Rina Dhaka, Ogaan, Lakme, and NIFT New Delhi.
In 2020, she was brutally trolled by the netizens for her fake feminism. In one of the episodes of MTV Roadies Revolution, when a male contestant said that he had slapped a girl for cheating on him with five other boys, she said that “It’s her choice.” Times of India
- Screen Award – Best Supporting Actress – Tumhari Sulu in 2017
- Sony Pictures India Award – Breaking Societal Stereotypes
Neha owns a Renault Duster and a Toyota Land Cruiser.
Net Worth & Salary
Neha charges around ₹40-50 Lakh per movie. Her net worth is around ₹33 Crores ($5 Million).
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Actresses: Jaya Bhaduri, Rakhee, Smita Patil, Tabu, and Kareena Kapoor
- Books: The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho and comic books
- Colours: Light Red and Purple
- Destinations: Spain, Netherlands, and France
- Neha’s ambition was to become an athlete but, later, she changed her career option to acting.
- In 1998, Neha appeared in a Hindi pop song, Sha Na Na Na, by Euphoria from the album, Dhoom. She was also a member of the band for some time.
- She performed a dual role of twin sisters in the 2005 movie, Sheesha, which Neha claims to be the biggest regret.
- In 2007, while shooting for the film, Dus Kahaniyaan, a scene from the film demanded Neha to lick the palm of her co-actor. She made him wash his hands several times.
- She is health conscious and follows daily food and workout routine along with doing yoga.
- In 2012, she gave up eating non-vegetarian food after she read that meat stays in the body for around six months.
- In 2013, she was the team owner in the Colors TV show, Nautanki: The Comedy Theatre.
- She is a philanthropist and performs various charity works.
- Her hobbies include shopping, doing yoga, travelling, and reading.
References [ + ]
|1.||↑||Times of India|