Vishal Jethwa is a well-known Indian TV and film actor. In 2019, he appeared in the Bollywood film “Mardaani 2″ as Sunny.
Vishal was born on Wednesday, 6 July 1994 (age 25 years; as in 2019), in Maharashtra. His zodiac sign is Cancer. He did his schooling from Abhinav Vidya Mandir, Bhayandar, Maharashtra, and later, completed his graduation from Thakur College of Science & Commerce, Mumbai. Facebook
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Hazel Green
Vishal Jethwa belongs to a Gujarati family. Indian Express His father, Naresh Jethwa passed away due to a heart attack when Vishal was 14 years old. Vishal’s mother is Preeti Jethwa. He has one elder sister, Dolly Jethwa and younger brother, Rahul Jethwa. He is very close to his family. In an interview, he said,
My sister is my life. She was my daddy’s favorite. He is no more now. But I make sure, she doesn’t miss my daddy. She is my favorite too. She is the one who clears all my confusion. Every small matters of my life are discussed with her. She is very precious and I am very thankful to God to give a sister like her.”
In 2011, he did a cameo in a few TV serials including Parvarish,’ ‘Hitler Didi,’ ‘Bade Acche Lagte Hai,’ and ‘Junoon.’ He has also appeared in a few episodes of Savdhaan India’, ‘Confession’, and ‘Fear Files.’
His debut as one of the lead actors was in 2013 in the Sony TV’s serial ‘Bharat Ka Veer Putra: Maharana Pratap.’ He played the character of Jalaluddin Muhammad Akbar in the show while the character of Maharana Pratap was played by Faisal Khan.
In 2015, he was roped in for the mythological serial ‘Sankatmochan Hanuman’ as Bali. In 2016, he acted in the Sony TV’s serial Peshwa Bajirao in which he played the character of ‘Nasir.’
He acted in the famous Indian TV serial Diya Aur Baati Hum as ‘Chota Packet’ (a terrorist in the serial). In 2017, he appeared in the TV serial Thapki Pyaar Ki as Prince Shekhawat. He replaced Bhavesh Balchandani as Lord Krishna in Chakradhari Ajaya Krishna, a mythological serial aired on Big Magic channel.
Before making his debut in the 2019 film Mardaani 2, he did a cameo in the Bollywood movies Darr @ the Mall (2014) and Hindi Medium (2017).
- Actress: Katrina Kaif
- Actor: Hrithik Roshan
- Singers: Sonu Nigam, Kirtidan Gadhvi, Honey Singh, and Enrique Iglesias
- Before getting a big break in the Indian TV serials, he used to perform as a background dancer in the dance reality show Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Li’l Champs.
- His family and friends call him Vishu.
- His hobbies include dancing and singing.
- He is well versed in languages like Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, and English.
- He has appeared in the TV commercial of Amul Kool.
- He worked with U-Star theatre group from 2010 to 2012. His guru is Shoaib Khan.
- He has bagged many awards including Lion Gold Awards and Mirage Entertainment Group Awards for his performance in TV serials.
- He is quite popular on TikTok and uploads videos with other TV actors including Bhavesh Balchandani, Jannat Zubair, Avneet Kaur, and Aashita Bhatia.
- In an interview, when he was asked how he prepared for the role of Sunny in Mardaani 2, he said,
Prepping for this film was a painful process for me emotionally. I’m a very happy, social person so this character is a complete contrast to who I’m in real life. It was very, very hard for me to become Sunny but I knew I had to prove myself as an actor. The preparation for this film was a painful process for me emotionally. To transform into Sunny, I used to put a chair in the middle of the room and I used to vent all my anger, all my aggression towards it as if it was a person. I used a rod to hit the chair, abuse at the chair, shout and scream at the chair as if I was Sunny and I had to cause pain. I used to go to my house and lock myself up in my house for hours and try and behave like Sunny, trying to find a body language, posture and demeanour. I was exhausted after this process because Sunny is a person no one should ever become. Our film warns of people like him.”
- In an interview, his Mardaani 2 co-star Rani Mukerji said,
I think that is the strategy that they (producers) have probably taken. He is amazing in the film. He is going to shock a lot of people with his talent. He’s done an exceptional job. And I am sure that people are going to be very excited to know who he is after they watch his work.”
References [ + ]