Angad Bedi is an actor and TV presenter. He is the son of former Indian cricketer “Bishan Singh Bedi.” He shot to fame with his negative role in Shoojit Sircar’s “Pink.” Let’s find out some interesting facts about Angad Bedi.
Angad Bedi was born on 6 February 1983 (age 36 years; as in 2019) in Delhi, India. He did his schooling from the Bishop Cotton School, Shimla, St. Columbia’s School Delhi, and Gyan Bharti Public School, Delhi. After completing his schooling, he went to St. Stephen’s College, Delhi to complete his graduation. Being raised as a cricketer’s son, he was always passionate about cricket. He even played for Delhi Under-16 and Under-19 Teams; he also played for the Ranji trophy. When Angad was in his teenage, he developed an interest in acting and at the age of 17, he left the cricket to pursue a career in acting.
Height: 5’ 11”
Weight: 75 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Body Measurements: Chest 42”, Waist 32”, Biceps 16”
Family, Caste & Wife
Angad belongs to a Kshatriya (Khatri) Family and follows Sikhism. His father, Bishan Singh Bedi, is a former Indian cricketer, who is counted among one of the most skilled spinners of the country. His mother is Anju Inderjit Bedi. Angad also has a step-mother, Glenith.
He has an elder sister, Neha Bedi. Angad has a step-sister, Gillinder, and step-brother, Gavasinder.
Angad was rumoured to be in a relationship with Arpita Khan.
Angad was also alleged to be dating Nora Fatehi, but the two broke up owing to Angad’s closeness to Neha Dhupia.
On 10 May 2018, Angad married his long-time girlfriend, Neha Dhupia, in a private ceremony in Delhi. The couple has a daughter, Mehr Dhupia Bedi, who was born on 18 November 2018.
Angad received his first break in modelling from fashion designer JJ Valaya. It was after Sashi Kumar, TV anchor, who saw his modelling pictures and wanted to cast him in the film “Kaya Taran” (2004) based on Sikh riots. Thereafter, he appeared as Niranjan “Nanj” Nair in Remo D’Souza’s “F.A.L.T.U.”
Bedi is also a cook, and in 2010, he appeared in the cooking show “Cook Naa Kaho,” which aired on Star one. The same year, he appeared as a contestant in season 3 of the adventure reality show, “Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi.”
In 2011, Angad hosted the first season of the UTV Bindass’ show “Emotional Atyachar.” Next, he featured in Shoojit Sircar’s directorial film “Pink.” He played a negative role in the film and his performance was critically acclaimed. In 2017, played the role of Arvind Vashishth in a web series, “Inside Edge.” The web series was based on a fictional T20 cricket team “Mumbai Mavericks.”
In 2018, Angad played Bikramjeet Singh in Diljit Dosanjh starrer “Soorma.”
Angad has also featured in “24,” a Tamil language science fiction action film.
His car collection includes a Mercedes-Benz M-Class, a Cadillac, and a Renault Duster.
Angad owns a farmhouse in Delhi.
- Food: Tiramisu
- Actresses: Vidya Balan, Rekha, Angelina Jolie
- Directors: Imtiaz Ali, Christopher Nolan
- Films: Sholay, Shahenshah, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Lagaan, The Godfather
- Song: 2 Seater by Nindy Kaur and Diljit Dosanjh’s songs
- TV Shows: Kaun Banega Crorepati, Koffee with Karan
- Colours: black, white, sky blue
- Fashion Designer: John Varvatos
- His hobbies include gymming, cooking, swimming, and playing cricket, squash, badminton and table tennis.
- Bedi idolizes Amitabh Bachchan to such an extent that he can be considered an absolute fanboy of Amitabh.
- Angad still enjoys playing cricket and has been a part of Sohail Khan’s “Mumbai Indian” team in the “Celebrity Cricket League” (CCL).
- Angad Bedi was a good friend of Yuvraj Singh since childhood. It was only through Angad that Yuvraj met his wife, Hazel Keech, as Keech was the Facebook friend of Angad. However, things soured between the two when Angad didn’t invite Yuvraj Singh to his wedding. Angad described the whole matter when he appeared as a guest in his wife’s show, “No Filter Neha.” When he was asked about his relationship with Yuvraj, he replied, “I really love him but if you want to say what our relationship is right now, yes, it’s not the same and I hope in due course it does get better because I miss him, he’s one person who has stood by me.”
He got me.I got him but more important I got him on #NoFilterNeha. Listen to @Imangadbedi 😍chat about everything from being a playa to becoming a dad (yes, he already feels like one) and more.💥🔥Now on @saavn co produced by @BigGirlPvtLtd listen here 👉 https://t.co/ruHl1K3fIb pic.twitter.com/fL0Nq3RJo9
— Neha Dhupia (@NehaDhupia) November 13, 2018
- Angad has a desire to make a documentary or a biopic on his father.
- Angad has dated around 75 women before getting married to Neha Dhupia. A few of them were even older to him. When he was 20, he dated a woman who was 10 years elder to him.
- Angad met Neha Dhupia for the first time at China House and found her very attractive.
- Interestingly, Angad’s in-laws were already convinced for Neha’s marriage with him, but it was Neha who took almost four-and-a-half year to say a yes for the marriage.
- It once happened that his girlfriend left him at a bar in New York without any mobile or wallet. At that time, he didn’t even remember the address where he was staying.
- Just like his father, Angad is also a left-hander.
- He resides at an apartment in Bandra, Mumbai.
- Angad loves dogs. He has around 10 pet dogs at his Delhi farmhouse.