Priya Prakash Varrier also spelled as Priya Prakash Warrier is a Malayalam actress who got fame after the music video of her debut film Oru Adaar Love (2018) gone viral on the Internet. She is popularly known as the Wink-girl. Check out Priya Prakash Varrier Wiki, Height, Weight, Age, Boyfriend, Family, Caste, Biography, Facts & More.
Priya is 18 years old (born on 28 October 1999) Malayali girl who was born and brought up in Punkunnam, Thrissur, Kerala, India. She started learning classical dance and classical music at a very young age. Since her childhood, she dreamt to become a famous star. Her expressions on her face in the song Manikya Malaraya Poovi of her debut Malayalam film Oru Adaar Love (2018) made her a star on the social media platforms. Within a few hours of the song released, there were more than 600k people follow her on the Instagram account. Also, there are 4.3 million people viewed this song within two days on YouTube.
She is a sweet young girl who is approximately 5’4” tall and weighs around 50 kg. She has black eyes and hair.
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
Priya belongs to an Ambalavasi (temple-personnel) non-Brahmin community. She is Hindu by religion. Her father Prakash Varrier is an employee of Central Excise department and her mother Preetha Varrier is a homemaker. She has a younger brother Prasiddh Varrier.
There was a rumoured that she is dating Hrishikesh Saji.
She is currently pursuing graduation (B.Com.) from Vimala College, Thrissur. She started her career as a model in 2017 and did several modelling assignments. She also participated in many beauty pageants.
In 2018, she appeared in the Tamil music video Nee Vaanam Naan Mazhai. In the same year, she got her first break as an actress in the Malayalam film Oru Adaar Love.
- She loves to listen to the Arijit Singh’s song Channa Mereya of Hindi film Ae Dil Hai Mushkil (2016).
- Ranveer Singh & Shah Rukh Khan are her favourite actors and Deepika Padukone is her favourite actress.
- Her favourite actors in Tamil film industry are Vijay Sethupathi and Nayanthara. She has a dream of working with Dhanish, Suriya, Vijay and Vijay Sethupathi.
- She wants to work in Bollywood film industry and also wants to work with famous director Sanjay Leela Bhansali.
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni is his all-time favourite cricketer.
- She loves to dance Mohiniyattam (Classical).
- On 14 February 2018, an FIR was registered by Hyderabad-based businessman Zaheer Ali Khan along with some other young men against the director Omar Lulu of the film Oru Adaar Love claiming that the song Manikya Malaraya Poovi in which Priya Prakash Varrier featured hurts the religious sentiments of Muslims. The director replied back, “The song written by CMA Jabbar is sung during marriages and every celebration in Malabar region of North Kerala. Malabar Muslims have been singing this song since 1978. If it was not objectionable then, how has it become objectionable now?”
- Watch her biographical video with photos from here: Priya Varrier Biographical Video