Esha Deol was born on Monday, 2 November 1981 (age 38 years; as in 2019), in Mumbai. Her zodiac sign is Scorpio. She did her schooling from Jamnabai Narsee School in Mumbai, and later, she did her Masters in Media Arts and Computer Technology from the University of Oxford, UK. IMDB
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Family & Caste
Parents & Siblings
Her father is the legendary Bollywood actor, Dharmendra, who is also an Indian politician. Her mother, the veteran Bollywood actress, Hema Malini is a politician too. Esha has one younger sister, Ahana Deol.
She is the first cousin of the actor, Abhay Deol and paternal aunt of the Bollywood actor, Karan Deol (Sunny Deol’s son).
Relationships, Wife & Children
Esha got married to Bharat Takhtani on 29 June 2012. They met each other for the first time at an inter-school competition. It was love at first sight for Bharat, and soon, they both became friends. Later, he proposed her and after dating for a few months they got engaged on 12 February 2012. The couple tied the knot on 29 June 2012 at ISKCON temple in Mumbai.
On 20 October 2017, Esha gave birth to her daughter, Radhya at Hinduja Hospital, Mumbai. On 10 June 2019, she welcomed her second daughter, Miraya Takhtani.
She started her career as an actor in the 2002 Bollywood film, ‘Koi Mere Dil Se Poochhe.’
Thereafter, she went on to act in the Bollywood films, like ‘Na Tum Jaano Na Hum’ (2002), ‘Kyaa Dil Ne Kahaa’ (2002), and ‘Kucch To Hai’ (2003), but her films failed to do well on the box-office.
In 2004, she debuted in the Tamil films with ‘Aaytha Ezhuthu’ which was remade in Bollywood as ‘Yuva’ (2004). She is the only actor to act in both films.
She appeared in the superhit Bollywood film, ‘Dhoom’ in 2004, in which she played the character of Sheena. She got immense popularity with the film’s title track, ‘Dhoom Machale.’
After the success of ‘Dhoom,’ she acted in many Bollywood films, including ‘Kaal’ (2005), ‘Dus’ (2005), ‘No Entry’ (2005), and ‘Hijack’ (2008).
In 2011, she debuted in the Kannada films with ‘Care of Footpath 2,’ in which played the role of Meera.
She appeared as a judge and gang leader in the popular Indian TV reality show, ‘MTV Roadies X2’ (2015).
In 2018, she acted in the Hindi short film, ‘Cakewalk.’ She has received many awards for this short film.
In 2006, while shooting for the film ‘Pyare Mohan’ she slapped the Bollywood actress, Amrita Rao. In an interview, Esha said,
Yes, I slapped Amrita. One day after pack-up, she abused me in front of my director, Indra Kumar and my cameraman and I thought that was totally out of line. To protect my self-respect and dignity, in the heat of the moment, I slapped her. I have no regrets because she totally deserved it for her behaviour towards me at that point in time. I just stood up for myself and my dignity.” India Today
- Actor: Sylvester Stallone
- Restaurant: Townhall Restaurant in Mumbai
- Cuisine: South Indian
- Reportedly, she used to play as a midfielder in her school’s football team, and she was selected for the Indian national women’s football team. She has also represented her college in handball at the state level.
- She is a trained Indian classical dancer and has performed on stage at various events.
- She received many best debut female awards for her film, ‘Koi Mere Dil Se Poochhe’ in 2002.
- She has got two tattoos inked on her body; one is a blazing sun with Om on her left shoulder and other is Gayatri Mantra tattooed on her right shoulder.
- She considers the legendary Bollywood actress, Jaya Bachchan as her mother.
- She is often spotted drinking alcohol in parties.
- The Bollywood actress, Chinu Gaia Gourmet is her long time best friend.
- In 2020, she debuted as an author with her book titled ‘Amma Mia!’