Taapsee Pannu is an Indian actress and model who prominently works for Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam and Hindi films. She is among the few South Indian actresses to have had 7 releases in a single year (2011). In 2018, Taapsee became a household name after she appeared in the biopic movie ‘Soorma’ of the famous International hockey player- Sandeep Singh, in which played the role as a ‘Harpreet’, along with Diljit Dosanjh. Check out Taapsee Pannu Wiki, Height, Weight, Age, Boyfriend, Husband, Caste, Family, Biography & More
Taapsee Pannu is 31 years old Indian actress person who was born on 1 August 1987 at New Delhi, India in a highly educated family. She spent her childhood at Ludhiana, Punjab, India. She also called by her nicknames like ‘Maggie’,’Glam-Doll’ and ‘Goddess of Flop Heroes’. She was a topper in studies and had an ambitious interest in pursuing mathematics for higher studies. She completed her schooling from Mata Jai Kaur Public School, Ashok Vihar, Delhi and later graduated in B.Tech in Computer Science from Guru Tegh Bahadur Institute Of Technology, New Delhi.
She was hardly interested in becoming an actress during her school days and had a very intellectual. She used to participate in anchoring and every co-curriculum activities in her school days but never inspired to become an actress.
Since her college days, she started participating in modelling competitions and after that, she professionally started doing modelling through various ads to manage her daily extra expenses.
Taapsee is a beautiful girl who has a quite normal height of 5′ 4″ inches, and she weighs around 55 kg. She looks quite fit and slim despite crossing the 30. She has dark brown eyes and black hair. She follows a strict diet plan and goes to the gym regularly for making her body fit and healthy.
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
Taapsee hails from a ‘Jatt- Sikh’ family who follows the Sikhism.
Her father name is Dilmohan Singh Pannu and mother name is Nirmaljeet Pannu. She has a younger sister Shagun Pannu whom Taapsee plans to launch her into films.
She is unmarried but has been in a relationship with the Tamil actor Mahat Raghavendra and after that, she came into a relationship with Denmark’s badminton player– Mathias Boe but due to some unknown reasons, she also broke up with him.
Taapsee started her career as a model. While preparing for MBA entrance examination, she applied for a reality show pageant ‘Get Gorgeous’ on the Channel V and soon was selected. She also participated in ‘Miss India 2008’ pageant where she won the titles- ‘Pantaloons Femina Miss Fresh Face’ and ‘Safi Femina Miss Beautiful Skin’. She worked in many print shoots and TVC ads.
She walked several times on ramp for leading brands like – Reliance Trends, Red FM 93.5, UniStyle Image, Coca-Cola, Motorola, Pantaloon, PVR Cinemas, Standard Chartered Bank, Dabur, Airtel, Tata Docomo, World Gold Council, Havells, Vardhman, etc.
For earning a more name and fame, she quit modelling in 2010 and started doing acting. She made her acting debut in 2010 from the Telugu movie ‘Jhummandi Naadam’.
After that in the same year, she debuted in the Tamil Film Industry from the movie ‘Aadukalam’ which was critically acclaimed by the audience and was also a big commercial success.
In 2011, she also worked in Malayalam movie ‘Doubles’.
In 2012, she took an entry in the Bollywood from the movie ‘Chashme Baddoor‘ and after that she worked in many Hindi movies like ‘Baby’, ‘Pink’, ‘Running Shaadi’, ‘Dil Juunglee’, ‘Nitishastra’, ‘Soorma’, ‘Judwaa 2’ and many more to release.
For the movie ‘Baby’, she wanted to do all the actions cenes herself so she took a martial arts classes for the same.
She shared a screen with Amitabh Bachchan in the film ‘Pink’. While shooting for the court scenes, she suffered from a viral infection and she decided that she would prefer her voice to be dubbed, but later, Shoojit Sircar asked Taapsee to do it herself; as it added more authenticity to the scenes.
In 2018, her role as a ‘Harpreet’ in the Bollywood movie ‘Soorma’ was critically acclaimed by the viewers. Here’s the trailer of the movie-
She won many awards and accolades for her execellent works in the movies. Some of her popular winning awards are- Santosham Film Awards, South Africa India Film And Television Awards, Edison Awards, Lux Golden Rose Awards, Jagran Film Festival, FiIms of India Online Awards, Zee Cine Awards, Hindustan Times (HT) Most Stylish Awards, GeoSpa AsiaSpa Awards, Streaming Awards and many more.
- In 2012, after the Filmfare awards in Chennai, the rumours were started that, Taapsee was the reason behind the fight between Kollywood actor Mahat Raghavendra and Tollywood actor Manchu Manoj at a party.
- In September 2018, post the release of her film ‘Manmarziyaan’ (2018), few members of the Sikh community objected to the smoking scenes in the film by the Sikh characters. As a damage control measure, the producers of the film deleted those objectionable scenes. Taapsee Pannu, who was upset with the deletion of the scenes responded to the controversy with her tweets and even a troll threatened to beat her up.
- Danish pastries, Chinese Cuisines, Parathas, Chole Puri, Kachori, Chocolates Pudding, and Papri Chaat are her favourite cuisines.
- She is a huge fan of many celebrities like- Aamir Khan, Hrithik Roshan, Suriya, Ranbir Kapoor, Prabhas, Priyanka Chopra and Priyamani.
- She likes to spend her holidays in Europe and the Maldives.
- In Bollywood she like ‘Rockstar’ and in Hollywood her all time favourite movie is ‘The Twilight Series’.
- She likes to listen to the song ‘Dhichkyaaon’ from the film ‘Chashme Baddoor’.
- Her favourite cartoon character is ‘Powerpuff Girls’.
- Taapsee loves playing squash at least half an hour every day.
- During her 2nd year in college, she gave a CAT exam for pursuing MBA and scored 88% but she did not get the admission where she wanted.
- After completing her graduation, she started working as a software engineer and developed an app- FontSwap.
- She was interested in dancing since her childhood and has learned Kathak and Bharatnatyam since the fourth standard from the famous Birju Maharaj‘s disciples for 8 years and also won several Inter College Dance Competitions.
- She has worked with many South-Indian flop heroes and as a result, she is popular with the name ‘Goddess of flop heroes’.
- She has appeared on the magazines cover page and remained the popular face of magazines like ‘Just For Women’ and ‘MaaStars’.
- Besides a successful actress, she is also a very good squash player.
- She is also an entrepreneur who is co-owner of ‘The Wedding Factory’ (an event company which organises marriages and many such events).
- She would like to go on a date with Ranbir Kapoor.
- She has a BMW car.
- She has inked a tattoo on her left leg.
- She wants to marry a guy who is not from the film industry.