Raghav Chadha is an Indian politician and chartered accountant. He is a member of the Aam Aadmi Party and is considered to be the youngest spokesperson of AAP.
Raghav Chadha was born on Friday, 11 November 1988 (age 31 years; as in 2019) in Delhi. His zodiac sign is Scorpio. He did his schooling from Raghubir Singh Junior Modern School, Humayun Road, New Delhi. He did BCom (Bachelor of Commerce) from Sri Venkateswara College of the University of Delhi. He only did his graduation for a year, and then, he opted for correspondence to pursue Chartered Accountancy, which he did from the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, Delhi. After completing his graduation, he went to the London School of Economics (LSE) to pursue a few programs.
Height (approx.): 5′ 9″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Girlfriend
Not Much is known about his family. His father’s named is Sunil Chadha.
He is considered to be one of the most eligible bachelors with women contemplating him as adorable and often send him marriage proposals. Talking about it, he says,
I am single. I don’t have time to watch a movie, you think I’ll have time for a girl? There is only one girl who understands my schedule, and that’s my mother.
He joined the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) in 2012. Soon, after joining AAP, he became a treasurer in the Party and was appointed as an advisor to the Deputy Chief Minister of Delhi, Manish Sisodia in 2016.
He was assigned to assist Sisodia in the preparation of the 2016-17 budget at an honorarium of Rs. 1 per month. In 2018, he contested from the South Delhi parliamentary constituency in the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections. He lost in the elections to the BJP’s candidate, Ramesh Bidhuri. In February 2020, he contested from the Rajinder Nagar constituency in the 2020 Delhi Assembly Elections and won against BJP’s candidate, RP Singh.
In April 2018, the then Union Minister of Home Affairs, Rajnath Singh, terminated his appointment as an advisor to Manish Sisodia. In a letter to the ministry, he addressed his appointment date to the tenure that he had served; returning the amount of Rs. 2.5 for the 75 days of his service, as an advisor. He added, ”
I accept my retrospective sacking from the post I held for 75 days two years ago.”
- Cricketer: Brian Lara
- Sport: Cricket
He owns Maruti Swift Dzire; 2009 (DL2CAK6202).
Assets and Properties
- Bank Deposits: Rs. 3.95 Lakh MyNeta
- Bonds & Shares: Rs. 4.74 Lakh
- Motor Vehicle: Rs. Rs. 1.32 Lakh (Maruti Swift Dzire 2009)
- Jewellery: Rs. 3 Lakh (75 gm Gold Jewellery)
Salary & Net Worth
As an MLA of Delhi, he is paid Rs. 2.10 Lakhs (as in 2020). His net worth is approximately Rs. 20 lakhs (as in 2020). MyNeta
- He likes listening to music, playing cricket and badminton, travelling, and reading.
- During his school days, he used to actively participate in extracurricular activities such as debates and skits.
- After completing his graduation, he worked as a CA with several MNCs including Deloitte and Grant Thornton. He was practising CA in London when the “India Against Corruption” (IAC) movement began to take its course in India.
- He is the face of the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) in all Prime Time TV shows.
- He met Arvind Kejriwal, who was planning to make a new party; at the end of the Anna Aandolan. Arvind wished Raghav to help him in the drafting of the Jan Lokpal Bill in 2012. After the end of Aandolan, he joined the Aam Aadmi Party and has been working with them since then.
- He has also worked with Ram Jethmalani during Arun Jaitley‘s defamation case against Arvind Kejriwal in 2017.
- He attended the canonization of Mother Teresa by Pope Francis at St. Peter’s Basilica in Vatican City on 4 September 2016.
- In 2018, he did a shoot for a Netflix drama titled “Rajma Chawal.”
- He is a cricket buff and enjoys playing cricket whenever he has time.
- Apart from cricket, he also enjoys playing badminton and has also been a state-level badminton player.
- In an interview, Raghav talked about his personal life and said,
I’m a CA, but in the last few years, I’ve put my personal work on autopilot. The time I have for my work, for my personal life, is almost negligible with the kind of work we’re doing. I still have a few friends who I hang out with, on and off. They’re obviously surprised to see me doing this. I’m the only person who’s joined politics after sacrificing a career. I had an offer from a multi-national corporate advisory company, running into six-seven figures, but I refused it.”
References [ + ]