Gourav Vallabh is an Indian professor and a National Spokesperson of the Indian National Congress. He was the Gold medalist during his academic years.
Gourav Vallabh was born in 1977 (age 46 years, as of 2023) in Ranchi, Jharkhand. He completed his schooling at the Rajasthan Board of Secondary Education in 1994. In 1998, he earned Gold Medal in Bachelor of Commerce from Maharshi Dayanand Saraswati University, Ajmer, Rajasthan. In 1999, he cleared the State Level Eligibility Test of the Rajasthan Public Service Commission and the National Eligibility Test of the University Grants Commission. He was a Gold Medalist in Master of Commerce at Maharshi Dayanand Saraswati University, Ajmer, Rajasthan in 2000. He did a Chartered Accountant degree at the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India in 2004. He pursued PhD in Financial Statement Analysis for Credit Decisions for Bank – Focus Accounting Standard at the University of Rajasthan in Jaipur.
Height (approx.): 5′ 9″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Gourav Vallabh’s father’s name is Shrivallabh Sharma. There is not much information about his mother and siblings.
Wife & Children
Gourav’s wife’s name is Priyanka Vallabh, an assistant professor. They have a daughter together named Aanya Vallabh.
Gourav Vallabh follows Hinduism.
House no. 259, Shiva Ji Chowk, Booty More, District Ranchi, 834009
He started his career as a professor of Accounting & Finance at Marwar College, Sojat, Rajasthan, where he taught graduate classes for one academic year in 2000. For two academic years, 2001 and 2002, he worked as a professor for MBA graduates in the Department of Accounting and Finance at Mody Institute of Management Studies, Lakshmangarh, Rajasthan. From June 2002 to November 2003, he worked as Research Officer and Faculty at the National Institute of Bank Management, Pune. He was appointed as a professor and head of the School of Finance at the Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs (Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India) Delhi. In 2009, he was a Senior Professor at Management Development Institute, Gurgaon. From November 2009 to December 2010, he was appointed as a Director at The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, New Delhi. He has been a faculty member in the Finance area at XLRI-Xavier School of Management, Jamshedpur since 2003. He is a member of the Global Association of Risk Professionals in New Jersey, United States of America. He is a life member of the Indian Accounting Association. He is also associated with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and the Institute of Company Secretaries of India.
In 2002, the Reserve Bank of India accepted the report on Strengthening MIS in Urban Co-operative Banks by Gourav Vallabh and all his recommendations were considered. In 2003, he worked on a consultancy assignment on Integrated Risk Management System and designed the structure for internal audits for Public Sector Banks like Oriental Bank of Commerce, Punjab and Sindh Bank and Indian Overseas Bank. He was associated with various banks as a consultant including Jammu and Kashmir Bank (2003) and Bank of Baroda (2003). He provided consultancy to various companies for their accounting systems like SRF Limited, SAMTEL Group, and SHATTAF Group. He was associated with companies in countries like Germany and Dubai. In 2009. he was the Advisor and Mentor to the Lootah Group in Dubai. He remained Financial Consultant at Utsch AG in Germany for two years (2011-2012).
In 2017, he joined Indian National Congress and was appointed as a media panellist by the party’s communications chief Randeep Singh Surjewala. He represented the party on television debates and held press conferences. Later, he was appointed as the National Spokesperson to represent the Indian National Congress.
In 2019, he contested Jharkhand general election from the Jamshedpur East constituency on a ticket from the Indian National Congress but he lost the elections.
Awards, Honours, Achievements
- He received Gold Medal from the M.D.S. University, Ajmer and Shri Gyan Sagar ji Maharaj Chaturmas Samity, Ajmer for securing first position in Masters of Commerce.
- In February 2013, he received the Best Research Paper Award for a research paper titled transfer pricing by Indian Accounting Association, at the 25th All India Accounting Conference and International Seminar.
- In 2004, he received the Best Young Researcher Award jointly by the Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India (ICWAI) and the Indian Accounting Association (IAA).
- On 2 November 2008, he was awarded Samaj Ratna Award for his excellence in the Educational and Social Sector by Maharishi Dadhich Sewa Trust, Kolkata.
- In 2009, he received Rajasthan Gaurav Award for his contribution to the area of Accounting and Finance in Jaipur.
He owns a Tata Hexa car.
Assets & Properties
- Cash: Rs. 30,000
- Bank Deposits: Rs. 84,93,265
- Bonds, Debentures and Shares: Rs. 5,756
- NSS, Postal Savings etc: Rs. 25,05,271
- Motor Vehicles: Rs. 18,00,000
- Jewellery: Rs. 14,00,000
- Other Assets: Rs. 65,50,892
- Residential Buildings: Rs. 2,03,00,000
- He has been a visiting faculty member of various institutes like the Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode, National Institute of Bank Management (NIBM), Pune, Central Staff Training College, Union Bank of India, Bangalore, and many more.
- He has contributed to various journal articles like Compliance Risk and Anti Money Laundering in The Chartered Accountants Today (February 2005) and Quarterly Review of Monetary Policy, SEBI and Corporate Laws (2007).
- He became famous for his debates on television; it is said that if the television show runs for an hour, he prepares for six hours for it. Hindustan Times