Rivaba Ravindrasinh Jadeja Raviba’s Facebook Id is an Indian woman who is best known for being the wife of prominent Indian cricketer Ravindra Jadeja. Rivaba Jadeja came into the limelight in November when it was announced on various media platforms that she will be contesting the Gujarat assembly elections 2022 from the Jamnagar North constituency on the ticket of BJP, which she won on 8 December 2022. NDTV
Rivaba Jadeja was born Riva Solanki on Sunday, 2 September 1990 (age 32 years; as of 2022) in Rajkot, Gujarat. Her zodiac sign is Virgo. Soon after completing her school education, she joined the Atmiya Institute of Technology and Science in Rajkot to earn a graduate degree in Mechanical Engineering.
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Weight (approx.): 50 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Figure Measurements (approx.): 34-28-34
Parents & Siblings
Her father’s name is Hardev Singh Solanki, and he is a renowned businessman in Gujarat.
Her mother’s name is Prafullaba Solanki, and she is an employee of the Indian Railways. Rivaba Jadeja has a younger brother named Shatu.
Raviba Jadeja is the niece of Congress politician Hari Singh Solanki.
Husband & Children
On 17 April 2016, she got married to Indian cricketer Ravindra Jadeja.
The couple has a daughter named Nidhyana who was born in 2017.
According to media sources, Rivaba Jadeja was in a relationship with Ravindra Jadeja before getting married to him in 2016. She met Ravindra during a party. Rivaba and Ravindra Jadeja’s sister, Naina, were good friends. Soon after their meeting at the party, they started a relationship. On 5th February 2016, they got engaged to each other at the restaurant ‘Jaddu’s Food Field,’ which is owned by Ravindra Jadeja. Later, the cricketer shared his engagement news on his Twitter account.
In 2018, she came into the limelight when she protested against the Deepika Padukone-starrer film ‘Padmaavat.’ Soon, she was designated as the chief of the women’s wing of Karni Sena, a right-wing organization of the Kashtriya community. In 2019, Rivaba Jadeja joined the Bhartiya Janta Party as a party worker in Gujarat in the presence of state Agriculture Minister R C Faldu and MP Poonam Madam.
In November 2022, it was announced that Rivaba Jadeja was set to contest the Gujarat assembly elections from the Jamnagar North constituency on the ticket of the Bhartiya Janata Party.
In 2018, Rivaba Jadeja attracted controversy when she complained against a police constable in Jamnagar city for allegedly assaulting her. However, the police constable stated in the FIR that Rivaba rammed her car into his bike outside the police headquarters in the city. He also blamed Rivaba for rash driving. Later, the police officer was arrested and granted bail. His advocate mentioned in the courtroom that the accused had been ‘wrongly arraigned.’ The Indian Express
- In 2022, when the IPL team Chennai Super Kings (CSK) won the game over Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB), Ravindra Jadeja, the skipper of the team CSK dedicated his first to his wife Rivaba. In a media conversation, he said that he wanted to dedicate the victory to his wife as it was special to him. He said,
First of all, this is the first victory as a captain ever. I would like to dedicate it to my wife and also the team because the first victory is always special. Previous four games, we couldn’t cross the line. But as a team, we came good.”
- In November 2022, soon after Rivaba Jadeja received a ticket from the Bhartiya Janata Party to contest the Jamnagar North constituency, it was in the news that she would contest against Ravindra Jadeja’s sister Naina Jadeja as Naina was all set to contest for Congress against Rivaba. In 2018, when Rivaba joined BJP, after some days, Ravindra Jadeja’s sister Naina Jadeja joined the Indian National Congress in Gujarat. Naina is a well-known contestant from Jamnagar, Gujarat, who works as the District Women’s Congress President in the constituency in 2022. The Economic Times
- In 2022, Rivaba Jadeja, along with her husband, Ravindra Jadeja, hit the headlines when opened Sukanya Samriddhi bank accounts for 101 baby girls on their daughter’s fifth birthday. Soon, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi penned a letter to Rivaba and Ravindra Jadeja and appreciated their efforts in creating awareness and helping the girl children through their charity work. OP India
- According to some media sources, before marriage, her parents gifted Rivaba an Audi Q7 World worth rupees 97 lakhs. Her father-in-law, however, in an interview, claimed that Ravindra purchased the car with his own money. He said,
Ravindra himself ordered the Audi car, and the payment was made in our name. Recently, they bought a ₹2 crore bungalow using Ravindra’s money.”
- In 2024, her father-in-law accused her of dividing the family and asking for properties in her name shortly after marrying. He also said that she was the reason he had not seen his son Ravindra and his grandchildren for five years. India Today While Ravindra called the interview scripted in a tweet, Rivaba angrily reacted to a related question in another interview. Hindustan Times