Baishali Dalmiya is an Indian Politician and businesswoman. She is a former member of the West Bengal Legislative Assembly. Currently, she operates as a whole time director at M.L. Dalmiya & Co. Ltd. and holds directorship roles at four other companies.
Baishali Dalmiya was born on Tuesday, 22 April 1969 (age 53 years; as of 2022) in Kolkata, India. MyCorporateInfo Her upbringing was done in Kolkata. Later, She went on to pursue her Bachelors in Arts from Ranchi University and passed out in 1992.
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Hair Colour: Dark Brown
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Parents & Siblings
She is the daughter of Jagmohan Dalmiya (1940-2015) and Chandralekha. Her father was a businessman and Indian cricket administrator who died on 20 September 2015 due to gastrointestinal bleeding and organ failure after surviving a heart attack. Asia Times
Husband & Children
Baishali Dalmiya is a single mother Indian Express and has a son named Aditya Dalmiya, who is pursuing Masters’s in Sports Management. InsideSport He is actively involved in social work. Campaign calling Media-YouTube
On 27 September 2001, Baishali Dalmiya joined M.L. Dalmiya & Co. Ltd. as a whole time director. Zauba Corp She joined politics as an All India Trinamool Congress member in 2016. She got the ticket to contest the Legislative Assembly election from the Bally Assembly Constituency. She won the state assembly elections and represented Bally Assembly Constituency from 2016 to 2021. On 22 January, the All India Trinamool Congress expelled her for performing anti-party activities. Outlook Just a week later, on 30 January 2021, she joined Bharatiya Janata Party in the presence of Amit Shah with four other candidates, including Rathin Chakraborty, Rajib Banerjee, Rudranil Ghosh, and Prabir Ghoshal in New Delhi.
Former TMC leaders Mr. Rajib Banerjee, Ms. Baishali Dalmiya, Mr. Prabir Ghoshal, Mr. Rathin Chakraborti and Mr. Rudranil Ghosh joined BJP today in New Delhi. I am sure their induction will further strengthen BJP’s fight for Sonar Bangla. pic.twitter.com/twXrHXWCbY
— Amit Shah (@AmitShah) January 30, 2021
However, she lost the 2021 West Bengal Assembly Election as the Bharatiya Janata Party candidate from Bally Assembly Constituency. She lost the election to Dr. Rana Chatterjee, the All India Trinamool Congress candidate.
Baishali is associated with 5 companies and works as a company director for:
- Ferrolite Products Ltd.
- Madhusudan Investment & Trading Company Pvt. Ltd.
- APD Properties Ltd.
- Bantala IT Infrastructure Ltd.
- In April 2013, she was harassed by two young men when she was driving back home in her Mercedes. Both the men were in Honda City and damaged her car as well. Baishali called the police officers who were nearby, and the police took them to the New Alipore police station. Baishali followed them and filed a complaint against the two, after which cops booked them under section 354D (for stalking a woman), 279 (harsh driving), 427 (causing damage to another vehicle), and 338 (for causing traffic-related injuries). Telegraph India
- On 13 April 2015, the Calcutta Leather Complex Tanners’ Association filed a complaint against M L Dalmiya & Co. Ltd. and its directors, including Baishali Dalmiya and her brother Avishek for misappropriating funds invested by the government in the construction of Kolkata Leather Complex which had to be done after laying down a wastewater pipeline. As per the UN guidelines, wastewater pipelines require highly durable and non-corrosive HDPE pipelines to transport toxic effluents. After filing the complaint, police went to the site for inspection, and there were no HDPE pipelines, and RCC and brick sewer pipelines were used. After this, an FIR was filed against the company and its directors. The Times of India
- In July 2019, Tafzil Ahmed, a member of the council of Howrah Municipal Corporation ward 58, commented on Baishali in an internal meeting. He commented that she took cut money as an illegal commission from the government welfare scheme beneficiaries. After this allegation, she protested against him and asked him to prove his allegation or be ready to face legal action. After this incident, she said,
- On 5 March 2021, the poll agent of All India Trinamool Congress, Tajbil Ahmed, filed a complaint against Baishali Dalmiya for hiding material facts in her election nomination form. As per Chatterjee, Baishali didn’t provide complete information and has hired three criminal cases against her in her nomination documents. He pointed out two lawsuits against her, from which two were logged under the Kolkata Leather Complex police station, and one was logged in the Hare Street Police case. The Times of India
Awards, Honours, Achievements
- On 13 January 2022, she won the Best Citizens of India award by the Best Citizens Publishing House.
- Cash amounting to Rs. 3,51,169
- Deposits in Bank and other Financial Institutions to Rs. 1,16,33,229
- Bonds amounting to Rs. 2,66,000
- NSS and postal savings amounting to Rs. 1153
- Loans and advances given amounting to Rs. 56,97,564
- Motor Vehicle amounting to Rs. 39,00,000
- Loans from Banks amounting to Rs. 49,00,000
- Baishali has a pet dog named Tiny.
- She is also a book author and wrote Baishali’s Diary, which she distributed during the 2021 West Bengal Assembly Election campaigns.