Priyanka Tibrewal is an Indian lawyer and a politician of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), hailing from the state of West Bengal.
Priyanka Tibrewal was born on Tuesday, 7 July 1981 (age 40 years; as of 2021) in Kolkata, West Bengal. Her full name is Priyanka Sharma Tibrewal. The Telegraph Her zodiac sign is Cancer. She went to Welland Gouldsmith School, Kolkata. She completed her graduation from Delhi and then pursued a law degree from Hazra Law College, University of Calcutta. Thereafter, she went to Thailand to pursue an MBA in HR from the Assumption University of Thailand and returned to her hometown after completing the three-year-course. The Telegraph
Height (approx): 5′ 8″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family & Caste
Tibrewal has two daughters. The elder daughter was born in 2011, while the younger one was born in 2014.
Priyanka Tibrewal embarked on her legal career in 2007. During the course of her career, she has represented individual, corporate, as well as state clients before various courts of law, including the Supreme Court of India and Calcutta High Court.
Priyanka Tibrewal ventured into politics by joining the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in August 2014.
She unsuccessfully contested the 2015 Kolkata Municipal Council elections from ward number 58.
In August 2020, she was chosen as a vice president of Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (West Bengal). She has been a member of the organisation since 2014.
She is serving as the national spokesperson of the BJP and is regularly seen on various national and regional news channels, where she puts out BJP’s stance on various topics.
In September 2021, she filed a nomination for the Bhabanipur bypoll to contest against West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
- As a school student, she used to write articles for The Telegraph, an Indian English daily newspaper.
- She finds solace in listening to the songs of Kishore Kumar. She says that listening to Kishore Kumar’s songs works as a stress-buster for her.
- She has got two tattoos on her left and right arm.
- Before entering politics, Priyanka used to work for a social organisation, which strives to improve educational facilities and sets up small schools across West Bengal.
- Reportedly, she forayed into politics with the help of BJP MP Babul Supriyo, a Bengali singer-turned-politician. She used to help Babul with legal bits of advice.