Priyanka Chaturvedi is an Indian Politician and National Spokesperson of the Indian National Congress. She is also an entrepreneur and blogger. Let us find out some more interesting details about Priyanka Chaturvedi’s life, her family, biography and other facts.
Priyanka Chaturvedi was born on 19 November 1979 (age 39; as in 2018) in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. She was educated in St. Joseph’s High School, Juhu, Mumbai and completed her Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.) in Accounts from Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai. She studied Entrepreneurial Studies from Indian School of Business. Priyanka was always passionate about reading. She also runs her book blog where she interviews authors, reviews books, keeps the followers updated with book event, organizes book launches and other book-related events. Apart from being a book blogger, entrepreneur, columnist, and a social worker, Chaturvedi is also a speaker for Indian National Congress Party. She was also selected for an expertise programme ISB’s (Indian School of Business) 10,000 Women Entrepreneurs programme supported by Goldman Sach’s Foundation for women entrepreneurs.
Family, Husband & Caste
Priyanka Chaturvedi was born into a Hindu Family to Chandrakanta Chaturvedi (father). Mother’s name is not known. She has one brother and three sisters. Not much is known regarding the names of her siblings.
Priyanka married Vickram Chaturvedi who works as a Channel Marketing and Program Manager at IBM India. The couple is blessed with one son, Aarnav Chaturvedi and one daughter, Anitra Chaturvedi.
After graduating, Priyanka began her career as a Director of MPower Consultants (Media, PR, and event management company). She is also a columnist contributing her opinions in various newspapers and online sites. She is also a trustee of 2 NGOs and works ahead to empower women and provide education to the underprivileged children. In 2010, Priyanka stepped into Politics and was appointed as the General Secretary of the Indian Youth Congress. Gradually, she became popular all over social media for supporting and defending the policies of Congress Party, and ultimately, she was appointed as the National Spokesperson of Indian National Congress Party. She is often seen on TV aiding for Women empowerment, child rights, education, and health. She has been listed in the top 10 Indian Women Politicians.
- In July 2018, a 36-year old person named from Gujarat threatened to rape Chaturvedi’s daughter on Twitter. She immediately took action and lodged a complaint against him. Within a few hours, the Mumbai Police tracked down and eventually arrested the man.
भगवान राम के नाम से ट्विटर हैंडल चलाकर, पहले तो मेरा गलत बयान लगाते हो, फिर मेरी बेटी के बारे में अभद्र टिप्पणी करते हो। कुछ शर्म हो तो चुल्लू भर पानी में डूब मरो वरना भगवान राम ही इसका सबक सिखाएंगे तुम जैसे नीच सोच वाले इंसान को।
cc @MumbaiPolice please take action. https://t.co/Ujs7wLia9v
— Priyanka Chaturvedi (@priyankac19) July 1, 2018
- In 2017, Priyanka was awarded as the “Inspirational Women of Maharashtra” for excellence in the field of Politics.
- She received the honour of “Iconic Women creating a better world for all” conferred by All Ladies League & Women Economic Forum.
- Priyanka loves to read books written by Indian Authors.
- She likes Red colour.
- She adores reading books such as The Palace of Illusion, Jaya, A Fine Balance and so on.
- Priyanka was a participant in “Asian Forum on Global Governance” programme organized by Observer Research Foundation and Zeit Stiftung in 2015.
- She was a part of the delegation of young political leaders who represented India in London to understand the democratic setup of the United Kingdom.
- Her hobbies include Photography and Travelling.