Omprakash Rajbhar is an Indian politician who also works as an agriculturist in Uttar Pradesh, India. In 2002, Suheldev Bharatiya Samaj Party (SBSP) was formed by Omprakash Rajbhar. In the 2017 Legislative Assembly elections, he was chosen as the Member of Legislative Assembly of the Uttar Pradesh Zahoorabad constituency on a ticket of the Bharatiya Janata Party. He is the president of the Ekta Manch alliance in Uttar Pradesh, and it works in alliance with the Suheldev Bharatiya Samaj Party.
Omprakash Rajbhar was born on Saturday, 15 September 1962 (age 59 years; as of 2021) in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India. His zodiac sign is Virgo. He did his school studies from Kendriya Vidyalaya 39 GTC Varanasi Cantt., Uttar Pradesh. In 1983, he completed his graduation at Graduation from Baldev Degree College Badagaon, Varanasi. My Neta
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Hair Colour: Salt and Pepper
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
His father’s name is Sannu Rajbhar. His brother’s name is Lakhander Rajbhar, and he is married to Rita Rajbhar who are both politicians in Uttar Pradesh.
Wife & Children
The couple has two daughters and two sons. The name of his sons’ are Arvind Rajbhar and Arun Rajbhar, and they are both politicians.
Omprakash Rajbhar began his political career in 1981 when he got inspiration from Kashiram. This encouraged him to join the Bahujan Samaj Party. He was appointed as the district magistrate of the Varanasi district of Uttar Pradesh in 1996. Later, when the Bhadohi district was named Santarvidas Nagar he raised his voice against the same and decided to quit the party in 2001. Soon after leaving the Bahujan Samaj Party, Omprakash joined Sonelal Patel’s party, Apna Dal. After one year in Apna Dal Party, in 2002, Omprakash founded his own political party in Uttar Pradesh named Suheldev Bharatiya Samaj Party (SBSP). He began disseminating the visions of his party among the local people to organise its party members and the political workers. The Wire In 2017, Omprakash Rajbhar won the Legislative Assembly Elections from the Zaahoorabad constituency, and in an alliance with the Bharatiya Janata Party, he was designated as the Cabinet Minister in the Yogi Adityanath ministry. He was granted the portfolio of Department of Disabled People development. My Neta On 20 May 2019, Omprakash Rajbhar was sacked from the Yogi Adityanath ministry for his involvement in the anti-alliance activities. BBC The president of Suheldev Bharatiya Samaj Party (SBSP), Omprakash Rajbhar, stated in a media conference before the Legislative Assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh in 2022 that his party would enter into an alliance with the Samajwadi Party soon after the poll results to form an allied government in Uttar Pradesh. The Wire
- In 2021, he attracted controversy when he gave a bitter statement in a political rally that each of the Bharatiya Janata Party leaders should be beaten with shoes ten times. This statement resulted in an FIR against him by a renowned Bharatiya Janata Party leader. The Wire
- In 2021, Omprakash Rajbhar attracted another controversy when he claimed in a conversation with a media house that if Muhammad Ali Jinnah was appointed as the first prime minister of India instead of Jawaharlal Nehru then the partition of India and Pakistan would not happen. He said,
- In November 2021, Omprakash stated in a political campaign that before entering into a political career one should recall ‘Suheldev Namah’ like the Hindus enchant the lord Ganesha before starting their new chores, otherwise, one’s political career would not flourish for a long time. He said,
- Omprakash Rajbhar attracted controversy in 2021 when he warned the local parents of his constituency, in his political rally, that if his party come into power in Uttar Pradesh then he would make a strict rule that those parents who did not send their children to school must be imprisoned. NDTV He said,
I will make such a law, under which parents who do not send school will be sent to jail.”
- Omprakash Rajbhar tweeted in July 2021 that the DNA of those Bharatiya Janata Party and the Muslims were the same who married their daughters and sisters to Muslims. Soon, he was roasted for his controversial statement by several social media users.
Assets and Liabilities
- Cash: Rs. 1,22,000
- Deposits in Banks: Rs. 6,64,131
- Motor Vehicles: Rs. 1,00,000
- Agricultural Land: Rs. 90,00,000
- Non Agricultural Land: Rs. 5,00,000
- Residential Buildings: Rs. 55,00,000
- Omprakash Rajbhar claimed in a video interview, that he gave on 13 January 2022, that he was not a Hindu. The Wire
- Omprakash Rajbhar is well known for his combat behaviour in Uttar Pradesh. Reportedly, he once demanded the suspension of the Ghazipur District Magistrate for which he held an indefinite strike. Consequently, the BJP and the Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath stood against him and the political battle continued for more than a year between the two. The Wire
- Omprakash Rajbhar often posts pictures of his political rallies on his Twitter account. More than 93k people follow him on his Twitter account, and more than 228k people follow his Facebook account.
- Various renowned news television channels often invite Omprakash Rajbhar to their political debate shows.