Amol Kolhe was born on Thursday, 18 September 1980 (age 41 years; as of 2021) in Narayangaon, Pune, Maharashtra, India. His zodiac sign is Virgo. He completed his school education at Apte School in Pune. In 2002, Amol Kolhe earned an MBBS degree at King Edward Memorial Hospital and Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College, Mumbai. The Hindu
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
His father’s name is Ramsing Bhaguji Kolhe.
His mother’s name is Ranjana.
He has an elder brother.
Wife & Children
Amol Kolhe got married to Ashvini Amol Kolhe on 6 December 2007.
Ashvini is a doctor, who is employed at KEM Hospital in Mumbai. The couple has a son named Rudra Kolhe and a daughter named Aadya Kolhe.
According to Amol Kolhe, his caste is Chhatrapati Mawla. News18 In an interview with a media reporter, Amol said that he followed Chhatrapati Mawla. He said,
Don’t ask what my caste is. My caste is ‘Chhatrapati’s Mawla’.”
Jijai Bungalow, Kolhe Mala, At. Narayangaon, Kolhe Mala, Tal. Junnar, Distt.-Pune-410504, Maharashtra.
Amol Kolhe started working in Marathi films in 2008. His first Marathi film was Mee Amruta Boltey. He was then cast in the film Rajmata Jijau in 2011. In 2014, he appeared in the movie Rama Madhav. His movie Bola Alak Niranjan was released in 2019.
In 2008, Amol Kolhe made his television debut with the serial Raja Shivchatrapati in which he portrayed Chhatrapati Shivaji. This serial was telecasted on Marathi channel Star Pravah. He again played Chhatrapati Shivaji in the show Chhatrapati Sambhaji, which was telecasted on Marathi TV in 2017. He worked in the serial Swarajyarakshak Sambhaji on Zee Marathi during the same year. In 2019, he worked in the television show Swarajya Janani Jijamata which was telecasted on the Sony Marathi.
In 2019, Amol Kolhe entered politics and contested the general elections of India on the ticket of the Nationalist Congress Party from the Shirur constituency of Maharashtra. He won the elections and defeated his opponent Shivajirao Adhalarao Patil of the Shiv Sena Party with a great margin of votes. Amol Kolhe was appointed as a member of the Standing Committee on Agriculture on 13 September 2019. He was appointed as a Member of the Committee on Papers Laid on the Table on 9 October 2019. Amol Kolhe was appointed as a Member of the Standing Committee on Health and Family Welfare Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Culture and Tourism on 13 September 2020.
In January 2022, Amol Kolhe attracted controversy when it was announced in media that he portrayed Nathuram Godse in the movie “Why I Killed Gandhi.” He was criticised in media by the NCP leader and minister Jitendra Awhad and Congress’ state unit president Nana Patole for his character in the movie. In an interview with a media reporter, Amol Kolhe said that he began working in the film in 2017, but, due to some reasons, the movie was postponed. He continued by saying that he was not involved in active politics in 2017. Hindustan Times He said,
I worked in this movie in 2017. Due to various reasons, the release was delayed. When I played this role, I was not in active politics. I never supported nor will support Godse’s ideology in my personal life. As an actor, I just perform.”
Soon, NCP Chief Sharad Pawar came forward in support of Amol Kolhe and his character in the film. Sharad Pawar stated in a conversation with a media house that Amol portrayed the role of Godse merely as an actor. He further added that playing Ravana and Aurangzeb characters in the films did not state that the actor was the follower of their ideologies. Hindustan Times He said,
We should all look at Kolhe’s role in the movie as an actor. In Richard Attenborough’s “Gandhi”, the role of Godse was played by an actor. Even in Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj’s movie, some actors played the role of Aurangzeb. They are just actors.”
- Cash: Rs. 2,95,300
- Deposits in Banks: Rs. 52,98,545
- Bonds, Debentures and Shares: Rs. 4,26,188
- LIC or other insurance Policies: Rs. 42,20,000
- Personal loans/advance: Rs. 52,15,000
- Motor Vehicles: Rs. 24,81,280
- Agricultural Land: Rs. 66,53,923
As of 2019, Amol Kolhe’s net worth was Rs. 4,18,63,405 crores. My Neta
- Working out in the gym and reading books are Amol Kolhe’s favourite pastime activities.
- Amol Kolhe was the star campaigner of the Shiv Sena party in the 2014 general elections. However, he contested the general elections of India in 2019 on a ticket of the Nationalist Congress Party in Maharashtra.
- Amol Kolhe’s daughter, Aadya Kolhe, worked in the serial Chhatrapati Sambhaji as a child artist in 2017.
- Amol Kolhe is a fitness fanatic and regularly does gymming. He often posts pictures of his workouts in the gym on social media.
- Amol Kolhe loves playing cricket and kabaddi in his free time.
- Amol Kolhe often posts his pictures and daily updates on social media. More than 784k people follow him on Instagram, and more than 380k people follow him on his Facebook page.
- Various notable Indian magazines and tabloids often feature Amol Kolhe on their front page.
- In his school days, Amol Kolhe liked to participate in various singing competitions.
- Amol Kolhe follows Raja Shivchatrapati by heart, and at his home, he has a collection of 150 swords. Two of these swords are his favourite. The Times of India
- According to Amol Kolhe, he works at least 20 to 22 hours a day. In a conversation with a media reporter, Amol Kohle stated that he did not follow a workout routine as he remained very busy with his television projects. The Times of India
- The exclusive interviews of Amol Kolhe are often featured by prominent newspapers in their articles.