Hemant Birje is an Indian actor and politician. He debuted as an actor in the Hindi film, ‘Adventures of Tarzan’ (1985).
Hemant Birje was born on Saturday, 19 August 1961 (age 59 years; as in 2020), in Belgaum, Karnataka. His zodiac sign is Leo. He did his schooling from Central Army School, Pune. Later, he attended F. Y. B. Com Vaidya College, Pune in 1982. My Neta
Height (approx.): 6′ 2″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Wife
His father’s name is Anant Birje. Hemant has one elder brother. He is married to Reshma Birje, and the couple is blessed with a daughter, Sonia Birje who is an actor and model, and a son, Bobby Birje who works at Red Chillies Entertainment.
He started his career as an actor in the popular Bollywood film, ‘Adventures of Tarzan’ (1985) in which he played the role of Tarzan.
He has appeared in various Hindi films, like ‘Tahkhana’ (1986), ‘Veerana’ (1988), ‘Commando’ (1988), ‘Kabrastan’ (1988), ‘Maar Dhaad’ (1988), ‘Sindoor Aur Bandook’ (1989), ‘Chandaal’ (1998), ‘Kaun Kare Kurbanie’ (1991), and ‘Garv: Pride and Honour’ (2005). He has also appeared in a few Malayalam and Telugu films.
In 2012, Hemant’s wife filed a complaint in a local police station against Hemant for beating and abusing her and her daughter after getting drunk.
In 2015, he was in news for illegally living in a house in Mumbai. According to reports,
Hemant lived in Castle Towers, Oshiwara. His contract with the house owner had expired and despite being requested to vacate the house repeatedly, he refused to budge. Helpless, the owner filed a case against him and the court asked police to get the place vacated.”
Senior police inspector, Subhash Khanvilkar from Oshiwara police station confirms the news and adds, “It was a civil matter.” Masala
• Cash: Rs 1,50,000
• Deposits in Banks, Financial Institutions, and Non-Banking Financial Companies: Rs 30,000
• Jewellery: Rs 2,50,000
• Agricultural Land: Rs 6,00,00,000 as in 2014 My Neta
- In 1985, B Subhash, director of the Bollywood film, ‘Adventures of Tarzan’ was looking for some A-list actor who can play the role of Tarzan in his film. He spotted Hemant who used to work as a security guard officer at that time, and B Subhash immediately decided to cast him as Tarzan.
- Probably, he was the first male actor in Hindi films who did intimate scenes in the 1980s.
- During the initial three months of his training as Tarzan for the Bollywood film, ‘Adventures of Tarzan’ (1985), he used to be very shy.
- He gained immense popularity with his debut film, but he was not able to get good films and acted in a few B-grade films.
- In most of the Bollywood films of Mithun Chakraborty, Hemant was cast, and it was said that if Mithun is cast in a film Hemant will definitely be in the same film.
- In 2014, he contested in the Lok Sabha elections from Shiv Shakti Party for Mumbai North Central constituency.
- Reportedly, he was facing financial difficulties as he was not getting any work in Bollywood.
References [ + ]