Abhimanyu Dassani is an Indian actor and assistant film director. He came into the limelight by appearing in the action-comedy, “Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota” (2018). He is the son of the popular Indian actress, Bhagyashree.
Abhimanyu Dassani was born on Wednesday, 21 February 1990 (age 30 years; as in 2020) in Mumbai. His zodiac sign is Pisces.
He did his schooling from Mumbai’s Jamnabai Narsee School and went to Mithibai college to pursue a degree in finance. After completing his graduation, Abhimanyu learnt acting from the New York Film Academy and The Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute (California).He has also done an acting course from Anupam Kher‘s acting institute. Abhimanyu started working when he was just 16 years old. He had set up many businesses before becoming an actor. Dassani opened an event management film, then he opened a scrap metal re-sale business, which was followed by bussinesses like opening a football turf, a martial arts centre, dealing in imported electronic wheelchairs from China, and importing sweetcorn from the US.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Family & Caste
Abhimanyu Dassani is the son of Himalaya Dasani (Entrepreneur) and Bhagyashree Raje Patwardhan (Actress). He has a sister, Avantika Dasani.
Abhimanyu’s maternal grandfather, Vijay Singhrao Madhavrao Patwardhan is a descendant of the Maharaja of Sangli.
Abhimanyu Dassani started his career as an assistant director in 2011. He assisted the film director Rohan Sippy in the Bollywood films, “Dum Maaro Dum” and “Nautanki Saala.” Dassani made his acting debut in 2018 with the film “Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota” in which he played the role of ‘Surya Sampat.’
In 2020, he bagged the Hindi romantic-comedy “Nikamma” and the Hindi comedy film “Aankh Micholi.”
- Filmfare Award for ‘Best Male Debut’ for the film “Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota” (2020)
- Actors: Mark Wahlberg, Leonardo DiCaprio, Christian Bale, Amitabh Bachchan, Denzel Washington
- Films: A Wednesday (2008), I loved Remember the Titans (2000), The Departed (2006)
- Colour: Ivory
- Sport: Football
- His hobbies include travelling, playing football, and watching films.
- He is a fitness enthusiast and visits the gym regularly.
- He loves riding the bikes.
- He is often spotted drinking alcohol on various occasions.
- He is an avid dog lover and keeps sharing his pictures with dogs on his social media accounts.
- For his debut film, “Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota,” Abhimanyu got trained in martial arts for around six months. He used to practise everyday for around 4-5 hours.
- Dassani revealed in an interview that he himself did all the stunts in the film “Mard Ko Dard nahi Hota” and did not use any body-doubles.
- While talking about Abhimanyu during an interview, his “Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota” co-star, Radhika Madan said,
Abhimanyu does not behave like a star kid at all. When I was introduced to him, he just told me about his studies abroad and I used to joke with him saying, ‘Film courses karne se koi actor nahi banta hai’. One day, for a story session, I went to his home and I saw a photograph of him with Bhagyashreeji. I freaked out and asked him if he is her fan. That’s when he told me that she is his mother. I was embarrassed and stopped bullying him. Also, he is very patient and hard-working.”