Vedhika Pooja Kumar or Vedhika Kumar is a talented South Indian film actress. She has worked in many films of different languages and is famous for role as Angamma in the Tamil film ‘Paradesi’ (2013). Check out Vedhika wiki, age, height, weight, family, biography, facts & more.
Born on 21 February 1988, Pooja is a 30 years old girl from Solapur, Maharashtra. Her nickname is Ved. She completed her Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Business Administration and then, Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Marketing from the Cardiff University, Cardiff, Wales in the United Kingdom.
She had always been fascinated by the glamorous world of Bollywood. Hence, she decided to learn the acting skills in the ‘Kishore Namit Kapoor Acting Institute’ in Mumbai. As she always loved dancing, so in order to polish her dancing skills, she joined the ‘Shiamak Davar’s School of Performing Arts’ in Mumbai. After finishing her acting as well as dancing courses, she was fully prepared to enter into the Indian film industry.
After coming into the Indian cinema, she acted in various movies such as ‘Madrasi‘ (2010), ‘Muni‘ (2010), ‘Sakkarakatti’ (2011), ‘Sangama‘ (2011), ‘Malai Malai‘ (2011), ‘Baanam‘ (2011), ‘Daggaraga Dooramga‘ (2011), ‘Paradesi‘ (2013), ‘Sringaravelan‘ (2013), ‘Kaaviya Thalaivan‘ (2014), ‘Cousins‘ (2014), ‘Shivalinga‘(2018), ‘Home Minister‘ (2018) and others.
Due to her brilliant acting performance, Vedhika won several awards like ‘D Edison Award‘ for Best Extreme Performance- Female, ‘Techofes Award‘, ‘Screen Moon Award’ for Best Actress for the Tamil film ‘Paradesi‘ in 2014, ‘Edison Award‘ for Best Extreme Performance- Female for the Tamil film ‘Kaaviya Thalaivan‘ (2014), ‘Norway Tamil Film Festival Award‘ for the Best Actress for the film ‘Kaaviya Thalaivan‘ (2014), and ‘Asiavision Award‘- Performer of the year for the Malayalam film ‘James & Alice‘ (2016).
With her brown eyes, black hair and 5′ 5″ height she looks amazing on the big screen. She attracts the attention of her viewers with her perfect body measurement 33-24-34.
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
Vedhika belongs to a middle-class Kannada family in Maharashtra. There is not much information about her parents’ name and siblings. She is still unmarried and has no boyfriend yet.
After completing her graduation, Ved decided to start her career from modelling. Gradually, she entered into the film industry and made her debut with the Tamil film ‘Madrasi’ in 2006. Her initial movies in other languages are ‘Vijayadasami‘ (Telugu) in 2007, ‘Sangama‘ (Kannada) in 2008 and ‘Sringaravelan‘ (Malayalam) in 2013.
Then, she signed many films and established an exceptional position as an actress in Indian Cinema. Vedhika earned a lot of fame with her remarkable acting performance in the National Award winning Tamil film ‘Paradesi’ in 2013.
- Her hobbies are dancing, playing badminton and basketball.
- Vedhika loves to watch the movies ‘Chandramukhi‘ (Tamil), ‘Mughal-E-Azam‘ (Hindi), ‘Black‘ (Hindi), ‘Dumb and Dumber‘ (English).
- Her favourite music director is A.R. Rahman.
- She can speak Kannada, Tamil, Telegu, Marathi, Hindi, and English languages fluently.
- According to Ved, her role of ‘Satyabhama’ or ‘Satya’ in the Kannada film ‘Shivalinga’ (2016) was one of the most challenging roles of her career.
- In her debut Malayalam film ‘Sringaravelan’ in 2013, during a shoot, she was acting as struggling in water with the support of a concrete wall. But accidentally, the wall collapsed, and she actually was about to drown in the water; when an assistant from the unit dived into the water and saved her timely.
- She is a devotee of Lord Krishna.
- Vedhika is a practical and very humble person in real life.
- Her favourite author is Paulo Coelho.
- She enjoys travelling Japan and Europe.
- She likes to eat Biryani, Rice, Tomato Gojju or Rasam, Dim Sum, and Chinese Cuisines.
- Ved loves animals.