Adah Sharma is an Indian actor, who mainly appears in Hindi and Telugu films. In 2023, her performance in the Hindi film ‘The Kerala Story’ was appreciated by the critics and the audience.
Adah Sharma originally spelt as Adah Sarma The Times of India was born on Monday, 11 May 1992 (age 31 years; as of 2023) in Mumbai, Maharashtra. Her zodiac sign is Taurus.
She studied upto class 10 at Auxilium Convent High School Wadala, Mumbai. YouTube – Bollywood Hungama She did Kathak visharad at the Natraj Gopi Krishna Kathak Dance Academy, Mumbai. She did her training under her guru Gopi Krishan (Lucknow and Jaipur Gharanas). The Hans India
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Figure Measurements (approx.): 34-28-34
She belongs to a Palakkad Iyer family. The Times of India
Parents & Siblings
Her father, Captain SL Sharma (deceased in 2014), was a captain in the Indian Merchant Navy. Her mother, Sheila Sharma, is an Indian classical dancer and mallakhamba yoga practitioner. She does not have any siblings.
While she was shooting for one of her Hindi films with the Indian actor Vidyut Jammwal, their dating rumours started. Bollywood Shaadis Later, Vidyut uploaded a photo with Adah and in the caption, he wrote about his relationship with her. He wrote,
Just friends “Not at all ..we are courageous, kind, intuitive, focused, grateful, open-minded, unassuming, considerate, sharing, Educated, happy, calm, quiet and BEST FRIENDS..I wish upon you someone like us @adah_sharma.” Take a look!”
Reportedly, she was also dating an Indian businessman named Summit Bahri.
Adah Sharma follows Hinduism. The Times of India
She belongs to a Tamil Brahmin family. The Times of India
In 2008, she made her Bollywood debut with the film ‘1920’ in which she played the role of Lisa Singh Rathod. She was also nominated by Filmfare for Best Female Debut for the film.
She has appeared in various Hindi films like ‘Hasee Toh Phasee’ (2014), ‘Commando 2’ (2017), ‘Commando 3’ (2019), and ‘The Kerala Story.’
In 2014, she made her Telugu debut with the film ‘Heart Attack’ as Hayati.
Some of her other Telugu films are ‘S/O Satyamurthy’ (2015), ‘Subramanyam for Sale’ (2015), and ‘Kalki’ (2019).
In 2015, she made her Kannada film debut with ‘Rana Vikrama’ in which she played the role of Paaru.
Adah has also acted in a few Tamil films such as ‘Idhu Namma Aalu’ (2016) and ‘Charlie Chaplin 2’ (2019).
In 2014, she made her TV debut with the Hindi serial ‘Pukaar: Call For The Hero’ in which she played the role of Aarti.
She made her web series debut with the Hindi web series ‘The Holiday’ (2019) as Mehek. The series was streamed on MX Player.
She has appeared in a few other Hindi web series such as ‘Pati Patni Aur Panga’ (2020; MX Player), and ‘Aisa Waisa Pyaar’ (2021; Amazon Prime Video).
She made her Telugu web series debut with ‘Meet Cute’ (2022) as Shalini. The series was streamed on Sony LIV.
Adah has acted in many Hindi short films like ‘Tindey’ (2019), ‘Moh’ (2019), ‘Soulsathi’ (2020), ‘Which Side Are You?’ (2022), and ‘Kofuku’ (2023).
She has also featured in a few music videos such as “Life” by Akhil (2017; Punjabi), “Tu Yaad Aya” by Adnan Sami (2020; Hindi), “Aashiq Mud Na Jaawe” by Akhil (2021; Punjabi), and “Piya Re Piya” by Yasser Desai (2022; Hindi).
Adah has walked the ramp in various fashion shows.
She has been featured in TV commercials for various brands like Nescafé Coffee, Limca, Sting, and Nokia 5233.
In 2020, she started her self-titled YouTube channel on which she uploads vlogs and fun videos with her family and friends.
She has around 245k subscribers on her channel.
Criticised For Spreading the Rumours
In 2023, she shared the trailer of her Hindi film ‘The Kerala Story’ on her Twitter account with the caption #True Story. Soon, the netizens started trolling her for misleading the public by promoting the film as a true story that too without any supporting proof. The Quint
- 2009: Special Award for Exciting New Face for the Hindi film 1920
- 2015: Best Debut Award by Santosham Awards for the Telugu film Heart Attack
- 2015: Best Debut Award by SIIMA for the Telugu film Heart Attack
- Audi A6
- BMW X5
- Audi A4C
According to the sources, she charged around Rs 1 crore for the Hindi film ‘The Kerala Story’ (2023).
- Actor(s): Johnny Depp, Eddie Redmayne, Ranveer Singh, Hrithik Roshan
- Actress(es): Madhuri Dixit, Madhubala, Vyjayanthimala, Kate Winslet, Amy Adams
- Film: King Kong (2005)
- Music Composer: Ludwig van Beethoven
- Quote: There’s nothing you can’t do if you put your mind to it
- Cuisine: South Indian
- Food: Idli, Dosa, Sambar, Rasam, Avial, Mologutal, Pizza
- Kardashian Sister: Kendall Jenner
- Celebrity Couple: Amitabh Bachchan–Jaya Bachchan
- Word: Mad or What
- Super Hero: Deadpool
- At the age of 3, she started practising gymnastics. In childhood, she thought of pursuing various jobs like working in a circus, painting hoardings, and farming.
- In an interview, she shared that at the age of 3, she used to recite the Bhagavad Gita. The Times of India
- In childhood, she started learning various dance forms like jazz, ballet, and kathak. Later, she learnt salsa for four months in the US. She is also trained in belly dance form.
View this post on Instagram
- When she was in class 10, the Indian actress Asha Parekh was invited as a chief guest for the school’s annual day. On the annual day, Adah performed Kathak, and after her performance, Asha’a manager told Adah that one day she would appear in a dance-related film. She then realised that she could make her career in films.
- Sharma can speak various languages like Telugu, Hindi, English, and Marathi.
- In an interview, Adah shared that during the initial phase of his career, she was rejected in various auditions for her looks, especially her thick eyebrows and curly hair. For her Hindi film ‘Hasee Toh Phasee’ (2014), she auditioned around 7-8 times. She said,
Yes, during the initial phase of my career, I was told that ‘you don’t look good’ and I took it to my heart. Gradually l realised that if they want to reject they will reject me irrespective of however I look. But if I am fit for a role, and have a flaw, they will rake you for a project.”
- She regularly practices yoga to maintain her fitness.
- In her leisure time, she enjoys watching movies, writing poems, mimicking people, and playing piano.
- In 2022, she posted a dance video with a British guard on her Instagram for which she was trolled by the netizens. The netizens trolled her for making fun of a Royal Guard in London. Some netizens commented “worst tourist behaviour” on her video. Hindustan Times Later, while giving clarification on the video, Adah uploaded a post on her Instagram and wrote the caption,
The tourism campaign team asked me to sing a song.. i chose to sing in Hindi . This video was shot pre-covid times. P.S. The British ruled our land for almost 200 years. They were large hearted enough to allow an Indian girl to sing a Hindi song on their soil (with permissions taken) But it makes me proud to see my own countrymens large-heartedness to stand up so solidly for the British. It shows how seriously we Indians follow Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam.”
- She has been featured on the cover of various magazines like The Lifestyle, FHM Fit, She, Femina, and Fit Look.
- She has been one of the ambassadors of PETA for a few years.
- Sharma is an avid animal lover and often shares her pictures with animals on her Instagram account.
- Adah is often spotted carrying her pillow cat Radha Sharma with her at various events.