Ganesh Bellamkonda is an Indian actor and producer who predominantly works in the Telugu entertainment industry. In October 2022, He came into the limelight after appearing in the Telugu film Swathi Muthyam in which he played the lead role of Bala Murali Krishna.
Ganesh Babu Bellamkonda was born on 14 September in Guntur, Andhra Pradesh, India. His zodiac sign is Libra. He was fascinated by acting since childhood.
In 2016, Ganesh relocated to Mumbai to pursue a career in acting and joined a drama school in Mumbai. Later, he moved to Los Angeles to pursue a course in acting at the New York Film Academy, Los Angeles, California. In an interview, he talked about this and said,
I wanted to be an actor since childhood. I took it seriously in 2016 and pursued an acting course in Mumbai in 2017. Later on, I went to the US to learn the nuances of acting and started listening to movie stories from 2019. Swathimuthyam happened in 2022. Cinema Rangam
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Ganesh Bellamkonda belongs to a Telugu family in Andhra Pradesh.
Parents & Siblings
Bellamkonda’s father, Bellamkonda Suresh, is a renowned film producer in the Tamil entertainment industry. Ganesh Bellamkonda’s mother, Bellamkonda Padma, is a homemaker. Ganesh’s elder brother, Bellamkonda Sreenivas, is an actor in the Tamil entertainment industry.
Bellamkonda Ganesh is unmarried.
As an actor
In 2022, Bellamkonda Ganesh made his acting debut with the Telugu film Swathi Muthyam in which he played the lead role of Bali Murali Krishna. In an interview, Bellamkonda Ganesh talked about the film and said that Swathi Muthyam’s director, Lakshman K Krishna, was his mutual friend. Further, he spoke about the Telugu film and explained,
Swathi Muthyam’ has got something new. We made this film with the conviction that it will click with the audience. This film is a situational comedy. You will leave the audience with a smile on your face. There is no vulgarity anywhere. Right from the start, nowhere is the film embarrassing. It’s a clean family entertainer. It’s great to act alongside the likes of Rao Ramesh garu and VK Naresh garu in my very first film. It was a very good experience. Acting is about how the other one reacts to our performance. Acting with talented artists improved my timing.”
As a producer
In 2010, Ganesh started working as a producer with his father’s production house ‘Sri Sai Ganesh Productions.’ In the same year, he made his debut production with the Telugu film Sambo Siva Sambho. Subsequently, he appeared in various Telugu films like Bus Stop Lovers Adda (2012), Tadakha (2013), Rabhasa (2014), and Alludu Seenu (2014).
- Actor: Daggubati Venkatesh
- Film Genre: Romance
- According to Bellamkonda, although his father owned a renowned film production house, he wanted to start his acting career with another production company. In an interview, he talked about this and said,
I always wanted to get launched in another banner. And I got a wonderful opportunity to be launched in Sithara. They are making a lot of family entertainers. I also knew Vamshi since a long time. Cinema Rangam
- Before venturing into movie production, Ganesh Bellamkonda’s father, Bellamkonda Suresh, worked as an assistant cameraman. In an interview, Bellamkonda talked about the hardship his family had faced and said that his family used to live in a rented flat. He quoted,
My mother brought me up as a grounded person. My father, Bellamkonda Suresh, was not born rich. He made money through sheer hard work. Till my Standard VI, we used to live in a small rented house. My father started producing movies with passion. If he starts making movies again, I will be the first one to feel happy.”
- In 2018, Bellamkonda Ganesh worked as an actor with Universal Studios, an American film production and distribution company owned by Comcast.
- According to Ganesh Bellamkonda, he was acquainted with the entertainment industry since his teenage days and used to work for his father’s production house. In an interview, while talking about this, Ganesh Bellamkonda said,
Movie sets are not new to me. I also oversee production in our banner. I liked the environment of shoots and movies are my first love. So grabbed the acting opportunity. Only thing that was new to me was facing a camera. I was into acting classes and I know how to act in a midshot and closeup and how to show different variations in acting. So the shoot has been a pleasant experience for me.” Cimema Rangam
- In an interview, Bellamkonda Ganesh said that working with the Tamil director S. S. Rajamouli was his dream. Cinema Rangam
- According to sources, the storyline of Ganesh’s debut film, Swathi Muthyam (2022), was similar to the Hindi film Vicky Donor (2012); however, in an interview, Ganesh denied the rumours and said,
Both are not related. Maybe the sperm donation can be common, but everything is new. It’s just there for 10 mins and rest is a different story. So, please don’t draw any parallels.”
- Ganesh is an avid dog lover and has a pet dog named Dino. Ganesh often posts pictures on social media with Dino.
- Ganesh is fond of cooking. He often shares his love for cooking on social media.
- He follows a non-vegetarian diet.