Ashika Ranganath is an Indian actress, who mainly works in Kannada films. She gained immense popularity for playing the roles of Nandini in the Kannada film ‘Crazy Boy’ (2016) and Mayuri in the Kannada film ‘Raambo 2’ (2018).
Ashika Ranganath was born on Monday, 5 August 1996 (age 26 years; as of 2022) in Hassan, Karnataka. Her zodiac sign is Leo.
She did her schooling at Bishop Sargant School & PU College, Tumkur, Karnataka. Later, she attended Jyoti Nivas Pre-University College, Bengaluru, Karnataka. While she was studying at Jyoti Nivas Pre-University College, she emerged as the runner-up in the Clean and Clear Fresh Face Bangalore contest.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Hair Colour: Black (brown highlights)
Eye Colour: Black
Figure Measurements (approx.): 34-28-34
Parents & Siblings
Her father’s name is Ranganath, and her mother’s name is Sudha Ranganath. Her elder sister, Anusha Ranganath, is an actress.
The Indian actor Mahesh Babu spotted her in the Clean and Clear Fresh Face Bangalore contest and offered her the role of Nandini in the Kannada film ‘Crazy Boy’ (2016).
She then appeared in various Kannada films like ‘Mugulu Nage’ (2017), ‘Thayige Thakka Maga’ (2018), ‘Kotigobba 3’ (2021), ‘James’ (2022), and ‘Raymo’ (2022).
In 2022, she made her Tamil film debut with ‘Pattathu Arasan’ in which she played the role of Pavitra.
She made her Telugu film debut in 2023 with the film ‘Amigos.’ She played the role of Ishika in the film.
She has appeared in a few TV commercials for brands like Gery Biscuit and Fairplay.
Drunk Video Went Viral
In 2023, a video of her went viral on social media in which she was seen consuming alcohol and showing her middle finger. As soon as the video went viral, netizens started posting negative comments on her video. However, some sources said that the video was made in fun, while others claimed that the video was a promotional video for one of her films. Nadnudi
Later, the director of one of her films clarified the rumours and shared an apology video for Ashika and said,
Ashika is not a person who will behave in the way it is shown in the video. This was an intense scene from our film, which has been taken out of context. She is so upset with the viral video that she is now refusing to promote the film. Making the video public was a mistake by our marketing team. Someone has decided to use this sequence, which was part of the shooting. If you pay attention, there are shooting props in the background. Having said that, I take complete onus for this mistake. It should not have happened. This should not become a personal attack on Ashika. Right now, people are believing that this was a drunken tantrum by the actress because her acting was quite realistic. On behalf of the entire team, I extend a heartfelt apology to Ashika.”
- 2017: Nominated by SIIMA (Kannada) for Best Debut Actress for the Kannada film Crazy Boy
- 2019: Nominated by SIIMA (Kannada) for Best Actress in a Leading Role for the Kannada film Raambo 2
- 2022: Won SIIMA (Kannada) for Best Actress in a Leading Role for the Kannada film Madhagaja
- 2022: Karnataka Women Achievers Award
- She is trained in various dance forms like freestyle and belly dance.
- Ashika is an avid animal lover and has shared various pictures with animals on her Instagram account.
- To maintain her fitness, she follows a strict workout regimen.
- In 2023, she was featured on the cover of Tulip magazine.
- Ashika follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- In her leisure time, she loves to go on trips with her family and friends.