Monal Gajjar is an Indian actress and has worked in Gujarati, Telugu, Hindi, and Marathi films. In 2020, she participated in the popular TV reality show, ‘Bigg Boss Telugu 4.’
M Monal Gajjar was born on Monday, 13 May 1991 (age 29 years; as in 2020), in Ahmedabad. Her zodiac sign is Taurus. She did her schooling Shree Saraswati Mandir High School, Gujarat and did her graduation in commerce from Gujarat University. Times of India
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Girlfriend
She was born in a Gujarati family in Ahmedabad. Wikipedia Her father had died, and she lives with her mother. Her mother’s name is Gita Gajjar, and her younger sister’s name is Hemali Gajjar.
After completing her graduation, she joined ING Vysya Bank in Ahmedabad. One of her Yoga teachers advised her to participate in ‘Mirchi Queen Bee,’ a beauty pageant contest organised by Radio Mirchi in 2011, she participated in it and won the contest. Later, she won the Miss Gujarat title and went on to participate in Femina Miss India in which she was selected among the finalists. In 2010, she played the character of Jharna in the popular Hindi TV serial, ‘Adaalat’ (2010). In 2012, she debuted as an actor in the Telugu film, ‘Sudigadu’ for which she was nominated for the SIIMA Award as Best Female Debutant. She went on to act in various Telugu films, including ‘Vennela 1 ½ (2012), ‘Oka College Story’ (2013), ‘Brother of Bommali’ (2014), and ‘Devdasi’ (2017).
She has appeared in Hindi films like ‘Mai’ (2012) and ‘Kaagaz’ (2019). Monal has also acted in the Malayalam, Tamil, and Marathi films, including ‘Dracula 2012’ (2013, Malayalam), ‘Sigaram Thodu’ (2014, Tamil), ‘Vanavarayan Vallavarayan’ (2014, Tamil), and ‘Man Udhaan Vara’ (2019, Marathi). Some of her Gujarati films are ‘I Wish’ (2016), ‘Thai Jashe!’ (2016), ‘Aav Taru Kari Nakhu’ (2017), ‘Family Circus’ (2018), and ‘2020’ (2020).
- In 2011, Monal sent her pictures for the Mirchi Queen Bee contest in 2011. In an interview, she said,
I clearly stated in my letter that I would not be able to attend the auditions on account of my 9-to-5 job. Those days I did not know how to use make-up and went for the event in a simple salwar kameez.
- She made a special appearance in the legendary Indian singer, Asha Bhosle‘s film, ‘Mai’ in 2012.
- She signed five films in both Tamil and Telugu language; way before her first film was released in 2012.
- She acted in the Tamil film, ‘Sigaram Thodu’ in 2014 for which she received appreciation from public as well as critics. As per IndiaGlitz.com review,
Monal looking clean and sweet in looks and acting wise”
Behindwoods.com reviewed her performance and said,
The tall Monal Gajjar looks totally gorgeous with sparkling eyes, and has all that it takes to be the next big glam sensation in Tamil Nadu.”
- It would be interesting to know that her first two Tamil films, ‘Vanavarayan Vallavarayan’ and ‘Sigaram Thodu’ released on the same day; i.e. 12 September 2014.
- She has won the National Award for the Gujarati film, ‘Reva’ in 2018, in which she played the role of Supriya.
- Her hobbies include cycling and travelling.
- She is a animal lover and owns a pet dog, Mickey.
- Her friends and family calls her Monu.
- In an interview, she shared her fitness regime, she said,
For me I’ve taken the ‘An apple a day keeps the doctor away’ saying quite literally. I love gorging in apples! I usually eat as healthy as possible. But I do include as many apples as I can as that’s one fruit that I quite literally love to gorge on. Apart from that healthy fresh fruit and vegetable juices is something that’s always with me. A combination of walking, jogging, skipping and squats comprises of my daily workout routine.”
- She loves to eat homemade khichdi, pizza, and palak paneer.
- While she was returning from her birthday party with her family and friends, she met with a major accident on the way back to Ahmedabad in 2018.
- While talking to a co-contestant, Surya Kiran in the Bigg Boss Telugu 4 in 2020, she said,
My first salary was Rs. 4000/- and my mother asked to save Rs. 1000/- in it. My father passed when I was just 15. I promised dad that I would give my mother and family the best life.”
References [ + ]