Avantika Mishra is an Indian model and actor who has mainly worked in Telugu and Tamil films. In 2019, she acted in the Telugu film ‘Meeku Maathrame Cheptha’ produced by the famous Indian actor Vijay Devarakonda.
Avantika Mishra was born on Sunday, 30 May 1993 (age 28 years; as of 2021) in New Delhi. Her zodiac sign is Gemini. She studied at the Air Force Golden Jubilee Institute, Delhi, and Kendriya Vidyalaya Hebbal, Bangalore.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Brown
Body Measurements: 34-25-34
Her father, Mukesh Mishra, works in the Indian Air Force. Her mother’s name is Savita Mishra. She has a younger brother, Agnivesh Mishra.
She started her career as a model and worked in various modelling assignments for almost six months at the beginning of her career. She worked as a model for renowned brands like Puma, Vivaaha Silk, and Femina.
She also worked with the renowned Indian actors like Kamal Hassan for a saree brand Pothys and Mahesh Babu for the advertisement of Chennai Silks. She then met the Indian director Neelakanta and within ten minutes of her meeting, she was selected for a role in the Telugu film ‘Maaya’ (2014) in which she played the role of Meghana. She has acted in various Telugu films such as ‘Meeku Meere Maaku Meme’ (2016), ‘Meeku Maathrame Cheptha’ (2019), and ‘Bheeshma’ (2020).
In 2021, she made her Tamil debut in the film ‘Nenjamellam Kadhal.’ As of 2021, she is filming for an untitled Tamil film.
- Actor(s): Amitabh Bachchan, Vikram
- Film(s): The Hours (2002), Tamasha (2015)
- While she was in school and college, she played badminton at state-level competitions.
- Avantika has been trained in Kathak dance form.
- In an interview, she was asked how she started her career as a model? She said,
I was a nerd but was also into athletics. I was more like a Tomboy and modelling wasn’t really my thing. My friends told me that I am tall enough to try my hand in films. I started modelling during my second year of college. I did ramp modelling and pursued it as part-time. I wanted to earn from my young age and did modelling as a short-term plan. Initially, when I had gone to meet him, he thought I was too modern for the role. But suddenly my production designer put a big ‘bindi’ on my forehead and he felt he found his character.”
- During an interview, she talked about her parents’ reaction on starting her career as an actor. She said,
Initially, my parents were not happy with my decision. I never planned to do films because when I started modelling, I wanted to participate in beauty pageants. When films happened, it was like a cultural shock for my parents. They were more scared about my safety in the industry. But once I started working, I met good people and they were satisfied and relaxed.”
- Mishra regularly practices Yoga to maintain her fitness.
- She is an avid animal lover and owns a pet dog.
- She loves water sports, and talking about water sports, in an interview, she said,
Been a water baby since I was a little girl! If not an actor, I think I’d be a diver( or trying to be one). This is from one of my many diving trips and being the happiest underwater. It’s humbling. And Scuba diving is sensual in a way, y’know?”
- She is often spotted drinking alcohol at parties and events.
- She loves reading, travelling, playing squash, gardening, meditating, and horse riding.
View this post on Instagram