A. M. Ravi Krishna is an Indian actor who primarily works in the Tamil and Telugu film industries. He shot to fame by playing the role of ‘Kadir’ in the Tamil film “7G Rainbow Colony.” He is the son of the film producer A. M. Rathnam.
Ravi Krishna was born on Wednesday, 2 March 1983 (age 36 years; as in 2019) in Nellore, Andhra Pradesh. His zodiac sign is Pisces. He did his schooling from Chennai and went to London to pursue a degree in Multimedia. Thereafter, he did a diploma in Interactive Communication from Penta Media. Ravi, then, started his career in multimedia with non-linear film editing at Sam Media. When Ravi visited India for the Easter, he was roped in to play the lead in the Tamil Film “7G Rainbow Colony.” Before starting to shoot for the film, he took a months training from London’s King’s College.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Weight (approx.): 75 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Wife
Ravi Krishna belongs to a Hindu Family. His father, A. M. Rathnam is an Indian film producer. Not much is known about his mother. He has an elder brother, Jyothi Krishna, who is an actor and director in the Tamil film industry.
- Marital Status: Married
Ravi Krishna started his acting career in 2004 with the Tamil film “7G Rainbow Colony.” The film was a mega-hit and earned Ravi a Filmfare for ‘Best Male Debut’ (South) for his performance. Subsequently, he appeared in its Telugu version “7G Brindavan Colony.” The films were shot simultaneously with the backdrop being changed as Hyderabad instead of Chennai in the latter.
Following that, he appeared in films like “Sukran,” “Ponniyin Selvan,” and “Kedi” but failed to recreate the magic. All his films received poor reviews and did not do good business at the box office. In a career spanning more than a decade, Ravi has starred in just 9 films so far and the last one being “Aaranya Kaandam” in 2011.
In 2018, he participated in the dance reality show “Dance Jodi Dance” along with Chitra Rai.
He has also featured in TV serials like “Bavamaradallu,” “Sundarakanda,” and “That is Mahalakshmi.”
In 2019, Ravi participated in the reality show “Big Boss Telugu 3.”
- Actors: Ajith Kumar, Rajinikanth
- Actress: Angelina Jolie
- Sport: Cricket
- Colour: Light Blue
- Film: Life Is Beautiful (1997)
- Film Directors: Robert Zemeciks, Sridhar
- Co-Star: Sonia Agarwal
- Cars: Ford Mustang, Mini Cooper
- Bike: Yamaha RD350
- Ravi likes to read novels and play video games in his leisure time.
- Ravi never thought of becoming an actor until he was roped in to play the lead in 7G Rainbow Colony.
- The actors, Madhavan and Siddarth, were the first choices for the film “7 G Brindavan Colony,” but they rejected the offer due to their busy schedules. It was then, that the director, Selva Raghava, asked Ravi to do the film.
- He considers his father as his inspiration.
- His school friends used to call him Amul baby.
- Ravi Krishna revealed in an interview that if not an actor, he would have been an animator or a graphic designer.