Akhil Sarthak is an Indian actor and television anchor. He mainly works in the Telugu film industry. He is best known for playing the role of ‘Karthik’ in the Telugu TV series, “Kalyani” (2019). In 2020, he appeared as a contestant in the game reality show, “Bigg Boss Telugu 4.”
Akhil Sarthak was born on Friday, 17 November 1995 (age 25 years; as in 2020) in Hyderabad. His zodiac sign is Scorpio. He was not so good at studies in his school and college days. Akhil was inclined towards music from a very young age, and he always wanted to become an actor.
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Family & Caste
Parents & Siblings
Not much is known about his parents and siblings.
Akhil Sarthak started his acting career in 2014 by playing a negative role in the Telugu film, “Bava Maradalu.” The film got released in 2016. Next, he made his television debut with the TV serial, “Mutyala Muggu” (2017). Subsequently, he appeared in the TV series, “Evare Nuvvu Mohini.” Akhil played a negative lead in the show and earned recognition.
In 2019, Akhil appeared in the TV serials, “Matti Gajulu” and “Kalyani.”
In addition to films and TV serials, he has also featured in many print and TV advertisements.
He has also worked as an anchor in many TV shows.
In 2020, Sarthak entered the house of “Bigg Boss Telugu 4” as a contestant.
- Food: Fettuccine Alfredo, Chicken White Sauce Pasta
- Chocolate: Snickers
- Book: “A Work in Progress” by Connor Franta
- Colour: Black
- His hobbies include singing and travelling.
- Sarthak has got two tattoos inked on his body. One of his tattoos reads ‘Tandav,’ which is placed on his left forearm. The other tattoo rests on the center of his chest.
- Akhil is a fitness enthusiast and visits the gym daily.
- He is an ardent follower of Lord Ganesha.
- Akhil loves dogs and has a pet dog, Benzee.
- Initially his parents were against his decision of becoming an actor. However, later, they agreed to support him on the condition that he would have to survive without luxuries until he becomes an actor. During his learning stage, Akhil used to get money, which was sufficient only to buy two tickets to travel between his home and acting workshop.
- At the beginning of his career, Akhil appeared in hundreds of auditions and got rejected. He was badly criticised for his lean body, looks, and trails.
- Akhil revealed during an interview that he had suffered a break-up in 2018 after which, he went into depression. It took him around a year to get over the situation.
- In 2018, Akhil became the second runner-up of Hyderabad Times Most Desirable Men on TV.