Naveen D. Padil is an Indian actor and theatre artist, who primarily appears in Tulu films and theatrical productions. He is best known for playing comic roles in Tulu drama plays and films. In 2015, he gained recognition for playing the role of Kotiyappa and Gundu Mava in the Kannada television comedy show Majaa Talkies on Colors Kannada.
Navin Padil Daijiworld, was born on Tuesday, 11 November 1969 (age 53 years; as of 2022) in Padil, Mangalore, Karnataka, India. His zodiac sign is Scorpio. Naveen completed his schooling at Karmar school in Padil. Daijiworld Naveen hailed from a poor family, and her mother used to work as a domestic helper. After completing his schooling, Naveen started working as a mason and as a supplier in a hotel to meet the daily expenses of the household. Additionally, he drove an auto-rickshaw at night for one and a half years to financially assist his family.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Hair Colour: Salt & Pepper (Semi bald)
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
There is not much information about his parents or siblings.
Wife & Children
There is not much information about his wife. Naveen’s son’s name is Sudhanshu Rai.
During his school days, Naveen got selected in a youth drama centre as a child artist, which was run by a dramatist, Mohiudin Abbas. He performed with several Tulu drama clubs like Kala Sangama, Lakumi, and Chaparka. Naveen participated and performed diligently in various plays and theatrical productions like “Dever Dee Leka Apundu,” “Nikulu Matherla Ulleratha,” “Yaanori Baroliya,” “Ardha Nidre,” “Initha Avaste,” “Onji Nimisha,” “Telikeda Barsolu,” “Oriyardori Asal,” and “Orion Toonda Oriyagapuji.”
In 1993, Naveen made his Malayalam debut with the film Vidheyan.
In 2008, he made his Tulu debut with the film Birse.
In 2011, Naveen made his Kannada debut with the film Jarasandha.
Later, he appeared in a few Tulu films Aamait Asal Eemait Kusal (2012) as Raju, Chaali Polilu (2014) as Damu, Ekka Saka (2015) as Gopal, and Super Marmaye (2015) as Hari. In 2016, his performance was appreciated in the Tulu film Kudla Cafe in which he played the role of Bhaskar.
Naveen received positive acclaim for her performance in the Kannada film Kantara (2022) in which he played the role of a lawyer.
In 2022, he played the lead role of Taniyappa in the Tulu film Jeetige. The film won the Best Feature Film in the Tulu Cinema category at the National Film Awards 2022.
In 2015, Naveen made his television debut with the Kannada television comedy show Majaa Talkies in which he played the role of Kotiyappa and Gundu Mava on Colors Kannada.
- 2014: Best Actor in a Comic Role for the Tulu film Oriyardori Asal at the Red FM Tulu Film Awards
- 2014: 24th Sandesha Awards in the Arts category for his contribution to the theatre
- 2015: Best Actor in a Comic Role for the Tulu Film Telikeda Bolli at the Tulu Cinemotsava Awards
- 2015: Best Actor (Public Voting) for the Tulu film Chaali Polilu at the Tulu Cinemotsava Awards
- 2016: Best Supporting Actor for the Tulu film Kudla Cafe at the Karnataka State Film Awards
- 2016: Best Supporting Actor for the Tulu film Panoda Bodcha at the Muktha Tulu Film Awards
- 2018: Rotary Vandana Award for his contribution to the field of entertainment
- 2018: Versatile Actor Award at the Red FM Tulu Film Awards
- 2022: Rising Star Award at the Chittara Star Awards
- In February 2016, Naveen promoted his film Red Kudla Cafe at the Red FM Mangalore studio in Mangalore, Karnataka.
- In October 2016, Naveen performed a Tulu comedy play, Adimel, at the Tulu Parba event, organized by the Tulu Koota Kuwait organisation at the American International School, Maidan Hawally, Kuwait. Later, he was felicitated by the organization’s members for his contribution to the Tulu film industry.
- In May 2017, Naveen was invited as a chief guest to attend a conference organized by the United Kannada Organization in Melbourne and Sydney, Australia.
- In November 2017, Naveen was appointed as the Swachhata Rayabahari (cleanliness ambassador) for Mangalore by the Mangalore City Corporation. The Times of India
- The Tulu film Dabak Daba Aisa in which Naveen played the role of Jeevan Jeeth, a bus conductor, was shot in 22 days with only two cameras. Deccan Herald
- In 2021, Naveen was featured in the print advertisement for the brand Prime Masala.
- In November 2022, while shooting for a film in Madanthyar, Karnataka, Naveen fell and fractured his femur bone in the thigh. He was immediately rushed to the hospital and was recommended a three-month bed rest.