Shalini Pandey is an Indian film actress. She made her debut with the Telugu film “Arjun Reddy” (2017), opposite Vijay Deverakonda.
Shalini was born on Thursday, 23 September 1993 (age 26 years; as in 2019), in Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh. Her zodiac sign is Virgo. She completed her schooling from Christ Church Girls Higher Secondary School, Jabalpur. Later, she completed her B.Tech. in CSE from Global Engineering College, Jabalpur. Facebook
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
She was born into a middle-class family. Her father is a government employee in Madhya Pradesh. Her mother is a trained Carnatic singer. She has a younger sister, Pooja Pandey.
She started her career as an actor in the blockbuster Telugu film ‘Arjun Reddy’ in 2017. Her performance in the film was appreciated by both the critics and the audience. She has appeared in Sony TV’s serials like ‘Man Mein Hai Visshwas’ and ‘Crime Patrol.’
She has acted in many other Telugu films including ‘Mahanati’ (2018), ‘118’ (2019), and ‘Iddari Lokam Okate’ (2020). In 2018, she made her Tamil debut with the film ‘Nadigayar Thilagam’ and went on to act in other Tamil films like Gorilla (2019) and 100% Kadhal (2019).
Awards & Honours
Zee Golden Awards
2017: Best Debut Actress for Arjun Reddy (2017)
2018: Best Find of the Year for Arjun Reddy (2017)
Film: A Clockwork Orange (1971)
- She has got a tattoo inked on her ankle.
- She acted in theatre plays while she was pursuing her graduation.
- Her father was against her acting career and wanted her to work in a firm. In an interview, she said,
It was then that I told him to let me go to Mumbai and try my luck for a week. It was a struggle to allow him to let me go. He did so only after he bought my return ticket! However, once I landed there, he kept calling me often, asking me to return. I was already frustrated with the film not having begun, and other things not seeming to work out. I snapped. I knew he was capable of coming to take me back to pursue a career he thought was safer and right for me. He replied to my mail saying he’d go to the police in a bid to find me. I told him that I’d do the same and tell them he’s torturing me! I was a grown-up.”
- Shalini dubbed for the movie Arjun Reddy even though she was not well-versed in speaking the Telugu language.
- In 2018, Shalini lent her voice for the song ‘Naa Pranamay.’
- Shalini’s debut film ‘Arjun Reddy’ got its remake in Hindi as ‘Kabir Singh’ (2019) in which her character ‘Preethi’ was played by Kiara Advani. Arjun Reddy’s Tamil remake was released in 2019 with the name ‘Adithya Varma’ and actress, Banita Sandhu played the lead role in the movie.
- Actress Ritika Singh is one of her best friends. On Shalini’s birthday, Ritika posted on her social media account,
We plan trips and adventures passionately, and we have still not been on a vacay together! And this video makes me LMAO! The second one especially. Now Idk where to start, but I love you Shalini. you are one of the most honest, transparent, genuine and real people I know! And also a fab actor on top of it all. Knowing you have been amazing, coz Tum Heera ho.”