Pradeep Kottayam was an Indian actor who predominantly worked in Malayalam and Tamil films. He is also famous for playing comedy roles.
Pradeep Kottayam was born on Friday, 25 March 1960 (age 61 years; at the age of death) in Kumaranalloor, Kottayam, Kerala. He attended the Govt Higher Secondary School, Karapuzha. He studied at Baselius College, Kottayam and Kottayam Co Operative College, Kottayam.
Height (approx.): 5′ 3″
Hair Colour: Semi-bald
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Pradeep’s father’s name was Raghavan, and his mother’s name was Padma.
Wife & Children
Pradeep’s wife’s name was Maya, and he has two children, a son, Vishnu Siva Pradeep, and a son, Vrinda Pradeep.
Pradeep debuted in 2001 with the Malayalam film ‘Ee Naadu Innale Vare.’
He featured in other Malayalam films that include Kalyanaraman (2002), Rajamanikyam (2005), Naku Penta Naku Taka (2014), Namasthe Bali (2015), and Adi Kapyare Kootamani (2015).
He has worked in Tamil films like Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa (2010), Raja Rani (2013), Nanbenda (2015), Theri (2016), and Konjam Konjam (2017).
He featured in the Hindi film Ekk Deewana Tha (2012).
In 2016, Pradeep won the Best Supporting actor at the 2nd Asianet Comedy Awards.
- Pradeep used to actively take part in cultural events during his school and college days.
- He started his career as a child artist in class 10 and worked in a Malayalam play ‘Eswaran arrestil.’
- He was a government employee in 1989 at the Life Insurance Corporation of India. He did not leave acting in drama even when he was working in LIC. He retired from LIC in 2021.
- He used to play roles with less screen timing, and he worked as a junior artist when he started his career in 2001 at the age of 40.
- He was offered a role by a producer in a serial in which his son was working. He was offered the role when he went on the set of a TV serial with his son.
- He is often featured in various newspapers.