Rajeev Pillai is an Indian actor, model, cricketer, and dentist, who majorly works in the Malayalam film industry. From 2012 to 2017, he represented Kerala Strikers, one of the cricket teams of the Celebrity Cricket League.
Rajeev Govinda Pillai The Quint aka Dr Rajeev Pillai YouTube – Media Village Television was born on Thursday, 18 February 1982 (age 41 years; as of 2023) in Village Nannoor, Thiruvalla Taluk, Pathanamthitta District, Kerala. His zodiac sign is Aquarius. He did his schooling at National High School, Kerala. He then studied at NSS Hindu College, Changanacherry, Kerala. Later, he pursued a Bachelor of Dental Surgery at KVG Dental College & Hospital, Sullia, Karnataka. He then moved to London in the UK to pursue his post-graduation in hospital management at University College London. However, he dropped out of college within two weeks and returned to India. KVG Dental College and Hospital’s Official Website The Hindu Later, he pursued a course in acting and theatre.
Height (approx.): 6′ 2″
Weight (approx.): 70 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Hazel Green
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest 42″, Waist 30″, Biceps 17″
Parents & Siblings
His father was an engineer, who worked in Muscat. His mother, Ratnam, worked as a Sanskrit teacher. His elder brother, Manoj Govinda Pillai, is an engineer and works as a Project manager at Archgroup Consultants, UAE.
In the entertainment industry, he started his career as a model. His first modelling project was for the Indian fashion designer Chaitanya Rao. He then walked the ramp for many ace fashion designers Digvijay Singh, Varun Bahl, Arjun Khanna, and Karan Johar. He has worked as a model in many popular fashion shows like Lakmé Fashion Week, Couture Week, and Kochi Fashion Week.
After completing BDS, he shifted from India to London in the UK, and there he played for the Malayali cricket league. After returning to India from the UK, he joined the Britannia Roger Binny Cricket Academy, Bangalore to master the skills. Since 2012, Rajeev, a right-hand batsman, has been playing cricket for Kerala Strikers, which is one of the cricket teams of the Celebrity Cricket League (CCL).
In 2010, he made his acting debut with the Malayalam film ‘Anwar’ in which he played the role of a terrorist.
Some of his other Malayalam films are ‘City of God’ (2011), ‘Kaashh’ (2012), ‘D Company’ (2013), ‘Oru Muthassi Gadha’ (2016), ‘Who’ (2018), and ‘Sumesh and Ramesh’ (2021).
In 2012, he made his Hindi film debut with the film ‘Kamaal Dhamaal Malamaal’ in which he played the role of Gogo.
He has acted in various other Hindi films like ‘Guru Dakshina’ (2015), ‘Shakeela’ (2020), ‘Bruno’ (2021), and ‘Satyameva Jayate 2’ (2021).
Rajeev made his Tamil film debut with ‘Thalaivaa’ (2013) as Raju.
He then appeared in a few Tamil films like ‘Aambala’ (2015), ‘Aviyal’ (2016), ‘7 Naatkal’ (2017), and ‘Coffee with Kadhal’ (2022).
In 2022, he was roped in two Telugu films ‘Amigos’ and ‘Hidimbha.’
Rajeev has also appeared in a few short films like ‘Yellow Pen’ (2014; Malayalam), ‘Athidi’ (2019; Malayalam), and ‘Bruno’ (2021; Hindi).
- Fashion Designer: Rocky S
- Cricketer: Sachin Tendulkar
- Footballer: Lionel Andrés Messi
- Travelling Destination: Scotland
- Since childhood, he wanted to become a cricketer. However, his parents wanted him to focus on his studies.
- While he was studying in college, other educational institutions used to rope him to play for their cricket teams on fake college IDs.
- Before starting his career as a model, he worked as a dentist at a clinic in Cochin.
- From 2012 to 2016, he was featured in the “Kochi Most Desirable” list published by The Times of India. The Times of India
- In 2016, he received Special Jury Award from Asiavision Movie Awards for the Malayalam film Oru Muthassi Gadha.
- He is an avid animal lover and often posts pictures with dogs on his Instagram account.
- Rajeev is a fitness freak and regularly follows a workout regimen which includes practising jiujitsu, capoeira, karate, boxing, and CrossFit under his trainer Midhun Jith.
- During the matches of the Celebrity Cricket League, he got an opportunity to interact with senior South Indian actors including Mohanlal, who was his teammate. During one of the matches, Mohanlal shared with his fellow cricketers that there was a surprise for the best performer in their match against Mumbai which Pillai won after scoring 75 runs from 63 balls. The surprise was a role in the Hindi film directed by the Indian film director Priyadarshan which was offered to Pillai.
- He has been featured on the cover of various magazines like FWD Life and Fast Track.
- He was one of the South Indian actors who helped the rescue team during the Kerala floods in 2018.
- In his leisure time, he loves to watch cricket on the television. Apart from playing cricket, he also enjoys playing badminton and football.
- Rajeev shares a good bond with the former Indian cricketer S. Sreesanth. Once, some media sources claimed that Sreesanth was Rajeev’s cousin. However, in an interview, Rajeev clarified that they were not cousins but good friends. Rajeev was even accused of being involved in a 2013 spot-fixing racket along with Sreesanth. However, he denied such rumours. The Hindu