Pradeep Machiraju is an Indian actor and TV presenter. He is known for his celebrity talk show series ‘Konchem Touchlo Unte Chepta (KTUC).’
Pradeep Machiraju was born on Monday, 24 October 1983 (age 39 years; as of 2022), in Amalapuram, East Godavari, Andhra Pradesh and grew up in Hyderabad. He received a bachelor’s degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from the Vignan Institute of Technology and Science, Hyderabad.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Weight (approx.): 65 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
He belongs to a Hindu family.
Parents & Siblings
His father’s name is Panduranga Machiraju, he died in May 2021 due to the coronavirus. His mother’s name is Bhavana Machiraju. He has two sisters.
He is unmarried.
In 2010, Pradeep Machiraju made his television debut as an anchor with the reality TV show “Gadasari Atta Sogasari Kodalu,” which aired on Zee Telugu. It was a game show in which different types of games were played among the mothers-in-law and daughters-in-law from different regions. More than 2000 women participated in the show.
In September 2014, he produced and hosted the celebrity talk show ‘Konchem Touchlo Unte Chepta (KTUC)’ in which he invited various celebrities as guests, and the first guest on his show was Kajal Aggarwal.
He has hosted more than 13 reality shows among which the most notable Telugu language TV shows include ‘Big Celebrity Challenge’ on Zee Telugu, ‘Express Raja’ on ETV Plus, ‘Dhee’ (Season 9-14) on ETV, ‘Drama Juniors’ on ETV, and ‘Ladies And Gentlemen’ on Zee Telugu.
In 2010, Pradeep Machiraju debuted in the film industry with the Telugu language film ‘Varudu’ in which he played the role of Abhiram. In 2021, played the lead role in the Telugu film ’30 Rojullo Preminchadam Ela.’
Some more Telugu films in which he appeared in a supporting role include ‘100% Love’ (2011), ‘Julayi’ (2012), ‘Attarintiki Daredi’ (2013), and ‘Bham Bolenath’ (2015).
Alleged for making a controversial comment
In 2021, Pradeep Machiraju was criticised after he made a controversial remark on the capital of Andhra Pradesh Amaravati, in one of his shows after which he was alleged for offending the sentiments of the people of Andhra Pradesh and Andhra Pradesh Parirakshana Samithi. In an interview, Srinivasa Rao, the Amaravati JAC leader, said that Pradeep Machiraju should take back his remarks and apologize for making such remarks. The actor later, shared a video on social media, apologizing for his remarks, and saying that his comment was misinterpreted and he had no intentions of hurting people’s sentiments. Telugu Bulletin
In 2020, a young woman filed a case against Machiraju and some other 138 men for sexually assaulting and raping her in 2014. The actor denied the allegations and said that in 2014 he was busy with his chat show ‘Koncham Touch lo Unte Chepta.’ He called these types of false allegations ‘mental rape’ and asked for justice. The Times of India However, in an interview at Somajiguda press club in Hydrabad, the victim later confessed to making false allegations about the actor and apologize for the same, she said,
Alleged for violating CBFC rules
Reportedly, Sriramoju Sunisith claimed that Pradeep Machiraju was not eligible to work in the films. Sunisith filed a complaint against Machiraju in February 2020, alleging that Machiraju has violated the CBFC rules and was also arrested in the case of molesting a woman; therefore, he should be allowed to work in the film industry.
Booked for drunk driving
In 2018, Pradeep Machiraju was booked for drunk driving. On 1 January 2018, he was inspected by the police on Road No 45, Banjara Hills when he was returning from a new year party. The actor’s vehicle was promptly seized after he failed to pass the breath analyser test.
Award & Achievements
- In 2014, Pradeep Machiraju won the Nandi Award for Best Anchor.
- In 2017, he received an award for the ‘Most popular male Anchor’ for his show Konchem Touchlo Unte Chepta (KTUC).
- Pradeep Machiraju was titled the ‘Most Desirable Man on Television’ by Hyderabad Times twice in 2017 and 2020.
He brought a BMW car in 2016.
- Pradeep Machiraju began his career as an RJ at Radio Mirchi. In an interview, he revealed that after completing his graduation he started working with an event management company through which he met a radio channel and got a job as an RJ, which further led him to work on screen. In the interview, he said,
“I worked with an event management company for which I had to meet a radio channel during one of the event. That was when they asked me to give an audition for the role of RJ for which I qualified. After that, I was well known for the voice I have. Further, I decided it’s time to come on screen to show people the person behind the voice.” The Times of India
- In an interview, he revealed that he considers the actors Pawan Kalyan and Mahesh Babu as his role models.
- He has a huge fan following on social media with 2 million followers on Facebook, 1.3 million on Twitter, and 1.5 million on Instagram.
- Pradeep Machiraju did a reality TV show ‘Pelli Choopulu’ (2018) on the channel Star Maa through which he bid to find his life partner.
- His family and friends often call him Deepu or Kanna.
- Pradeep Machiraju loves to play cricket. He has been the captain of the ‘Cricket Association of Telugu Television’ for the artists’ team. In an interview, he revealed how he used to play cricket in his school and college days by missing his classes.