Kajal Aggarwal is a popular Indian actress who mostly works in Telugu and Tamil films. She also does stage shows in India. Let’s check out Kajal Aggarwal’s age, her personal life, career details, and other interesting facts.
Kajal Aggarwal was born on 19 June 1985 (33 years old; age as in 2018) in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. She is a well-known actress in Indian film industry who worked in numerous hit films like Magadheera (2009), Darling (2010), Brindavanam (2010), etc. Besides being an actress, she is a trained dancer and also has a great voice. She has endorsed numerous popular brands and products like Lux, Samsung Mobile, Panasonic, Green Trends, etc.
Kajal Aggarwal is approximately 5′ 5” tall and weighs 55 kg. She has dark brown eyes and black hair.
She is a fitness enthusiast and visits the gym regularly.
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
Kajal Aggarwal belongs to a middle-class Punjabi Vaishya (Bania) family. She was born to entrepreneur, Vinay Aggarwal, and a confectioner, Suman Aggarwal. She has a younger sister Nisha Aggarwal, who is also a South Indian actress. Kajal Aggarwal traces her roots back to Amritsar, Punjab, India.
According to some reports, she was dating “Bahubali” fame actor, Prabhas.
Kajal Aggarwal completed her schooling from St. Anne’s High School, Mumbai and pre-university course (10+2) from Jai Hind College, Mumbai. She did her graduation in Mass Media with specialization in Advertising & Marketing from Kishinchand Chellaram College, Mumbai. She got her first break while was an intern with Loreal under Smira Bakshi in her final year of the college. During one of the shoots, the photographer suggested her to model. Her photographs were distributed and she got her first South Indian film alongside Nana Patekar.
Initially, she wanted to pursue MBA from INSEAD, Paris.
She made her acting debut in 2004 with the Bollywood film “Kyun! Ho Gaya Na…” in which she played a supporting role. After that film, she got the chance to play the lead opposite actor Kalyan Ram in Telugu film “Lakshmi Kalyanam” (2007) directed by popular director Teja. Unfortunately, the film did not go well. She then got the lead in Krishna Vamsi’s Telugu film “Chandamama” (2007) which did well at the box office and gave her lots of fame.
Apart from working in the South Indian cinema, she did a couple of Bollywood movies as well, like “Kyun Ho Gaya Na… (2004),” “Singham (2011),” and “Special 26 (2013).”
In 2016, she made her singing debut with the song Yenaithu of Kannada film “Chakravyuha (2016).”
- Once FHM magazine published a topless photo of Kajal Aggarwal. However, the actress said that it was an altered picture of her.
- She won the Youth Icon of South Indian Cinema in 2013 at South Indian International Movie Awards.
- Kajal Aggarwal has also received The Gorgeous Belle of the year in 2016 at Edison Awards, the Fashion Icon of the year, the Most Popular Female celebrity on Social Media, the Femina Penn Shakti Award 2013, and the Femina Power List South 2016.
- In 2010, she won the CineMAA Award for Best Actress (Telugu) for the film “Brindaavanam.”
Salary & Net Worth
Kajal Aggarwal charges ₹ 1-1.5 Crore/film. Her net worth is estimated to be ₹ 66 crores. She has four luxury cars worth ₹ 3 crores and two houses worth ₹ 7 crores.
- Kajal Aggarwal likes to eat Hyderabadi Biryani.
- Junior NTR and Vijay are her favourite actors and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan is her favourite actress.
- Kajal likes to watch Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge.
- She admires the directors, Puri Jagannadh, S. S. Rajamouli, and Teja.
- White, red, and blue are her favourite colours.
- Kajal Aggarwal likes to read The Shiva Trilogy by Amish Tripathi and The Bridges of Madison County by Robert James Walle.
- She likes to holiday in Goa and Kerala.
- She takes a lot of interest in dancing, reading, and yoga.
- In the South Indian film industry, she is known as Miss Congeniality because of her friendly nature.
- She suffers from Cynophobia (fear of dogs).
- In 2017, she launched her own app Kajal Aggarwal Official App to connect with fans.
- She supports PETA’s initiative to Ban Animal Circuses to stop the torture faced by animals in circuses.
- She is a good friend of actress Tamannaah Bhatia and actor Ram Charan.
- Kajal Aggarwal was so much impressed with Smira Bakshi, Business Unit Head Lancome & Kiehl’s and Loreal, and she revealed that she aspired to be her.
- Her father is her role-model. In an interview, Kajal Aggarwal revealed that her father, despite being an authoritative and conservative person, was the one who convinced her to pursue her career in films.
- Kajal Aggarwal is closest to her mother. She is often accompanied by her mother whenever she has to shoot abroad.