Regina Cassandra is an Indian actress and model who mainly works in Tamil and Telugu films. She rose to fame with her debut film Kanda Naal Mudhal Latha (2005), where she played the role of “Latha.”
Regina Cassandra was born on 13 December 1990 (age 33 years; as of 2023) in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
She was born into a multicultural family; as her father hails from North India, whereas, her mother hails from Karnataka. Moreover, her grandmother is a Goan Anglo-Indian, and her grandfather is an Iyyengar who converted to Christianity. Regina was fond of acting since her childhood and initially worked as a child artist for a show on DD Channel. As a kid, she was quite hyperactive.
She used to attend acting classes in her vacations, received training in Bharatnatyam, and used to study on the sets of her TV shows.
Height: 5′ 6″
Weight: 55 kg
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Black
Figure Measurements: 32-26-34
Family & Boyfriend
Regina was born into a middle-class Christian family.
She had her first crush on a Karate master’s son when she was around 11 years old. She even joined Karate classes for him. But, this relationship couldn’t continue for a long time; as he moved to New Zealand.
According to reports, she had dated Sundeep Kishan and Sai Dharam Tej. There were even speculations that Regina and Sai may tie the knot.
In 2016, she surprised her fans with an Instagram post along with her alleged longtime friend, Vikram Aditya Menon, with a caption “Guys need ur blessings on this auspicious day. sorry it had to be like this.. I wish I could tell u who the guy is.. but that shall be revealed soon. I can’t wait for U guys to see him!!! didn’t think I’d be this ecstatic to get hitched.” However, the post was removed after a while.
Regina always wanted to be an entertainer. When she was just 9 years old, she hosted a show on Splash TV. And, by the time she reached the age of 14, she took a leave for 2 weeks to act in a film, which proved to be a big flop at the box-office. At the age of 15, she grabbed the pivotal role of a 21-year old pregnant girl “Latha” in V. Priya’s Tamil romantic comedy film Kanda Naal Mudhal (2005), which proved to be a blockbuster.
She made her Telugu debut with Tatineni Satya’s romantic comedy film Shiva Manasulo Shruti (2012), for which she won the SIIMA Award for Best Female Debut Actress.
Amidst her films, she managed to do a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from Women’s Christian College in Chennai. In 2019, she made her Bollywood debut with Vidhu Vinod Chopra’s romantic comedy-drama, Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga, starring Anil Kapoor, Juhi Chawla, Sonam Kapoor and Rajkummar Rao.
She charges close to one and a half crore for a film.
- In 2016, she had a wardrobe malfunction while performing at the Aankhen 2 event. After the embarrassing incident, she said, “I definitely didn’t want my debut to unfold in this way. It was a terrible mishap. I got off the stage with an ‘Oh my God! What just happened!’ The entire team was extremely supportive and I told myself, ‘It’s okay’, and have moved on.”
- In July 2018, her name surfaced in a U. S. Sex Racket. Soon after, she cleared the air and said, “I am not involved in Tollywood Sex racket which was busted recently in Chicago. It is not correct to speak about anyone without knowing the truth. When I know that these are false allegations, why will I react to them? If we react unnecessarily, we can fall in trouble. The media should be very careful about reporting such type of news.”
- Food: Ferrero Rocher’s Chocolates, Cheese
- Beverage: Coffee
- Actors: Ajith Kumar, Suriya
- Actresses: Samantha Ruth Prabhu, Radhika Apte
- Author: Paulo Coelho
- Football Club: Manchester United F.C.
- Earlier, she was a non-vegetarian, but after reading a heartwarming article by PETA, she became a vegetarian.
- According to her, if she wasn’t an actress, she would have been a psychologist.
- She is an avid cat lover and has 2 pet cats, one of which is blind.
- She likes reading romantic novels.
- She is good friends with her fellow actress Rakul Preet Singh.
- She enjoys skydiving.