Arav is an Indian actor and model, who predominantly works in the Telugu film industry. He is known for his acting in several films including Saithan (2016), Market Raja MBBS (2019), and Kalaga Thalaivan (2022).
Arav was born Nafeez Kizar on Monday, 31 October 1988 (age 34 years; as of 2022) in Nagarkovil, Tamil Nadu. His zodiac sign is Scorpio. Arav’s parents moved to Trichy when Arav was very young. He did his schooling at Kamala Niketan Montessori School in Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu. He graduated with a Bachelor of Technology degree in Mechanical Engineering from Hindustan University in Chennai.
Height (approx.): 5′ 9″
Weight (approx.): 75 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Hazel
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest: 40 inches, Waist: 28 inches, Biceps: 13 inches
He belongs to a Muslim family in Tamil Nadu.
Parents & Siblings
His father, Dr K. Nilamudeen, was a professor at Government Law College in Tiruchirapalli, Tamil Nadu. K. Nilamudeen was diagnosed with the 4th stage of Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) in 2020 and passed away on 20 December 2020. Arav has a brother and a sister.
Wife & Children
On 6 September 2020, he got married to Raahei N., who is an actress. On 24 November 2021, the couple welcomed a baby boy. Instagram – Arav
Arav reportedly had an intimacy with his co-star Oviya during his time on Bigg Boss Tamil Season 1 in 2017. Although both of them stated in interviews that they were simply friends, it was reported that Oviya left the show in the middle because Arav did not pay attention to her. Arav acknowledged in front of everyone that he kissed her after she left to calm her down. India Today
After Arav completed his education, he appeared for the Civil Service Exams; however, he couldn’t clear them.
There was a time when I couldn’t make head or tail of what to do with my life, and I decided to give the Civil Services Exam a shot. I burned the midnight oil for almost two years with the dream of becoming an IPS officer.”
Later, he worked at Daimler India Commercial Vehicles following which he worked at Apollo Tyres.
While he was a student in college, he was into theatre and modelling. According to Arav, his talent was first recognized by V. S. Anandhakrishna, a celebrity photographer who introduced him to the modelling world. Arav met him through Facebook and within a week of this photo shoot, Arav was approached by a garment company based in Germany. Later, Arav appeared in more than 300 TV commercials and print ads for several brands.
Initially, Arav appeared in several films including O Kadhal Kanmani (2015) directed by Mani Ratnam. In this film, he played the role of Dulquer Salmaan’s colleague. He hit the spotlight with the film Saithan (2016) in which he played the role of Nataraj. In 2017, he played the lead role of an officer in a horror film titled Meendum Vaa Arugil Vaa. In 2017, Arav appeared as a contestant and won the Tamil-language reality TV show Bigg Boss (Tamil season 1), which aired on Star Vijay. In 2022, he appeared as the antagonist named Arjun in the action thriller film Kalaga Thalaivan.
He played the titular role in the film Market Raja MBBS (2019).
In 2015, he appeared in a short film titled Oru Cup Coffee.
- On winning the reality show Bigg Boss (Tamil season 1), Arav received a cash prize of Rs. 50 lacs and a winning trophy.
- In 2017, he won Vijay TV’s Face of the Channel award.
H owns a BMW.
He owns a 2022 Ducati SuperSport 953.
- Food: Sambhar, Dosa
- Actor(s): Rajinikanth, Akshay Kumar
- Actress: Shruti Haasan
- Director: Sanjay Thirumeni
- Colour(s): Grey, Blue
- Travel place(s): Goa, Kerala
- When he was young, he earned a black belt in martial arts.
- In one of his interviews, Arav described how one day he got a call from Vijay Antony’s office asking him to meet them for a project. Arav was chosen for the role of Arjun in the film Saithan (2016) by Vijay’s team since they were seeking someone with a good physique. Arav was selected at the auditions despite the fact that the part did not require dialogues, and he garnered positive reviews following the film’s release.
One day, I got a call from Vijay Antony sir’s office to meet them for Saithan. They had seen my pictures on my Facebook page and felt that I would suit the role of Natraj, who had grey shades. They wanted someone Still from Saithan with a good physique and face, and I got selected after an audition. It was challenging because I had no dialogues and had to perform with just my facial expres- sions. is the proof of my work.”
- In an interview, Arav said that he and Indian actress Bindu Madhavi are close friends.
- His hobbies include travelling and driving.
- According to Arav, he has a quiet nature unlike some of the characters he has played in films.
- Arav has a keen interest in interior designing. In 2019, his home was featured by JFW Just for Women in their magazine and YouTube channel. YouTube – JFW Just for Women
- Arav’s favourite spot at his home is his balcony and he likes drinking black coffee there while spending time in nature.
- He is the first actor in his family.
- After hearing about Sujith Wilson, a two-year-old boy who died in 2019 after slipping into an unattended deep borewell in Trichy, Arav decided not to have his birthday celebration, and he encouraged his followers to do the same. He took it onto his social media profiles and said,
As we mourn the death of the baby Sujith, I decide not to celebrate my birthday this your request the Eins too, to follow the same Prayers to the family #RIPSujith Wilson.”
Arav mentioned in an interview how he was hurt by people’s trolling and also the referring to this as his “publicity stunt.” Arav said that he felt bad when he saw the birthday-related wishes sent by his admirers while he was heartbroken by Sujith’s passing.
Sujith’s death shook me and a lot of other people in our state. I was sitting with my family and watching the news almost all day. When I heard that he had died, I was completely shocked as I believed he would make it. But on social media, I had already noticed people creating special posts for my birthday that fell a couple of days after his death. That didn’t feel right when I saw them as I saw Sujith as family. I felt shameful about celebrating my birthday. What is wrong in telling that?”
- In an interview, Arav expressed his desire of becoming an IPS officer when he was preparing for the Civil Services exam and said,
I would dress like a police officer, sweat it out in the gym, believing one day, I would don the police uniform. Later, I realised that the police force was not my cup of tea. I, then, decided to have a go at modelling and acting. However, even after all these years, the love and respect towards the uniform and police officers remain the same. Throughout the 21 days of the film’s shoot, not once did I feel like taking off the uniform.”
- Arav is known for his advocacy against animal cruelty. During the 2021 lockdown, Arav urged his fans and encouraged them to feed the stray animals with food and water.
- He considers Indian actor Ajith Kumar as his role model.
- Arav talked about how he got the role of Arjun in the Tamil film Kalaga Thalaivan (2022) in an interview and said,
I like the movies of Sanjay Thirumeni. I was in touch with him. Suddenly one day, a phone call from Red Giant. They asked, ‘Have you made a hero, are you going to act?’ I was hesitant acting as a villain is not easy. No one can be fooled. So, I was afraid of being able to do it right. When I heard, I said that I will act immediately. The faith he had in me, the input he gave me, the job he got me all were strengths of this character.”
|↑1||Instagram – Arav|
|↑3||YouTube – JFW Just for Women|