Nithya Menen is an Indian actress, playback singer, and a dubbing artist. She is best known for playing the role of ‘Tara’ in the Tamil film, “O Kadhal Kanmani” (2015). Nithya is the recipient of three Filmfare Awards (South).
Nithya Menen was born on Friday, 8 April 1988 (age 32 years; as in 2020) in Banashankari, Bangalore. Her zodiac sign is Aries.
Nithya attended Manipal’s Manipal Institute of Communication and Bangalore’s Mount Caramel College to study journalism. Nithya actively participated in co-curricular activities in her school days. She was good at dance and singing from a very young age. When she was 10 years old, Menon landed a role in the English language film, “The Monkey Who Knew Too Much” (1998).
Nithya always desired to become a journalist. However, while pursuing journalism, Menen found it unappealing and decided to study filmmaking. She, then, moved to Pune’s Film and Television Institute of India to do a course in cinematography. When Menon appeared for the entrance exam of the course, she came across the film director, B. V. Nandini Reddy who convinced her to pursue acting.
Height (approx.): 5′ 3″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Family & Caste
Nithya Menen belongs to a Malayali Family. Not much is known about her parents & siblings.
Nithya Menen started her acting career in 2001 with the TV serial, “Choti Maa…Ek Anokha Bandhan.” She, then, played a supporting role in the Kannada film, “Seven O’ Clock.” Nithya made her Malayalam film debut with the film, “Akasha Gopuram,” Kannada film debut with the film, “Josh,” Telugu film debut with the film, “Ala Modalaindi,” and Tamil film debut with the film, “Nootrenbadhu.”
Subsequently, Menen featured in films like “Ishq,” “Ustad Hotel,” “Mersal,” “Awe,” “100 Days of Love,” “Iru Mugan,” “24” and “Praana.”
In 2019, Menen made her Bollywood debut with the film, “Mission Mangal.”
Nithya made her digital media debut in 2020 with the web series “Breathe: Into the Shadows.”
In addition to being an actress, Nithya is also a singer and has sung many songs like “Payasa” (Kannada, 2010), “Edo Anukunte” (Telugu, 2011), “Ammammo Ammo” (Malayalam, 2011), “Oh Priya Priya” (Telugu, 2012), and “Payasam (Malayalam, 2012).”
- Nandi Award for ‘Best Actress’ for the film, “Ala Modalaindi” (2011)
- Hyderabad Times Film Award for ‘Promising Newcomer Female’ for the film, “Ala Modalaindi” (2011)
- Ugadi Puraskar Award for ‘Best Actress’ for the film, “Ala Modalaindi” (2011)
- CineMAA Award for ‘Best Actress (Jury)’ for the film, “Ishq” (2012)
- 2nd South Indian International Movie Award for ‘Rising Star of South Indian Cinema (Female)’ (2012)
- Filmfare Awards South for ‘Best Actress-Telugu’ for the film, “Gunde Jaari Gallanthayyinde” (2013)
- Vanitha Film Award for ‘Best Pair (along with Dulquer Salmaan)’ for the film, “Ustad Hotel” (2013)
- Filmfare Awards South for ‘Best Actress – Telugu (Critics)’ for the film, “Malli Malli Idi Rani Roju” (2015)
- Nandi Special Jury Award for the film, “Malli Malli Idi Rani Roju” (2015)
- 5th South Indian International Movie Award for ‘Best Actress – Tamil (Critics)’ for the film, “OK Kanmani” (2015)
- 65th Filmfare Awards South for ‘Best Supporting Actress – Tamil’ for the film, “Mersal” (2018)
- Actor: Mohanlal
- Actress: Shobana
- Colour(s): Black, Blue
- Film Director: Mani Ratnam
- Cuisine: South Indian
- Film(s): Titanic (1997), The Matrix (1999), Spider-Man (2002)
- Music Director: A. R. Rahman
- Travel Destination(s): Kerala, London, Goa
- Singer: Shreya Ghoshal
- Sport: Cricket
- Writer: John Grisham
- His hobbies include singing and travelling.
- Nithya has worked in many different language films like Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Telugu, and Tamil.
- She has featured on the covers of many fashion magazines like “JFW (Just For Women) Magazine” and “Provoke Magazine.”
- Nithya is a polyglot and can speak six languages fluently.