Saranya Anand is an Indian actress, fashion designer, choreographer, and model, who mainly works in the Malayalam film industry. She is known for her roles in the Malayalam films Thanaha (2018), Mamangam (2019), and Aakasha Ganga 2 (2019). She is also known for her negative role as Vedika in the Malayalam television show Kudumbavilakku (2020) on Asianet.
Saranya Anand was born on 10 December in Surat, Gujarat. Her zodiac sign is Sagittarius.
She did her schooling at St. Thomas English Medium Higher Secondary School, Kerala. After that, she did B.Sc. in Nursing at Mangalore University, Karnataka.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Weight (approx.): 55 kgs
Hair Colour: Dark Brown
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Figure Measurements (approx.): 36-30-34
She belongs to a Malayali family. Instagram – Saranya Anand
Parents & Siblings
Saranya Anand’s father, Anand Raghavan, is a former businessman. Her mother, Sujatha (Amrita), used to work in the medical field in Gujarat. Her sister’s name is Divya (Divyadarshana Anand), and she is the winner of the title Miss Kerala 2020.
Husband & Children
On 4 November 2020, Saranya got married to Manesh Rajan Nair, who is an entrepreneur. The couple tied the knot at Guruvayoor Temple in Kerala. In an interview, she revealed that her marriage with Manesh Rajan Nair was an arranged one through mutual family friends.
She started her career as a model with a TV advertisement for Mahindra Scorpio. She was in class 10 at that time. Later, she appeared in TV commercials for various brands. She walked the ramp at Lulu Fashion Week 2017 for Pepe Jeans in Kerala as a celebrity show stopper.
She started her career in Mollywood by working as an assistant choreographer. She has worked as an assistant choreographer in more than five Malayalam films, one of which was “Amen” (2013). In an interview, while describing how she entered the Malayalam film industry, she said,
I started in the film as an assistant choreographer. My interest in dance brought me to this field. I was able to observe and learn about the nature of cinema and what happens in front of and behind the camera.”
Saranya Anand’s first Malayalam film was “1971: Beyond Borders” where she played the role of a Military nurse. The film was released in April 2017.
Later on, she appeared in several films like Cappuccino, Chunkzz, and Achayans in 2017. In 2018, she played the role of an IPS officer in the film, Thanaha and also appeared in the films Chanakya Thanthram and Laughing Apartment Near Girinagar in the same year. She played the role of a prostitute in the film, Mamangam, released in December 2019. Her several Malayalam films were also released in the Tamil language.
She also appeared in Aakasha Ganga 2 and A for Apple in 2019. According to Saranya, playing the role of a disfigured ghost in Aakasha Ganga 2 (2019) was very challenging. She said,
It’s true, no girl likes to see herself in a de-glam or disfigured avatar, but I trusted the team and I see myself as a passionate actress. Rather than doing the role, getting fame, and vanishing away, I would love to see myself grow like Nayanthara.”
She made her television debut with the TV serial Kudumbavilakku in which she played the role of Vedika. The show aired on Asianet in 2020. She gained immense popularity with her role of Vedika in the TV serial Kudumbavilakku.
She participated in “Dare The Fear” which was telecasted on Asianet in 2017.
In 2018, she participated in Dance Kerala Dance on Zee Keralam. She appeared in Comedy Stars Season 2 and Comedy Stars Season 3 on Asianet. On Comedy Stars Season 3, she appeared with her husband. She also appeared as a guest in one of the episodes of the reality TV show Bigg Boss Malayalam Season 4, which was aired on Asianet. Apart from this, she, along with her husband, has participated in the dance reality show, Dancing Stars (2022), which was telecasted on Asianet.
In 2022, she also participated in the first-ever turf game show “Super Challenge” telecasted on Asianet. The show featured many popular TV stars.
She has done several stage shows with megastars like Madhuri Dixit. She has appeared as a celebrity guest at several fashion shows. Apart from this, she has been the showstopper at several modelling events and has also inaugurated several ventures. In September 2022, she was invited as a chief guest by Chicago Friends at Knanaya Center – KCS Chicago.
Awards, Honours, Achievements
- Best Upcoming Actress in Cinema 2018 at Malabar Film Society Award Nights.
- Youth Icon Award (2020) for the film Aakasha Ganga 2.
- Best Negative Role Award for the role of Vedika in Kudumbavilakku (2022).
- She was honoured with the title “Style Diva in Malayalam Television Industry” by The Times of India in October 2021.
- She and her husband became the first-ever contestant to get Golden Buzzer Couple of Dancing Stars in November 2022 telecasted on Asianet.
She owns a BMW.
- Actress(es): Nayanthara, Amala Paul
- Perfume(s): Gucci Bloom, Gucci Bamboo
- In 2016, she was invited to judge the students of various colleges at a talent hunt show which was organized by Nehru College of Engineering & Research Centre, Kerala.
- In one of her social media posts, she revealed that participating in the reality show “Dare To Fear” helped her to overcome her fear of heights.
- She is a music lover and is often seen playing the piano.
- She is a fitness freak and regularly goes to the gym. She also does yoga to maintain her fitness.
- She is an environmentalist and is often seen planting trees on various occasions.
- She is a social activist and frequently shares her views on various serious social issues to create societal awareness.
- In the film “1971: Beyond Borders” she was given a choice between a full-length role or a small scene opposite Mohanlal, and she decided to take the small role.
- Saranya follows a non-vegetarian diet. Instagram – Saranya Anand
- She is an ardent follower of Lord Vishnu and Lord Krishna. She worships Guruvayoorappan (a form of Lord Vishnu worshipped in Kerala).
- In her leisure time, she loves to dance, travel, and read books.
- In 2022, she started vlogging on YouTube through her channel “Saranya Anand,” where she uploads several videos about her personal life.
- She is a perfume lover and has a great collection of various perfumes of luxurious brandsYouTube – Saranya Anand
- In November 2020, she appeared on the cover page of “Kerala Kaumudi Weekly.”