Adivi Sesh is an Indian actor, model, screenwriter, and director, and he has mainly worked in Telugu films.
Adivi Sesh Sunny Chandra New Indian Express was born on Tuesday, 17 December 1985 (age 35 years; as of 2020) in Hyderabad. He was brought up in Berkeley, California, United States. His zodiac sign is Sagittarius.
Height (approx.): 5′ 11″
Weight (approx.): 75 kg
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest 36″, Waist 32″, Biceps 14”
Family & Caste
Parents & Siblings
His father, Sunshi Chandra Adivi, is a doctor, and his mother’s name is Bhavani Adivi. His younger sister, Shirley Adivi, is a doctor too.
His grandfather, Adivi Gangaraju, was an Indian freedom fighter, and his grandmother’s name is Adivi Seshagireeswari. In one of his social media posts, while talking about his grandparents, he wrote,
My amazing #grandparents Adivi Gangaraju garu and Adivi Seshagireeswari. My grandfather was a freedom fighter. I have never met my grandmother but I carry her in my name. Now you know why the name ADIVI SESH.”
Adivi is the cousin of the South Indian director Sai Kiran Adivi.
During an interview, he talked about being in a relationship, he said,
I laugh at those rumours being linked with co-stars. We are used to such rumours in the industry but sometimes things get out of hand and we cannot do anything. Regarding my relationship status, I am in one as of now and am happy with it. I don’t want to speak anything else about it.”
After completing his graduation, he worked at a private firm Thousand Lights Inc. in California. In 2002, he debuted as an actor in the Telugu film ‘Sontham’ in which he played the role of Venkat. In 2010, he debuted as a director and writer in the Telugu film ‘Karma.’ The American actress Jade Taylor played the female lead in the film. He has acted in many Telugu films like ‘Panjaa’ (2011), ‘Kiss’ (2013), ‘Inji Iduppazhagi’ (2015), and ‘Goodachari’ (2018).
Sesh played the role of Bhadrudu/Bhadra in the epic Telugu-Tamil film ‘Baahubali: The Beginning’ (2015).
He has worked as a writer in many Telugu films including ‘Kiss’ (2013), ‘Kshanam’ (2016), and ‘Major’ (2021). In 2021, he debuted in Bollywood with the film ‘Major,’ which is a biopic of Mumbai attacks (2008) martyr Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan.
Awards & Honours
- Nandi Award for Best Screenplay Writer in the Telugu film ‘Kshanam’ (2016)
- 2nd IIFA Utsavam for Best Screenplay in the Telugu film ‘Kshanam’ (2016)
- Zee Cine Awards for Best Screenplay in the Telugu film ‘Goodachari’ (2018)
- Sakshi Excellence Award for Best Film Critics Choice for the film ‘Goodachari’ (2019)
- Film Director(s): Gowtam Tinnanuri and S.S. Rajamouli
- Cricketer: Sachin Tendulkar
- In an interview, he shared that at the age of 6, he had a crush on his English teacher ‘Mini.’
- He has won the titles ‘Mr India San Francisco’ and ‘Mr India Waves.’
- Adivi Sesh follows a vegetarian diet.
- He was inspired to write the script of the Telugu film ‘Karma’ in 2010 after he survived a near-death accident in San Francisco. This was the first Telugu film that was shot in the US with only an American technical crew. The music score of the film was composed by three American music directors i.e. Peter One, Leland Thunes, and Justin Durban.
- He is an avid animal lover and has a pet dog named Junnu.
- Adivi Sesh has walked the ramp in various fashion shows.
- He has also been featured on the cover of various magazines.
- Adivi Sesh loves to sing in his leisure time.