Bindu Madhavi is an Indian model and actress, who worked in Telugu and Tamil films. Bindu also participated in the Tamil reality show Bigg Boss in 2017.
Bindu Madhavi was born on Saturday, 14 June 1986 (age 37 years; as of 2023) in Madanapalle, Andhra Pradesh. Her zodiac sign is Gemini.
In 2005, She pursued her graduation in Biotechnology from Vellore Institute of Technology. In 2008, Bindu started her career in the Tamil film industry.
Height (approx.): 5’6″
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx): 34-26-35
Parents & Siblings
Bindu Madhavi’s father was a deputy commissioner in the commercial tax department. Bindu’s parents were against her decision of pursuing a career in the film industry. According to Bindu, her father did not speak to her for eight months. Idle Brain
She has a sister whose name is Varsha Govindu.
She had an elder brother whose name was Sagar. Sagar died in 2012.
Bindu Madhavi desired to become an actress from her childhood. She started her career during her college days, where her first assignment as a model was with the Saravana store sarees. Later, she met Venket Ram, who is a celebrity photographer. Venket did the photoshoot of Bindu Madhavi. Bindu did modelling and appeared in tv ads for brands like Tata Gold Tanishq. She walked the ramp in many fashion shows and was also featured in magazines. Bindu Madhavi-Instagram
Bindu was offered a Telugu film named Avakai Biryani that was directed by Sekhar Kammula in 2008.
In 2009, she acted in the Tamilian romantic drama film, Pokkisham, in a supporting role. She started getting more offers. In 2010, she worked as a lead actress in Tamilian films like Om Shanti, Rama Rama Krishna Krishna.
In 2011, she was offered the Tamil film, Veppam, in which she was featured in the role of a sex worker. The film did not receive much success however, Bindu was praised for her performance with a reviewer who said in Rediff.com that
she does very well and manages to engage our interest
In 2012, Bindu worked in the Tamilian film named Kazhugu
In 2013, Bindu worked in three Tamil comedy films named Kedi Billa Killadi Ranga, Desingu Raja, and Varuthapadatha Valibar Sangam, which were a success.
In 2014, Bindu acted in Tamil film, Oru Kanniyum Monnu Kalavaniyum
In 2015, she worked in the film Tamizhuku En Ondrai Azhuthavum and Pasanga 2
In 2016, Bindu worked in a horror comedy film named Jackson Durai and in a comedy romantic movie, Pakka.
After appearing in Tamil Big Boss, Bindu got more opportunities in tv commercials, films, and promotional events. In 2020, she also appeared in the Telugu web series named Mastis.
Love Quote: You had me at hello by Jerry Maguire
- In an interview, Bindu said that she was an average student at studies and was more inclined towards cultural activities. She used to participate in cultural activities and win prizes in most of them.
- According to Bindu Madhavi, her movies named Kazhugu (2012) and Kedi Billa Killadi Ranga (2013) were the two movies that changed her life.
- In an interview, Bindu said that in 2014, when she was offered the movie Oru Kanniyum Moonu Kalavaniyum, she was given the option between the role of the protagonist’s friend or his lover however she chose the role of protagonist’s friend as according to her, there was more scope to act in this role.
- In an interview when Bindu was asked about the reason for shifting from Telugu to Tamil movies, Bindu said that she was not much satisfied with the Telugu movies that she was offered in the starting days of her career as the role she got was hardly noticed as a role. Due to this reason, she decided to do Tamil movies.
- Bindu on talking in an interview about her struggling days said that those days made her stronger as a person.
- According to Bindu, she prefers eating continental food whenever she goes out.
- Once a rumour about Bindu’s death went viral, in which several Telugu news channels declared Bindu Madhavi dead. Apparently, a lady with the same name was involved in an accident in Andhra Pradesh and rumours started to float that it is the actress. Clarifying Bindu Madhavi posted
- In an interview when Bindu Madhavi was asked about her strength and weakness she quoted
People say that my eyes are big and expressive. My big eyes help me to convey emotions in films. And I am a proud owner of lovely dimples. My weakness is that I trust people very easily. Idle Brain
- Bindu Madhavi revealed in an interview that she did a prank with Anish, a film director, while they were shooting for the Tamil film, Avakai Biryani, she said that Idle Brain
We shot Avakai Biryani in a remote village near by Vikarabad. We operate from Vikarabad. We were traveling back to Vikarabad at 3 am after a late night shoot. Actors were sitting in a vehicle which was traveling ahead. Anish and the technical team were sitting in another car. I got a weird idea and stopped the vehicle. I got down, smeared kajal (eye make-up) all around eyes and let my hair open. When Anish’s vehicle approached, I suddenly ran into the road. The driver stopped it just an inch away. Anish got shocked and scared so much that he refused to talk to me for the next two days. He said that he would cast me as main lead if he attempts any horror film in the future”.
- Bindu Madhavi on talking about the shoot of the film Avakai Biryani in an interview said that Idle Brain
I am a fan of Aishwarya Rai and I heard that she really ate green chilies in order to get the real effect while doing Hum Dil Dechuke Hain Sanam. I always wanted to do such kind of feat if the scene demands. And when there is a scene in Avakai Biryani where I eat 7-8 green chilies, the director asked me to use glycerin. But it was an opportunity I was anxiously looking forward to, I ate 7-8 chilies for real and got the desired effect. But I had to suffer for the next one hour, as we could not get sugar.”