Nikesha Patel is a British actress and model who works in the South Indian Film Industry.
Nikesha Patel was born on Friday, 20 July 1990 (age 33 years; as of 2023) in Cardiff, Wales. Her zodiac sign is Cancer. She did a diploma in acting from Peter Wooldridges’ Acting School, Cardiff. She has done her graduation in Psychology.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Husband
She came in a relationship with the cricketer S Sreesanth in 2011, and they both broke up a year later.
She was rumoured to be in a relationship with Prabhu Deva.
When Nikesha Patel was 15, she was a part of the BBC TV shows like “Casualty,” “Tracy Beaker,” and “Doctor Who.” Actor and Filmmaker, Dev Anand, who was a friend of Nikesha’s father, offered her a role in his upcoming film “Beauty Queen,” but the film got shelved. She made her Indian film debut with the 2010 Telugu film “Puli” in the lead role of ‘Madhumathi.’
She made her Kannada debut with the film “Narasimha” (2012) with the role of ‘Varsha.’
Her Tamil debut was with the film “Thalaivan” (2014) as ‘Anusha.’
She has acted in several hit South Indian films such as “Varadhanayaka” (2013), “Om 3D” (2013), “Yennamo Yedho” (2014), “Alone” (2015), “Narathan” (2015), “7 Naatkal” (2016), “Bhaskar Oru Rascal” (2018), and “Market Raja MBBS” (2019).
- In 2018, S Sreesanth contested the Bigg Boss, where he claimed to have been in love with his wife, Bhuvneshwari Kumari, 7 years before he got married to her. This irked Nikesha Patel, who told that Sreesanth was in a relationship with her during that time. Her statements drew a lot of media attention. She said- Times of India
We broke up around the time I was shooting for Varadhanayaka, which was in 2012. What was he doing with me if he claims he was in love with his wife all the time that we were in a relationship? It makes me feel bad.”
- In September 2019, Nikesha gave birthday wishes to the power star Pawan Kalyan through her Twitter account, mistakenly, with a negative tag ‘#HappayBirthdayPawalaKalyan’ created by his haters for his performance in the Lok Sabha Elections. However, it landed Nikesha in great trouble with Kalyan’s fans, who slammed her for her mistake. Nikesha later deleted the tweet and wished Pawan Kalyan with the correct hashtag and also apologised for her mistake. In addition to this, she also requested the trolls to not to be so harsh on her, but when they did not listen, she announced that she was going to stop using her social media account until the trolls stopped. India Today
- Actress: Madhuri Dixit
- Filmmaker: Prabhu Deva
- She likes dancing and watching movies.
- She won Miss Wales Charity in 2006 and went on to win many titles at the Miss India UK contest in the same year.
- In an interview, Nikesha once revealed that she was a huge fan of Madhuri Dixit and wanted to be like her. Nikesha added that she was bad at acting. She said-
I was a terrible actor and the famed Peter Woolridge’s acting school rejected me six times in three years. But, I finally made it in, and ended up with a diploma in acting.”
- When Dev Anand’s film ‘Beauty Queen’ got shelved, Nikesha was advised to move to the south and try her luck in the South Indian films.
- Nikesha won SIIMA Award for Best Female Debutant for the Kannada film “Narasimha” in 2012.
- In 2018, Nikesha made headlines about her marriage with Prabhu Deva. During a media interaction, when she was asked about whether she wanted to work with Prabhu; she replied that not just a movie, she wanted to marry him. Her statement led the media to think that she was getting married to Prabhu. She later clarified that she was not getting married and Prabhu was only a friend to her.
- She is a good friend with the actresses Trisha Krishnan and Charmy Kaur.
- She is a bird lover and has many pet birds; two of them are named ‘Totsy’ and ‘Pearl.’ In 2019, one of her birds, Totsy died due to egg binding (a serious condition in which a bird is unable to pass an egg through reproductive tract).
- Apart from acting, she is also a trained Kathak and hip hop dancer.