Ragini Dwivedi is a popular Indian actress who has mainly worked in Kannada films. On 4 September 2020, she was arrested by the Central Crime Branch (CCB) of Bengaluru; as she was involved in drug peddling case.
Ragini Dwivedi was born on Thursday, 24 May 1990 (age 30 years; as in 2020), in Bangalore, Karnataka. Her zodiac sign is Gemini. She did her schooling from Delhi Public School, Bangalore. She did her graduation in journalism and mass communication from Indo Asian Academy, Bengaluru. The Tribune
Beauty Pageants Height: 5′ 8″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
She was born in a Punjabi family and hails from Rewari, Haryana. Wikipedia Her father’s name is Rakesh Kumar Dwivedi who was a colonel in the Indian Army. Her mother’s name is Rohini Dwivedi. Her brother’s name is Rudraksh Dwivedi who is a fashion designer. Her paternal grandfather, Pyare Lal Dwivedi was a railway guard in Rewari, Haryana.
She was in a relationship with Ravi Shankar who was also arrested along with her in drug trading on 4 September 2020. Zee5 She is rumoured to be dating the real estate businessman, Shivaprakash. Asianet News
She wanted to become an IAS or IPS office, but in 2008, she was spotted by the Indian fashion designer, Prasad Bidapa who introduced Ragini to modelling. Ragini has worked as a model in various popular fashion shows like Lakme Fashion Week and Sri Lanka Fashion Week. She has walked the ramp for the famous Indian fashion designers like Rohit Bal, Tarun Tahiliani, Manish Malhotra, Ritu Kumar, and Sabyasachi Mukherjee. In 2008, she participated in the beauty pageant, ‘Femina Miss India contest’ in Hyderabad and was the first runner-up in the pageant. Later, in 2009, she participated in Pantaloons Femina Miss India held in Mumbai, in which she won Richfeel Miss Beautiful Hair title. In 2009, she debuted in the Kannada film, ‘Veera Madakari’ for which she won Suvarna Film Award for Best Debut Actress.
She has appeared in films of different languages, like Kannada, Malayalam, Tamil, and Telugu. Some of her Kannada films are ‘Gokula’ (2009), ‘Shankar IPS’ (2010), ‘Kanchana’ (2011), ‘Victory’ (2013), ‘Ragini IPS’ (2014), ‘Kichchu’ (2018), and ‘Adyaksha in America’ (2019). She has acted in Malayalam films, like ‘Kandahar’ (2010) and ‘Face2Face’ (2012). Ragini has appeared in a few Tamil films, like ‘Ariyaan’ (2012) and ‘Nimirndhu Nil’ (2014). In 2015, she appeared in the Telugu film ‘Janda Pai Kapiraju.’ She has played a cameo role in the Hindi film, ‘R… Rajkumar’ in 2013.
On 4 September 2020, The Central Crime Branch (CCB) of Bengaluru, which was inquiring in the drug racket in the Kannada film industry, arrested Ragini; as she was involved in drug trading. The CCB had served a notice to her on 2 September 2020, in which she asked her to be present before them on Thursday. She sent a team of lawyers to the CCB and asked for time till Monday. The CCB raided her residence on 4 September 2020, after a search warrant was issued by the court. Hindustan Times On 11 September 2020, the police custody of Ragini, along with Sanjana Galrani and four other persons, was extended by three days. News 18
- While talking about her older days, she said,
I was the sports captain. I was good at basketball and horse riding. I represented the state in basketball. I also took part in swimming competition. I was thrilled when a person like Amitabhji appreciated my work. He congratulated me when I told him about the number of Kannada films I had acted in. He said it is a laudable achievement.”
- In 2011, she endorsed Nandini Milk, a product of Karnataka Milk Federation.
- Kushboo and Ragini Dwivedi are one of the South-Indian actresses who have a fan club named on their name. While talking about the fan club. in an interview, Ragini said,
Already there are many fans pages in my name on social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter. I will also be interacting with my followers over there. But these registered and official fans association will help me to have direct conversation with my fans.”
- In 2015, she was appointed as the brand ambassador of Times Asia Wedding Fair. In the same year, she was awarded the Most Promising Face of Indian Cinema at the India Leadership Conclave in Mumbai.
- She is the brand ambassador of Hubballi Dharwad Municipal Corporation for the clean city campaign under the Swachh Bharat programme.
- She is the ambassador of Rotary District 3190 environment project Rotary Avani.
- She is an animal lover and has two pet dogs, Teddy and Mercury.
- Ragini follows a non-vegetarian diet, and she often shares non-vegetarian recipes on her social media accounts.
- She is also known for her various philanthropic work. She has helped people of slum areas and the needy people during the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020.
- Her hobbies include cooking and listening to music.
- She has appeared in various rallies of the BJP.
- She has featured on the cover of various renowned magazines.
References [ + ]