Lukman Avaran is an Indian actor, who primarily appears in Malayalam films. In 2021, he gained recognition for his performance in the Malayalam film Operation Java in which he played the role of Vinay Dasan.
Lukman Awaran India Today or Lukman Lukku The Times of India, was born on Tuesday, 22 May 1990 (age 33 years; as of 2023) in Changaramkulam, Malappuram, Kerala, India. His zodiac sign is Gemini. In 2008, Lukman enrolled himself at the Royal College of Engineering and Technology, Thrissur district, Kerala, where he pursued a Bachelor of Technology (BTech) in Applied Electronics and Instrumentation. Royal College of Engineering and Technology – Facebook
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Weight (approx.): 75 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Lukman’s father’s name is Avaran, and his mother’s name is Halima. Lukman has four siblings; one is older than him and three are younger than him.
Wife & Children
On 20 February 2022, Lukman got married to Jumaima at Panthavoor in Malappuram in the presence of their family members and friends.
In 2011, Lukman made his acting debut with the Bengali film Khondo Golpo 1971, directed by Badrul Anam Saud, which premiered at the ‘Bangladesh War of Liberation in Celluloid Festival’ in Kolkatta. In 2014, he made his Malayalam debut with the film Dayom Panthrandum in which he played the role of Red.
In 2015, he played the role of KL 10 Patthu. In 2019, Lukman received positive acclaim for his performance in the Malayalam film Unda as
- While auditioning for his role in the Malayalam film Dayom Panthand, Lukman was given a condition that he would be cast in the film only if he brought his own car as the character needed one. Consequently, Lukman rented a car for a month and learnt to drive in about two weeks.
- In 2016, Lukman was a c for the English film From Freetown TL.
- Lukman is actively involved in various social works, and he extends his support to those in need. In 2020, amid the COVID-19 pandemic, he collected funds and delivered medicine and food kits to people who were unable to afford basic amenities.
- Lukman actively participated in school and college stage plays but never thought of pursuing a career as an actor until he got to know about a filmmaker from Kozhikode, who was looking for fresh faces to cast in one of his films, and consequently he decided to give the audition.
- Lukman is fond of travelling and exploring new places.
- After Lukman decided to pursue a career as an actor, he shifted to Kochi from Malappuram to give auditions for films and acquire professional acting opportunities. He did a few odd jobs like working at the call centre and medical shops to meet his daily expenses.
- In an interview, Lukman talked about the unpredictable nature of the film industry and the factor of unreliability in his acting career as he had no godfather and said,
Even now I am tensed—despite Java becoming a hit. Cinema is only for winners. I feel no one stands with the losers. I might even go to the Gulf tomorrow. It is unpredictable despite having four films up for release. There is no guarantee for anyone. It’s easier to detach yourself from the success and failures of a film.”
- In an interview, Lukman stated that Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Vijay Sethupathi, and Will Smith are one of his favourite actors.
- Apart from playing the role of Suran in the Malayam film Kakshi: Amminippilla, Lukman also lent his voice to one of the songs in the film.
- In February 2022, after the marriage pictures of Lukman and Jumaima went viral on social media, Lukman was severally body shamed and was trolled for his colour. In an interview, Lukman expressed his displeasure on being bashed for his colour in the wedding pictures and said,
The very next day after the wedding, I was busy shooting for the movie ‘Thallumala’. So it was too late to find out about such an incident. Body shaming is a painful thing. Mistakes that are ingrained in people’s minds make them think like this. It will take time to change that. I’m used to joke and laugh like this before. But now I know it’s wrong.”
- In November 2022, Lukman’s Malayalam film, Saudi Vellakka, premiered at the 53rd International Film Festival of India (IFFI) in Goa, where he was appreciated for his performance in the film by the jury members.