Bhumika Chawla is an Indian actress and poet, who has acted in various Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, and Hindi films. She gained immense popularity for playing the role of Nirjara Bharadwaj in the Hindi film ‘Tere Naam’ (2003).
Height (approx.): 5′ 3″
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Parents & Siblings
Her father, Col. Ajitsingh Chawla, served in the Indian Army. Her mother’s name is Bali Chawla. Her elder brother serves in the Indian Army. She has an elder sister.
Husband & Children
In 2004, she met Bharat Thakur, an Indian yoga teacher and founder of Artistic Yoga. After dating for almost three years, the couple got married on 21 October 2007 at Guru Nanak Dev Gurudwara at Devlali Camp, Nashik, Mumbai.
After almost seven years of her marriage, the couple had a son named Yash Thakur.
She started her career as a model and appeared in TV commercials for various brands like Pond’s, Joyalukkas, Mangaldeep, and Nihar Shanti Amla Badam Hair Oil.
In 2011, she featured in the Hindi music video ‘Maahiya’ by Adnan Sami.
In 1998, she played the role of Meera in the Hindi TV serial ‘Hip Hip Hurray,’ which aired on Zee TV.
In 1999, she appeared in the Star Plus TV series ‘Star Best Sellers – Fursat Mein.’
In 2000, she made her Telugu film debut with ‘Yuvakudu’ in which she played the role of Sindhu.
She has appeared in many Telugu films like ‘Kushi’ (2001), ‘Missamma’ (2003), ‘Naa Autograph’ (2004), ‘Collector Gari Bharya’ (2010), ‘Seetimaarr’ (2021), and ‘Sita Ramam’ (2022).
She made her Tamil film debut with the 2001 film ‘Badri’ as Janaki.
Some of her other Tamil films are ‘Roja Kootam’ (2002), ‘Sillunu Oru Kaadhal’ (2006), ‘Kalavaadiya Pozhuthugal’ (2017), ‘Kolaiyuthir Kaalam’ (2019), and ‘Kannai Nambathey’ (2023).
In 2003, she came into the limelight with her debut Hindi film ‘Tere Naam’ in which she played the role of Nirjara Bharadwaj.
She then acted in a few other Hindi films like ‘Run’ (2004), ‘Dil Ne Jise Apna Kahaa’ (2004), ‘Gandhi, My Father’ (2007), ‘M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story’ (2016), and ‘Kisi Ka Bhai Kisi Ki Jaan’ (2023).
In 2007, she did a Bhojpuri film ‘Gangotri’ in which she played the titular role.
Bhumika made her Punjabi film debut with the 2008 film ‘Yaariyan’ as Simran.
In 2009, she made her Malayalam film debut with ‘Bhramaram’ as Jaya.
She has appeared in another Malayalam film ‘Buddy’ (2013).
In the 2012 Kannada film ‘Godfather,’ she made a special appearance in the film.
In 2015, she acted in another Kannada film ‘Luv U Alia.’
In 2019, Bhumika made her Hindi web series debut with the Zee5 series ‘Bhram’ as Ankita Paul.
In 2010, she worked as a producer in the Telugu film ‘Thakita Thakita.’
Bhumika Chawla is a poet too. She has penned a poetry book which consists of 60 poems based on her life’s incidents.
- 2001: Filmfare Award for Best Actress-Telugu for Kushi
- 2003: Nandi Award for Best Actress for the Telugu film Missamma
- 2003: Zee Cine Award for Best Female Debut for the Hindi film Tere Naam
- 2007: Santosham Film Award for Best Actress for the Telugu film Anasuya
- 2007: Nandi Special Jury Award for the Telugu film Sathyabhama
- 2017: Zee Telugu Apsara Award for Best Supporting Actress for the Telugu film Middle Class Abbayi
- 2018: SIIMA Award for Best Supporting Actress (Telugu) for the Telugu film Middle Class Abbayi
- While she was in school, she participated in various stage plays and dance competitions.
- In 1994, she participated in the beauty contest May Queen Ball. She became the first runner-up in the contest.
- In 1998, she did her first photoshoot with the famous Indian celebrity photographer Daboo Ratnani.
- In her leisure time, she loves to write poetries, do adventure sports, and paint.
- To maintain her fitness, she regularly practices yoga.
- She is often spotted drinking wine at parties and events.