Abi Hassan is an Indian actor and son of the famous South Indian actor Nassar. He is famous for his role of ‘Vasu Rajagopalan’ from the film “Kadaram Kondan (2019).”
Abi Hassan was born as ‘Abi Mehdhi Hassan’ on Thursday, 4 September 1997 (age 22 years; as in 2o19) in Chennai. His zodiac sign is Virgo.
He studied only till class 10 because he had decided to pursue acting as his career and felt that academics was a waste of time for him. He then enrolled himself for a diploma course in acting in Blue Ocean Film and Television Academy (BOFTA).
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Girlfriend
Abi Hassan belongs to a Muslim Family. His father, Nassar is a famous South Indian actor and filmmaker. His mother, Kameela Nassar is a producer-turned-politician.
He has two elder brothers Noorul Hassan Faizal and Luthfudeen (actor).
Abi Hassan made his debut as a child actor with the film “Sun Sun Thatha” (2012), which was written and directed by his father Nassar.
He then started working as an assistant director under the director Atlee Kumar for the film “Mersal” (2017). Abi Hassan then appeared in the 2019 film “Kadaram Kondan” as the second lead of the film ‘Vasu Rajagopalan’ opposite Akshara Haasan.
- Actress: Anushka Shetty
- He likes doing photography and travelling.
- While working as an assistant director for the film “Mersal” (2017), Abi Hassan used to receive a salary of Rs. 10,000 per month. Talking about the experience, he says-
I only had an actor’s perspective of what films were until Mersal happened. But when you’re an assistant director on a salary of ₹10,000 per month, and when, sometimes you may not get the daily allowances after a hard day’s work… (sighs)… that’s when you realise how hard people have it in the film industry. I learnt those things.”
- His father was the head of the department of acting in Blue Ocean Film and Television Academy (BOFTA), at the time, he was doing his diploma in acting from there.
- He is a huge fan of Vikram since his childhood and wanted to be an actor like him. Talking about Vikram, he says-
He is so versatile and he goes great lengths to transform himself into the character he plays.”
- After working as an assistant director, he had to sit idle for months, until he got the offer for the film “Kadaram Kondan (2019).”
- Unlike most of the actors, he believed to not take advantage of his father’s repute in the film industry. When asked for the reason, he said-
I am not the one who likes doing that. I am proud to be one of the sons of a versatile actor called Nassar. But I don’t think I should be taking advantage of his name. I want to make it big myself and make my father proud. Many people don’t know that I am his son and that is an advantage for me. Whenever I used to watch his films in the theatres, at the end of the film, I listen to many of the audience who say ‘Nassar has done really well’. That’s enough for me. I want him to experience the same feeling if possible.”
- He is politically inclined to the party ‘Makkal Needhi Maiam.’
— Abi Hassan (@AbiHassan_) March 28, 2019