Sunaina is an Indian actress who predominantly works in the Tamil film industry. She is known for the films Kadhalil Vizhunthen (2008), and Neerparavai (2012).
Sunaina Yella was born on Monday, 17 April 1989 (age 34 years; as of 2023) in Nagpur, Maharashtra. Her zodiac sign is Aries. She completed her schooling at Mount Carmel Girls High School, Nagpur, Maharashtra. Later, she pursued a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce at a college in Hyderabad. During her student life, she pursued theatre as one of her co-curricular activities.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Weight (approx.): 60 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest: 34″, Waist:28″, Biceps:13″
Parents & Siblings
Sunaina’s father’s name is Harish Yella.
My hero 🤗❤️ daddy❤️❤️❤️
One fine summer holiday in Hyderabad. pic.twitter.com/xWUHAKKnix
— Sunainaa (@TheSunainaa) June 24, 2022
Her mother’s name is Sandhya Yella.
She has two siblings, a brother and a sister.
Sunaina is rumoured to be dating Krishna, an actor who works in the Tamil film industry. In 2014, they starred alongside one another in the film ‘Vanmam.’ It was believed that they’d get married in the year 2021. However, Sunaina denied the rumours in an interview. The Times of India
Sunaina Yella made her debut in the film industry with the Telugu film ‘Kumar vs Kumari’ in 2005. In 2006, she made short appearances in the films ‘Something Special,’ and ’10th Class.’ Later, in 2006 she made her debut in the Malayalam film industry with the film ‘Best Friends’ in which she played the character of Kavya. In 2008, she got her big break with the film ‘Kadhalil Vizhunthen’ which marked her debut in the Tamil film industry. She starred alongside Nakkhul Jaidev in this film.
In 2009, she again starred alongside Nakkhul Jaidev in one of the most successful movies at the Box Office ‘Maasilamani.’ She continued starring in other Tamil films such as Yaathumagi (2010), Vamsam (2010), Pandi Oliperukki Nilayam (2012), and Thiruthani (2012). In 2012, she played the lead role in the film ‘Neerparavai.’
Some of the other Tamil films she appeared in are Samar (2013), Vanmam (2014), Theri (2016), Nambiar (2016), Kavalai Vendam (2016), Thondan (2017), Kaali (2018), Enai Noki Paayum Thota (2019), Sillu Karupatti (2019), Eriyum Kannadi (2019), Trip (2021), Estate (2022), and Laththi (2022). In 2021, she starred in the Telugu film ‘Raja Raja Chora’ in which she played the role of Vidya, which is one of her most loved characters by her audience.
In 2023, she starred in the Women Centric Crime Thriller film, ‘Regina.’
In 2018, she made her debut in the Television industry with the Tamil series ‘Nila Nila Odi Vaa.’ In 2019, she appeared on the ZEE5 network TV series ‘Fingertip.’ She then appeared in the Telugu-language political thriller web series ‘Chadarangam.’ In 2022, she starred in one of the episodes titled “Ex-Girlfriend” of the TV series ‘Meet Cute.’
Row with Jai Akash
In September 2009, Sunanina lodged a complaint against Jai Akash at the South Indian Artists Association, alleging that he morphed a few images of her to gain publicity for the movie ‘Madhan.’ However, Jai Akash in a statement said,
it is Sunaina who shot those ‘intimate’ scenes with me and there’s no need for me to commit certain cheap acts of morphing”
- In 2012, she was nominated for the ‘Filmfare Best Actress Award – Tamil’ for her work in the film Neerparavai.
- In 2012, she was nominated for the ‘Jury Award – Best Actress’ for her work in the film Neerparavai.
- Actress: Meryl Streep
- Singer: Abel, who goes by the stage name ‘The Weeknd’
- Music Album: Dawn FM
- Web series: Dexter
- Kdramma: TheK2
- Travel destination: Dubai
Hello Dubai. You have my heart ❤️ pic.twitter.com/ykjuuS1I93
— Sunainaa (@TheSunainaa) December 4, 2021
- In her leisure time, she enjoys reading, listening to music, and watching anime.
- Her favourite movie genres are sci-fi, drama, mystery, and thriller.
- In 2007, she shot one of the scenes of the Tamil movie ‘Sivaji: The Boss,’ but it did not make the final cut.
- Her favourite love scene from her career is when Saba remembers Meera at the end of the movie
- Her hobbies include cooking, and collecting fragrances & studying about them.
- She has had stage fright since childhood and faces anxiety during public speaking.
I have had stage fright ever since I was a child. I can be an artist and perform on stage with ease but to speak is something I always stay away from. I have downplayed it for ages, but my social interaction anxiety is a lot for me to handle.
— Sunainaa (@TheSunainaa) July 25, 2022
- She can speak English, Hindi, Marathi, Telugu and Tamil.
- She is an animal lover and has a pet dog, ‘Shiro.’
- In October 2013, she officially changed her name from Sunaina to Anusha. The Times of India However, she later decided to stick to her original name, Sunaina, with an extra ‘a’ in the end, i.e., Sunainaa.
- In May 2023, she hit the headlines for overstepping to promote her movie, Regina. As a part of the promotions, she went missing for two days, creating speculations of her being kidnapped amongst her fans. However, this did not appeal to the audience, and she had to face backlash for her actions. Pinkvilla