Nikhil Siddhartha is an Indian actor, who predominantly appears in Telugu films. He is best known for playing lead roles in the films Swamy Ra Ra (2013) as Surya, Karthikeya (2014) and its 2022 sequel as Karthikeya Karthik Kumaraswamy, and Kirrak Party (2018) as Krishna. Nikhil shot to fame for playing the titular role in the sequel of the film Karthikeya in 2022.
Nikhil Siddhartha was born on Saturday, 1 June 1985 (age 37 years; as of 2022) in Begumpet, Hyderabad, India. The Times of India His zodiac sign is Gemini. Nikhil attended Hyderabad Public School in Begumpet and St. Patrick’s High School in Secunderabad. The Times of India He earned his bachelor’s degree in engineering from the Muffakham Jah College of Engineering and Technology in Hyderabad. The New Indian Express During his college days, Nikhil realised his passion for acting. He participated in various skits and stage plays. In an interview, Nikhil talked about his first experience of acting in a skit and said,
In the first year of my BE, I was very diligent and never missed a class but after that, I discovered my calling is elsewhere. I had performed in a skit during one of the cultural events at college and it was well received. I started by visiting the sets often. This gave me an idea of how things actually work in Tollywood.” The New Indian Express
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Weight (approx.): 75 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest 42″, Waist 33″, Biceps 16″
Parents & Siblings
Nikhil’s father, Kavali Shyam Siddhartha, a professor, hailed from Gadwal in the Jogulamba district of Telangana. He suffered from a rare disease, corticobasal degeneration, and after fighting it for almost eight years, he passed away on 28 April 2022. News18
His mother’s name is Veena Siddhartha, who is a former principal of a school.
Nikhil has a younger sister, Sonali Siddhartha, and a younger brother, Rohit Siddhartha.
Wife & Children
On 14 May 2020, Nikhil got married to Pallavi Varma, a doctor, who hails from Bhimavaram in Andhra Pradesh.
The wedding took place at Nikhil’s farmhouse in Shamirpet, Hyderabad and was attended by their close friends and family members. In an interview, Nikhil revealed that Pallavi’s parents were not in favour of her decision to marry a man from the film industry, but they approved her decision after Nikhil’s mother convinced them. As per sources, Nikhil and Pallavi met each other through a mutual friend. On 3 February 2020, Nikhil announced his engagement to Pallavi.
In August 2017, it was rumoured that Nikhil got engaged to a girl from Hyderabad named Tejaswini, who was an engineer. According to some sources, Nikhil’s marriage with Tejaswini was an arranged affair and the couple was about to get married on 1 October 2017, but somehow it was called off due to unknown reasons. However, on being asked about his marriage rumours, Nikhil denied the same. Pinkvilla A close source of Nikhil revealed the details about his rumoured wedding and said,
It’s an arranged marriage as Nikhil’s parents saw the girl first and liked her. Afterwards, Nikhil met and liked her too. They are now planning an engagement in a few days’ time. Now that his career is going strong and he is in the safe zone, he finally agreed to his parents’ wish.” Deccan Chronicle
Nikhil belonged to the Yadava community. OP India
Nikhil follows Hinduism, and he is an ardent believer in Lord Krishna. NBT Entertainment – YouTube In an interview, Nikhil talked about his belief in Lord Krishna and said,
Being from a Yadava Community, my family would always celebrate Krishnashtami in a very big way as it was the main festival in our family.” OP India
Nikhil, being from a non-filmy background, started his career as a junior artist. In 2006, he got an opportunity to assist the director and act in the Telugu film Hyderabad Nawabs in which he played the role of a college boy.
Before starring as a lead actor, Nikhil appeared in small roles in a few Telugu films. In 2007, he appeared in the film Happy Days in which he played the lead role of Rajesh.
In an interview, Nikhil expressed his gratitude to Sekhar Kammula, the director of the Telugu film Happy Days, for giving an opportunity to him, who had no connection with any film associate and said,
It was in 2007 that director Sekhar Kammula gave me a break. It’s very difficult for an outsider to get a break, especially in the Telugu film industry. Either you need to be a star kid, or a movie family associate. But, Kammula is such a genuine person that he auditioned all newcomers, gave four people a break, and the movie turned out to be a blockbuster. It gave life to so many actors. I was lucky because 1.2 lakh people auditioned for that movie and only four of us were selected to play the lead roles. It was like being 1 in 25,000 or more. The Times of India
Nikhil has appeared in a few Telugu films like Ankit, Pallavi & Friends (2008) as Ankit, Aalasyam Amrutam (2010) as Ram, Surya vs Surya (2015) as Surya, Ekkadiki Pothavu Chinnavada (2016) as Arjun, Keshava (2017) as Keshava, Arjun Suravaram (2019) as Arjun, and Karthikeya 2 (2022) as Karthikeya Kumaraswamy.
Being remarked as “a person with slave mentality”
In July 2020, Ram Gopal Verma, an Indian film director and screenwriter, released the trailer of his film ‘Powerstar,’ which parodied the life of Indian actor, filmmaker, and politician, Pawan Kalyan. Disappointed by the satirical drama film’s trailer, Nikhil posted a tweet, which read,
Shikaram ni chusi Kukka entha Morigina.. a maha shikaram thala thippi chudadhu…meeeku Ardham ayyindi ga.” (No matter how loud a dog barks at a summit, the summit won’t even glance at it.)
Shikaram ni chusi Kukka entha Morigina.. a maha shikaram thala thippi chudadhu…
meeeku Ardham ayyindi ga… 👍🏼 #powerstar #PawanKalyan pic.twitter.com/1kzP2osyLR
— Nikhil Siddhartha (@actor_Nikhil) July 22, 2020
After his tweet went viral, Ram Gopal Verma, on being asked about his response to Nikhil’s tweet, addressed Nikhil as a person with a slave mentality and said,
“I don’t know who Nikhil is; all these people are the same. They all like being his followers in hope that he has a good impression of them. All this stems from a pure slave mentality, but it’s fine. Nikhil must be a star, but they’re all the same, so how does it make a difference to me.” The Times of India
- 2017: Youth Magical Award at the 49th Cinegoers Association Film Awards
- 2022: 50 Days Shield Award for the film Karthikeya 2
Nikhil Siddhartha owns a Range Rover and a Mercedes-Benz CLA Sports car.
Nikhil has inked his parents’ names, Shyam and Veena, on his upper back.
- Actor(s): Shah Rukh Khan, Ranbir Kapoor, Pawan Kalyan, Vijay, Mohanlal, and Puneeth Rajkumar
- Film(s): Andaz Apna Apna (1994), Sholay (1975), and 3 Idiots (2009)
- Web series: The Family Man, Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, and Sacred Games
- Actress: Bhumika Chawla
- Football Club: Arsenal
- Director(s): S. S. Rajamouli and Rajkumar Hirani
- Holiday Destination(s): Dubai and London
- Nikhil is fondly called Chewi by his friends. Zoom – YouTube
- Nikhil is fond of reading books, travelling, and cycling.
- Nikhil, in an interview, revealed that he was paid a cheque of Rs 25,000 to play the role of Rajesh in the film Happy Days, and said,
He gave me a cheque of Rs 25, 000/- which I remembered till now, and still I am keeping the cheque with me.”
- Nikhil follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- In an interview, Nikhil talked about his love for his hometown and said,
I was born in a nursing home in Begumpet and went to HPS, my grandmother also lives there and I still live there. I am pretty much made in Begumpet.” The Times of India
- Nikhil considers Shah Rukh Khan as his inspiration as Shah Rukh too was an outsider to showbiz, who made a name for himself in the entertainment industry. In an interview, on being asked about his favourite actor, Nikhil replied,
I am a huge Shahrukh Khan fan from the ‘Fauji’ and ‘Circus’ (television shows) time. I have watched every interview of his and learnt how he came from outside and became the King of Bollywood.” Outlook
- In June 2013, Nikhil lent his voice to the song Yo Yo Yo Memu Antha from the film Swamy Ra Ra.
- In 2016, Nikhil was ranked 27th on the list of Most Desirable Men of 2016 by The Times of India.
- In 2016, Nikhil was invited to judge the Miss Diva 2016 auditions.
- In an interview, Nikhil talked about the moment when he almost felt helpless and betrayed by the industry’s politics and revealed that a few producers, who were involved in power politics, tried to pull down his film Karthikeya 2 by postponing the release date of the film. He said,
Karthikeya 2 was initially slated to hit theatres on July 22, but that date was later changed to August 12. As the producers are now required to reschedule the release for October starting on this date. The powerless situation made me cry.” The Times of India
- As an assistant director for the film Hyderabad Nawabs, Nikhil was paid a remuneration of Rs 1116. 123telugu
- Nikhil is an active social worker, and he often donates money to relief funds and charitable trusts. In 2020, amid Covid-19, he provided aid to people who were in need of medical supplies, food, or other amenities.
- Nikhil talked about how his parents came up with his name during an interview and revealed that it comprised two parts, Nikhil and Siddhartha. Nikhil was derived from Lord Shiva’s name ‘Nikhileshwar’ and Siddhartha was derived from his father’s name Shyan Siddhartha. Amarujala
- Nikhil is often spotted consuming alcoholic beverages on various occasions.
- Nikhil is a fitness enthusiast, and he often shares his workout pictures on various social media platforms.
- In July 2017, Nikhil was featured on the cover of Red magazine.
- In 2022, it was reported that after the release of the Telugu film Karthikeya 2, Nikhil was approached to make his Bollywood debut. Nikhil talked about being approached by Hindi filmmakers and said,
My first choice is that the film I work in should reach out to different people and they should be liked. But if I tell you honestly, I have got offers of films from two big production houses of Hindi cinema. Although I cannot reveal his name right now.” ABP Live