Prayaga Martin is an Indian actress who works predominantly in Malayalam films. She debuted as a child artist in the Malayalam film Sagar Alias Jacky Reloaded (2009).
Prayaga Rose Martin The News Minute was born on Thursday, 18 May 1995 (age 28 years; as of 2023) in Kochi, Kerala, India. Her zodiac sign is Taurus. She completed her schooling at Bhavan’s Vidya Mandir, Elamakkara, Kochi, Kerala. Prayaga pursued a bachelor’s degree in English Literature and Communication Studies at St. Teresa’s College (Autonomous), Ernakulam, Kerala. In 2019, she completed her Master’s degree in Travel and Tourism Management at St. Teresa’s College (Autonomous), Ernakulam, Kerala.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Hair Colour: Black (dyed brown)
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Prayaga belongs to a Malayali family in Kochi, Kerala, India. She was born and brought up by her parents at her father’s ancestral home in Elamakkara, Kochi, Kerala. In 2011, they shifted to her flat in Kochi, Kerala.
Her father, Martin Peter, is a well-known builder, and her mother, Jiji Martin, is an interior designing enthusiast.
Prayaga Martin follows Christianity.
Prayaga was studying in the seventh standard when she made her debut as a child artist in Amal Neerad’s directorial Sagar Alias Jacky Reloaded. In an interview, she recalled her debut as a child artist and as a fan girl of the Malayalam actor Mohanlal, and she opened up that it was a special moment when she shared the screen with her idol. In 2012, she did a cameo in the Dulquer Salmaan starrer Ustad Hotel. Prayaga was cast as the as the lead actress in Oru Murai Vanthu Parthaya (2016), directed by Sajan K Mathew; she played the role of Parvathy. Oru Murai Vanthu Parthaya was a hit at the Kerala box office and helped Prayaga cement her place among the lead actresses in the Malayalam film industry.
She was cast as one of the lead actresses in Kattappanayile Rithwik Roshan, released in 2016, which was one of the biggest blockbuster hits at the Kerala box office; Prayaga played the role of Ann Mariya in the film. In 2017, she was cast in the comedy-drama film Fukri opposite famous Malayalam actor Jayasurya. She was cast in Arun Gopy’s directorial debut Ramaleela, released in 2017; she played the role of Helena Madhavan.
Prayaga Martin made her debut in 2014 with ‘Pisaasu,’ a Gothic horror film. She played the role of Bhavani in the film. The movie was one of the hits of the year 2014 at the Tamil box office. Prayaga appeared in a cameo role in the 2021 sports action drama Kalathil Santhippom.
In 2019, she made her Kannada debut as the lead actress in Geetha.
Prayaga Martin made guest appearances in several Malayalam TV shows, such as Midukki (2013), a beauty pageant-style reality show aired on the Mazhavil Manorama channel. In 2018, she made an appearance in the Laughing Villa, a celebrity comedy chat show that premiered on Surya TV. Prayaga was a guest on the Malayalam sketch comedy and celebrity talk show Badai Bungalow in 2019. Asianet TV invited her in 2022 as a guest judge to the comedy reality show Comedy Stars Season 3.
Prayaga Martin was cast in Mani Ratnam’s, Navarasa, a Tamil-language anthology streaming television series released on Netflix in 2022. She played the lead actress opposite famous Tamil actor Suriya in the segment ‘Guitar Kambi Mele Nindru,’ directed by Gautham Vasudev Menon. Her character, Nethra, was the love interest of Kamal (Suriya).
Prayaga appeared in the 2019 Malayalam-language short film Oru Breakup Kadha in which she played the role of Geetha. She was cast as Alisha in the English-language short film Did You Sleep With Her, released in 2020. In 2022, she appeared as Sara Mary in the Malayalam-language short film Chilappol Deivam.
- Hobbies: Cooking, Dancing, and Listening to music.
- Actor (Malayalam): Mohanlal
- Prayaga Martin is a trained classical dancer.
- Though she made her debut in 2009, as a child artist, in the Malayalam film industry, Prayaga’s breakthrough came in 2014 when she was cast as the lead actress in the Tamil movie ‘Pisaasu.’
- Coincidentally, her first lead roles, both in Malayalam and Tamil, were ghost characters. Bhavani in Pisaasu (2014), and Parvathy in Oru Murai Vanthu Parthaya (2016).
- In 2018, she won the Asianet film Award for Most Popular Actress for the Malayalam film Ramaleela.
- In 2015, Prayaga was nominated at the South Indian International Movie Awards (SIIMA) for Best Female Debutant for her role in Pisaasu.
- In 2020, she tried freshwater scuba diving and shared her experience on social media. Prayaga was scared of deep water since childhood; she tried scuba diving during the lockdown after one of her friends invited her. In an interview, she said that she managed to dive six meters on her first attempt. The Times of India