Harshika Poonacha is an Indian actress who has worked in various multilingual films. She gained immense popularity with her debut Kannada film ‘PUC’ (2008) in which she played the role of Gowri.
Harshika Poonacha was born on Saturday, 1 May 1993 (age 28 years; as of 2021) in Ammathi, Kodagu in Karnataka. Her zodiac sign is Taurus.
She did PUC (pre-university course) at Christ Junior College, Bangalore. Later, she pursued Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical from Cambridge Institute of Technology, Bangalore. The New Indian Express
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Brown
Family & Caste
Parents & Siblings
Her father, Uddapanda Poonacha, passed away in 2019. Her mother’s name is Uddapanda Shambavi Poonacha. She is the only child of her parents.
While she was in class 12, she joined a TV channel as a host in her summer holidays, the director of the Kannada film PUC (2008) noticed her and offered her a role in the film. After consulting her parents, she agreed to do the film, at that time she was only 15 years old. After completing her class 12, she worked as a TV anchor for a few South Indian TV shows, and after completing her BTech degree, she started working in a software company ‘Maxpro.’ She did not give up acting and continued her acting career as well. In 2009, she debuted in the Kodava film ‘Ponnamma,’ Konkani film ‘Kazar,’ and Telugu film ‘Edukondalavada Venkataramana Andaru Bagundali.’ She has acted in many Kannada films including ‘Thamassu’ (2010), ‘5 Idiots’ (2011), ‘Case No. 18/9’ (2013), ‘Bhale Jodi’ (2016), and ‘Udgharsha’ (2019).
In 2018, she made her Malayalam debut with the film ‘Charminar’ in which she played the role of Nanda. As of 2021, her Tamil debut film ‘Un Kadhal Irundhal’ and debut Bhojpuri film ‘Hum Hai Raahi Pyar Ke’ are in making.
Awards & Honours
- 2010: Karnataka State Film Award- Best Supporting Actor for the film Thamassu
- 2010: Suvarna Award- Best Supporting Actress for the film Jackie
- 2019: Chittara Award- Star of the Decade.
- 2019: DS Max National Award for excellence in movies and social work
- 2021: SIMA award for Jackie
- 2021: Women’s Achiever Award
- Actor: Shah Rukh Khan
- Co-Stars: Puneet Rajkumar and Shiv Rajkumar
- Clothing & Accessories Brand: Show Off
- Shopping Mall: Forum Mall in Koramangala
- Cuisine: Italian
- In her leisure time, she loves to listen to music and spend time with her family.
- While she was in college, she was selected as the cultural coordinator.
- During an interview, she shared how she used to manage her studies and films together, she said,
It was not a bed of roses for her to manage both — pursuing engineering and acting in films. However, an active support system comprising classmates, lecturers and parents allowed me to accomplish both. My juniors used to do my homework. They never complained and were quite happy.”
- In an interview, she shared how her ideal man would be, she said,
An ideal man is someone who is simple and down-to-earth. I hate guys who show off. I’m looking for someone who can play hockey well. He should be from Coorg.”
- During an interview, she said that the famous Hollywood actor Tom Cruise was the sexiest man alive on earth.
- Harshika Poonacha follows a non-vegetarian diet and loves eating Coorg spicy non-vegetarian dishes. The New Indian Express
- She has worked as a Director at the fashion, modelling, & film casting agency ‘Glamgod Fashions & Events.’
- She has walked the ramp in various ace fashion shows.
View this post on Instagram
- Harshika has been invited as a guest at the inauguration of various showrooms.
- She has been featured on the cover page of various renowned magazines.
- Harshika Poonacha is often spotted drinking red wine.
- She is an avid dog lover and owns a dog named Rambo.
- Harshika Poonacha is an ardent devotee of Sai Ram and has uploaded various photos of Shirdi Sai Temple on her social media profiles.
View this post on Instagram