Dev Mohan is an Indian model and actor, who is known for his work in Malayalam films. He is mainly known for playing the titular role of ‘Sufi’ in the Malayalam film ‘Sufiyum Sujatayum’ (2020).
Dev Mohan was born on Friday, 18 September 1992 (age 30 years; as of 2022) in Thrissur, Kerala. He did his schooling at Technical High School, Thrissur. He pursued B. Tech in Mechanical Engineering at Vidya Academy of Science and Technology, Thrissur. Later, moved to Bangalore and started working in a corporate job.
Height (approx.): 5′ 11″
Weight (approx.): 75 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest: 42 inches, Waist: 34 inches, Biceps: 18 inches
Parents & Siblings
There is not much information about his parents and siblings.
He got married to his long-time girlfriend Rajina on 15 August 2020. The couple dated each other for 10 years before their marriage.
Dev Mohan made his acting debut with the Malayalam film ‘Sufiyum Sujatayum’ released on the OTT platform Amazon Prime. In the film, he appeared in one of the lead roles alongside Aditi Rao Hydari and Jayasurya.
In 2021, he appeared in a short film titled ‘Dive,’ which premiered on YouTube. In the same year, he made a cameo appearance in the Malayalam film ‘Home.’ In 2022, he appeared in the Malayalam film ‘Panthrandu’ in which he played the role of Emmanuel.
In 2023, he made his Telugu debut with the Telugu film ‘Shaakuntalam,’ which was based on the Indian play ‘Shakuntala’ by Kalidasa. In the film, he played the role of King Dushyanta.
- In 2020, he won an award for ‘Best Debutant Actor (Malayalam)’ at the 10th South Indian International Movie Awards for his performance in the film ‘Sufiyum Sujatayum.’
- In 2022, he received an award for ‘Best Debut Male – Malayalam’ at the 67th Filmfare Awards South for his performance in the film ‘Sufiyum Sujatayum.’
- In 2023, he was presented with the ‘Promising Talent Of The Year’ award at the Hello Hall of Fame Awards South by the magazine ‘HELLO! India.’
- The actor was nominated for ‘Best Debutant Actor’ at the Samayam Movie Awards in 2020 for his film ‘Sufiyum Sujatayum.’
- He is also known as Madhu Mohan.
- In an interview, Dev revealed that while he was working in an IT Hub in Bangalore as a corporate employee, he was advised by one of his friends to pursue a career in modelling after which he participated in the beauty pageant Mr India 2016 and was selected among the top 15 contestants. He said,
I have always been a fitness enthusiast and used to work out regularly. It was one of my Iranian model friends Amin at the gym who suggested I should give modelling a shot and even try out Mr India. I managed to make it to the top 15 contestants in 2016.”
- For playing the role of Sufi in his debut film ‘Sufiyum Sujatayum,’ Dev Mohan prepared for two years to learn Arabic and Sufi dance. He took almost nine months to learn a perfect Sufi whirling.
- Dev Mohan often participates in charitable activities. In 2019, he contributed to various funding campaigns held to help flood-affected people in Kerala.
- He loves to play football.
- He is an animal lover.