Mahhi Vij is an Indian model and TV actress. She is known for playing the roles of Nakusha in the Hindi TV serial ‘Laagi Tujhse Lagan’ (2009) and Nandini in ‘Balika Vadhu’ (2016).
Mahhi Vij was born on Thursday, 1 April 1982 (age 41 years; as of 2023) in New Delhi. Her zodiac sign is Aries. She did her schooling at Lilawati Vidya Mandir School, Delhi.
Height (approx.): 5′ 1″
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Hazel Green
Parents & Siblings
Her father’s name is Vinod Vij, and her mother’s name is Sushma Vij. She has a sister named Shilpi Vij.
Husband & Children
Mahhi met the Indian actor Jay Bhanushali at a party of their common friend. However, they did not talk with each other. It was love at first sight for Jay. After almost a year, they met again at a club. Initially, they became friends and soon, fell in love with each other. On 11 November 2011, the couple had a court marriage, and they kept their marriage secret from the media and the public. The media came to know about their marriage at the sangeet ceremony of the Indian actor Vikas Kalantri, where Mahhi was spotted wearing a mangalsutra.
In 2014, amid the rumours of problems in their married life, the couple had a white wedding at a church in Las Vegas.
In 2017, Mahhi and Jay became the foster parents of their caretaker’s son Rajveer and daughter Khushi.
Together, they have a daughter named Tara, who was born on 21 August 2019.
After the birth of their biological daughter Tara, Mahhi Vij and her husband Jay Bhanushali are often trolled on social media for not taking proper care of their foster kids Khushi and Rajveer. In several instances, Mahhi and Jay have addressed their trollers, saying that all their children were being equally cared for. The Indian Express
Her cousin brother Shekhar Malhotra is married to the Indian TV actress Bhumika Gurung.
I have been fasting for the past two years now. I don’t follow any one religion. I have observed chaliya (a 40-day fast observed in Sikhism) also, and I go to a gurudwara too. I follow rozas (during the month of Ramzan), as it’s just something I feel like doing. I would say, I had a calling, and hence, I started fasting. It feels good, and I think all good things happen to me.”
At the age of 17, she started her career as a model. She has worked in various fashion shows and print advertisements.
In 2002, she appeared in the Hindi music video “Tu, Tu Hai Wahi” (DJ Aqeel Mix).
In 2006, Mahhi made her TV debut with the Sony TV serial ‘Akela’ in which she played the role of Meghna.
In 2008, she acted in a few Hindi TV serials like ‘Ssshhhh…Koi Hai’ (Star Plus), ‘Kaisi Laagi Lagan’ (Sahara One), and ‘Shubh Kadam’ (Sahara One). She came into the limelight with her 2009 Colors TV serial ‘Laagi Tujhse Lagan’ in which she played the role of Nakusha Patil.
She then appeared in various Hindi TV serials like ‘Na Aana Is Des Laado’ (2009; Colors), ‘Rishton Se Badi Pratha’ (2010; Colors), and ‘Laal Ishq’ (2018; And TV).
In 2010, she participated in Sony TV’s celebrity dance reality show ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4’ along with her choreographer partner Savio Barnes.
She has also worked as a comedian in a few Hindi TV serials like ‘Comedy Circus Ka Naya Daur’ (2011; Sony).
In 2012, Mahhi, along with her husband Jay, won the celebrity dance reality TV show ‘Nach Baliye 5.’ The show was aired on Star Plus.
She participated in the Colors stunt-based reality TV show ‘Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 7’ in 2016.
Mahhi has appeared as a celebrity guest in various Colors reality TV shows such as ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5’ (2012), ‘Bigg Boss 9’ (2015), and ‘Comedy Nights Bachao’ (2016).
Mahhi made her Telugu film debut with ‘Tapana’ (2004) in which she played the role of Meera.
In the same year, she made her Malayalam film debut with ‘Aparichithan’ as Kalyani.
- Actress: Kajol
- TV Show: Bigg Boss
- Film(s): Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998), P.S. I Love You (2007)
- Beverage: Green Tea
- Food: Rajma Chawal
- Travel Destination(s): New Zealand, Chicago, Greece
- Her family and friends lovingly call her Koshu.
- In her leisure time, she loves travelling and trying different cuisines.
- On the advice of her astrologer, she added an extra ‘h’ to her name and changed her name from Mahi to Mahhi. The Times of India
- In an interview, Mahhi shared that during the initial years of her career, she had faced, various financial difficulties. Mid-Day She said,
When I shifted to Mumbai I told my father that I will never be a burden on him. So there were times when we did not have money to pay rent and I did not have courage to tell my father. But somebody up in the heaven was looking after me and I would bag some project and would be able to afford the expenses.”
- She once worked as a kindergarten teacher.
- Mahhi is often spotted consuming alcohol at parties and events.
- She is an avid dog lover and has three pet dogs named Katori, Tim Tim, and Figo. Her fourth dog Angel had died, and in memory of Angel, she named her apartment Angel Niwas. Hindustan Times
- She has promoted various brands on her Instagram account.
View this post on Instagram
- Mahhi has got a tattoo of her husband’s name ‘Jay’ inked on her left wrist.
- She has been featured on the cover of various magazines such as Mother & Baby and Downtown Mirror.
- In 2016, Mahhi Vij and her husband Jay Bhanushali reportedly indulged in a serious quarrel following his intimate scenes in his debut movie Hate Story 2 with co-actress Surveen Chawla. The Asian Age
- On 31 May 2018, Mahhi and Jay started their YouTube vlog channel named Jay Mahhi Vlogs. She has around 240k subscribers on her channel as of January 2023.
- In August 2022, Mahhi and her husband Jay bought a Mercedes-Benz E-Class car.
- In 2022, Mahhi and her husband Jay filed a complaint at Oshiwara Police Station in Mumbai against the cook of their house. The cook had threatened to kill their family members. In an interview, while talking about the incident, Mahhi said,
It’s been three days since he joined us and started working for us. But we recently found out about his background that he apparently did something similar in Delhi. We went to the cops and he has now been arrested. We also have videos of him where he is threatening to stab me. He also verbally abused me. I have no clue why he did something like that.”
- In May 2022, she received rape threats from a man who banged on her car while Mahhi was in the car with her daughter. She then filed a police complaint against the man and requested the local police to trace him. The Times of India