VJ Chitra was a South Indian television actor and anchor. She was found dead in a Chennai based five star hotel on 9 December 2020.
VJ Chitra was born on Saturday, 2 May 1992 (age 28 years at the time of death) in Kotturpuram, Chennai. Her zodiac sign is Taurus. She did her graduation from Justice Basheer Ahmed Syed – SIET College Teynampet in Chennai. Facebook
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family & Caste
Parents & Siblings
Her father’s name is, Veerasamy Kamaraj, who is a retired sub-inspector. She had one elder sister and one elder brother.
Relationships & Husband
In 2013, she started her career as an anchor in the Tamil TV show ‘Sattam Solvathu Enna?.’ She worked as a VJ in many popular TV shows like ‘Oor Suthalaam Vaanga’ (2014), ‘En Samayal Araiyil’ (2014), ‘Saa Boo Thri- Season 2’ (2015), and ‘Vasool Vettai’ (2019).
In 2014, she debuted as an actor in the Tamil TV serial ‘Mannan Magal’ (2014) in which she played the role of Vaishali. Some of her other TV serials as an actor are ‘Chinna Papa Periya Papa’ (2014), ‘Darling Darling’ (2016), ‘Saravanan Meenatchi- Season 3’ (2017), ‘Velunachi’ (2018), and ‘Pandiyan Stores’ (2018).
She appeared as a contestant in various TV reality shows such as ‘Ring O Ring’ (2014), ‘Dance Jodi Dance’ (2016), ‘Nanbenda’ (2016), and ‘Zee Dance League’ (2017).
The actor had checked into her room around 1 am on Wednesday after completing a shoot. The hotel manager called the police helpline number 100 about 3.30 am on Wednesday. We are currently investigating the cause of her death.”
- She was a model and a psychologist too. She had worked as a model for various TV commercials and print advertisements.
- On 4 August 2017, she started her YouTube channel with her own name.
- She loved to eat non-vegetarian food.
- She had got a mike tattooed on her left arm.
- She was an animal lover and used to post pictures with animals on her social media accounts. She had a dog named Rabbit.
- She had a red coloured Brezza car.