Lavanya Tripathi is an Indian model and actor, who mainly appears in Telugu and Tamil films. She has also appeared in a few Hindi TV serials.
Lavanya Tripathi was born on Saturday, 15 December 1990 (age 32 years; as of 2022) in Faizabad, Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh, India. Her zodiac sign is Sagittarius.
She grew up in Dehradun, Uttarakhand. She did her schooling at Marshall School, Dehradun, Uttarakhand. Later, she pursued her graduation in economics at Rishi Dayaram and Seth Hassaram National College and Seth Wassiamull Assomull Science College in Mumbai. The Times of India
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Figure Measurements (approx.): 36-28-34
She belongs to a Brahmin Hindu family.
Parents & Siblings
Her father, Ratan Tripathi, is a lawyer and practises in a high court and civil court. Her mother, Kiran Bala Tiwari, is a retired teacher. Her elder brother’s name is Sidharth Ratan Tripathi. Her elder sister, Shivani Tripathi, is an assistant commissioner of state tax.
Lavanya Tripathi got married to Varun Tej, an actor, at Borgo San Felice Resort in Tuscany, Italy, on 1 November 2023. The wedding was attended by many actors including Chiranjeevi Sarja, Ram Charan, and Allu Arjun.
Lavanya and Varun first met while working together in the film ‘Mister’ in 2017. According to reports, they became close friends during the filming process and their friendship eventually turned into a romantic relationship. However, they decided to keep their relationship a secret for a long time. It was only during the shooting of their second film ‘Antariksham 9000 KMPH’ that rumours about their relationship started. As time went on, they started attending events and parties together, which further fuelled speculation about their relationship. Lavanya was even present at Varun’s sister Niharika Konidela‘s wedding in 2020, along with other celebrities. Apparently, it was Varun who took their relationship to the next level by proposing marriage to Lavanya on her birthday. On 9 June 2023, she got engaged to the Indian actor Varun Tej at Varun’s father’s residence in Manikonda, Hyderabad, Telangana.
Tripathi started her career as a model and appeared in various TV commercials like Fair and Lovely, Polo Minti, Binani Cement, Coke, Godrej, and Pond’s.
In 2006, she participated in the beauty pageant Femina Miss Uttarakhand. She was declared as the winner of the pageant.
In 2012, she started her career as an actor with the Telugu film ‘Andala Rakshasi’ in which she played the role of Midhuna.
She has appeared in various Telugu films like ‘Bhale Bhale Magadivoy’ (2015), ‘Srirastu Subhamastu’ (2016), ‘Yuddham Sharanam’ (2017), ‘Arjun Suravaram’ (2019), and ‘Happy Birthday’ (2022).
In 2014, he made his Tamil film debut with ‘Bramman’ as Gayathri.
In 2017, she appeared in another Tamil film ‘Maayavan.’
In 2006, she made her TV debut with the Hindi episodic TV series ‘Ssshhhh…Koi Hai,’ which aired on Star Plus.
She then participated in the reality TV show ‘Get Gorgeous 5’ (2008), which aired on channel V.
In 2009, she played the role of Mishti Das/Araina Rai in the Sony TV serial ‘Pyaar Ka Bandhan.’
She has also appeared in Sony TV’s episodic TV series ‘CID’ as Sakshi.
In 2014, she acted in the Hindi short film ‘10:30, Chalien School’ in which she played the role of Disha.
She has been featured in the Tamil music video “Pottum Pogattume” (2021) by Jen Martin and Sathyajit Ravi.
Lavanya played the role of Kiran Prabha in her debut Telugu web series ‘Puli Meka’ (2023), which streamed on ZEE5.
Raid By Income Tax Department
In 2019, the officials from the Directorate General of GST Intelligence (DGGSTI) raided various business places, including those of Tollywood actress Lavanya Tripathi, to investigate possible tax evasion. It was reported that the actress was accused of not paying the required Goods and Services Tax (GST) for a business deal worth Rs 20 lakh. The officials conducted the search at one of her rented houses located in Banjara Hills. The New Indian Express While addressing the media, the GST official said,
At the time of the raids, Lavanya was away from her residence. In the presence of her staff, the officials had verified the GST payments made by the actress on the purchase of several valuables. It is reported that she had evaded tax worth of `20 lakh, but details are yet to be verified.”
- 2013: CineMAA Awards for Best Female Debut for the Telugu film Andala Rakshasi
- 2016: Zee Telugu Apsara Awards for Rising Star of the Year for the film Bhale Bhale Magadivoy
- 2017: Zee Cine Awards Telugu for Girl Next Door of the Year for the film Soggade Chinni Nayana
- 2018: Zee Telugu Apsara Awards for Popular Face of the Year
- Actor: Prabhas
- Cuisine(s): North Indian, South Indian
- Colour: Pink
- To brush up her acting skills, she did various theatre workshops.
- She is trained in Indian classical dance form.
- In her leisure time, she loves to travel and read books.
- She visits the gym regularly to maintain her fitness.
- In an interview, she shared that if her life had to be named after a film, it would be the Hollywood film ‘La La Land’ (2016). She said,
If my life was a movie, I think it would be La La Land. Because my whole life I’m always dancing, enjoying in my own world, and I was always like that since my childhood, and people around me would always say that to me, too – which is true.”
- Lavanya is an avid animal lover and has a pet dog named Oliver.
- She has been featured on the cover of various magazines like You & I, Provoke, and Red.
- In 2020, during an interview, the Indian YouTuber Sriramoju Sunishith said that he was in a romantic relationship with the Indian actresses Lavanya Tripathi and Tamannaah Bhatia. However, later, he ended the relationship with both of them. Sunishith mentioned that Tripathi was not happy with him, so she decided to end their relationship. He said,
I proposed to Lavanya Tripathi and she said okay. We used to go to restaurants and go to watch movies in her car only because I have a bike. I wanted to marry her. I took her to a temple nearby and we secretly got married in the year 2015. We were together even after the marriage. My parents have accepted our marriage but her parents supported.”
He also said that she didn’t want to stay together and eventually broke up with him. Additionally, he mentioned that his parents didn’t approve of their marriage because of differences in their social groups. Afterwards, Lavanya, who was very upset by what Sriramoju Sunishith said, filed a complaint against him with the Cyber Crime officials in Hyderabad. In her complaint, she stated that Sunishith was supposedly spreading false information and tarnishing her image on social media. International Business Times
- On 10 September 2022, a politician from the BJP party named Om Birla, expressed his opinion on Twitter suggesting that Brahmins are superior to other people. Lavanya, an actress, shared his tweet and questioned him about his claims. However, she later deleted her tweet, but it had already spread widely as screenshots of her post became viral on social media. Eventually, Lavanya explained why she removed the tweet. On 11 September 2022, she answered some questions on her Twitter profile, stating that tweets can be misleading and that she doesn’t want to harm anyone while expressing her point of view. India Today
- In 2022, a girl from the Dalit community named Lavanya tragically took her life in Tamil Nadu. It was alleged that she had been subjected to mistreatment by Christian missionaries, who supposedly pressured her to convert to their religion. However, the actor who shares the same name as the Dalit girl became inadvertently involved in the controversy. Some individuals mistakenly tagged the actor while advocating for ‘Justice for Lavanya’ in their social media posts. One of the netizens commented,
Lavanya Tripathi is not a girl who gave her life for Dharma, but a cheap actress.”
Meanwhile, the case is gathering steam as Madras High Court has handed the case to the CBI. The court has also observed that the dying declaration of the girl should not be ignored. The justice movement is also growing as more and more netizens are joining the call on social media platforms.”
- She has started her YouTube channel on which she uploads videos of her work.
- In an interview, Lavanya Tripathi said she was a vegetarian but loved chicken biryani. Deccan Chronicle She said,
Yes, I order chicken biryani and remove all the pieces from it. Then I eat it without those pieces, because the taste is completely different from the regular vegetarian biryani.”