Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family & Caste
Parents & Siblings
Her father, Narayanappa, is an army retired personnel, and her mother works as a headteacher in a school. Her brother, Pradeep, works in a private firm.
Relationships, Husband & Children
After dating the Mandya (Karnataka) based businessman Nagarjuna for a couple of years, they tied the knot on 28 March 2020. Due to the coronavirus pandemic, they had a low-key wedding ceremony at the Byatarayanapura Ganapathi temple, Karnataka in the presence of her family members only. On the day of their marriage, problems started arising between her and her in-laws which lead to their separation later. The Times of India
She started her career as a scriptwriter. She debuted as an actor in the Kannada film ‘Soojidara’ (2019) in which she played the role of Burujanahatti Rajeshwari.
She has played small roles in a few South Indian films and TV serials. She has also worked as an assistant director for a few TV serials. She participated in the TV reality show ‘Bigg Boss Kannada 7’ (2019) hosted by the famous South Indian actor Sudeep Kichha.
She appeared as a Deputy Commissioner in the Kannada film ‘Ondu Dina Ondu Kshana’ in 2019. She played the role of a vamp in the Kannada TV serial ‘Lagna Patrike’ (2020) which is aired on Colors Kannada.
Chaithra became a rapper for the Kannada song ‘Hudugaru Thumba Olleyavaru’ in 2021 and has also penned down the lyrics of the same.
- She made a huge controversy while she was in the ‘Bigg Boss Kannada 7’ house in 2019, where she used the word ‘Untouchables’ for her co-contestant Deepika Das. She received huge criticism from the public and Ambedkar Sena (working for the welfare of the scheduled caste community). Later, she apologised saying that her intention was not to hurt any community. Pink Villa
- On 8 April 2021, she attempted to commit suicide by drinking Phenyl liquid at her home in Kolar, Karnataka at 5 am. On investigating the whole matter, the local police found that Chaithra’s husband’s (Nagarjuna) parents were against their marriage and ended their marriage on the same day they got married.
Nagarjuna said that he did not want to marry Chaithra, and he was forced by Chaithra to marry her. On the other hand, Chaitra said,
They assaulted my brothers, manhandled and Injured my aged parents. They humiliated our family in front of the public. When I went to complain to the police station his brothers-in-law came and requested me to give them two days time so that they would later sit and discuss with families. I agreed, but they betrayed me by lodging a complaint against the police without my knowledge breaking their assurance. This double game made me depressed.”
- She is a religious person and often visits temples.
- Chaitra has also organised many live poetry sessions on her various social media accounts.
- She has uploaded various posts on her social media accounts related to fighting depression and helping people who are going through depression.
- She used to be a popular TikToker in South India until it was banned in India in 2020. She had more than a million followers on her TikTok account.
View this post on Instagram